BFA Dunegon loot I Level Increasing in 8.1

Edmuir

Veteran
I don't have the blue post handy, but it wold seem that iLv for N dungeon drops is increasing to 340 from 310 (I believe this scales down to 217 for 110 Twinks). I would guess that means running the 3 Normal dungeons in your starting zone just became something we all might look into. It probably doesn't replace Mythic AtBT items and their set bonuses, but it's an interesting development for gearing options, at least on your new Twinks. Without a forging roll, I think that would be a 235-240 iLv sort of item.

Well on ptr right now the dungeon journal still says ilvl 273 (for my lvl 119) and opening bg boxes still gives ilvl 273 (even though it says the reward is ilvl 320).

Honestly, you should expect the ilvl increases to only affect max level drops. Anything below 120 is probably staying the exact same as it is now. There's no reason for them to change it, since there is no new leveling content that is either harder or rewarding better gear.

Remember that the reason they're doing it at 120 is that they're releasing a new raid with better gear, and they want the existing max-level content to remain relevant so people don't feel like nothing else besides the new raid is worth bothering with.

Users who are viewing this thread