BFA 70 vs 79 Twinking?

ryanhayes96

Veteran
Hey there!

So with BFA being close to launch and with the changes to PVP, are 79 twinks still going to be superior to 70 twinks in most ways? I know that 70's get a great bit of gem sockets and such, but do/will they matter more now in BFA versus legion? I have looked a bit for answers but cannot seem to find much.

Thanks!

I haven't actually looked into 79s in a long time, but from what little I saw, 79 gear has waaaaaaay more stamina than socket raid gear.

That's about my extent of knowledge since the pre patch lol

is it an even playing ground mostly when it is a twinked 70 vs 79? I thought there was some scaling in place or is that not a thing?

Thanks!

The Facts-

If you only want to PVP 79 is superior to 70 in every possible way.

79s have mastery and another talent

Socket gear is not as valuable because gems are nerfed.

Scaling helps but not enough to make 70s better. The gap is closer than it was pre pre-patch but there is still an obvious difference.

The 70 community is much bigger, partly for PVE reasons and partly for nostalgia.

There is a lot more 70 events and things to do at that level

79s are considered cheesy and looked down upon by the majority of the community

In my opinion play what you enjoy and what you plan to do in the bracket.

Awesome thanks!

One more quick question! I see that a good bit of 79's wear mostly lvl 70 gear for the sockets, is this still the case?

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

The Facts-

If you only want to PVP 79 is superior to 70 in every possible way.

79s have mastery and another talent

Socket gear is not as valuable because gems are nerfed.

Scaling helps but not enough to make 70s better. The gap is closer than it was pre pre-patch but there is still an obvious difference.

The 70 community is much bigger, partly for PVE reasons and partly for nostalgia.

There is a lot more 70 events and things to do at that level

79s are considered cheesy and looked down upon by the majority of the community

In my opinion play what you enjoy and what you plan to do in the bracket.

Have gems been nerfed more then they were on the PTR, did i miss something? Otherwise sockets can be very valuable, especially when stacking Primary Stats or PvP power/resilience.

I bet that gfed gear from cata dungs is not a BiS anymore. Was thinking about collecting brutal gear for sockets and resilience (really good this xpac). I would keep trinkets and weapon.
Important info: 79 green BoE eq has same stats as gfed cata gear now, so technically you can buy all your gear at AH and you have an option to choose your stats.
Third option may be WotLK crafted gear (http://www.wowhead.com/item=41353/savage-saronite-hauberk) if you still want to go for high stats but also want resilience.
It still needs some testing..

is it an even playing ground mostly when it is a twinked 70 vs 79? I thought there was some scaling in place or is that not a thing?

Thanks!
So I agree with Chey on some points but I have not personally come into contact with a 79 premade that has felt superior to us. There health is definately higher and there damage is higher, but because everyone’s health has been squished from 50+ k it is very easy to counter them. I kept queuing on my rogue vs 2 assassin rogues at 79 with socket gear and old cata dungeon gear and they were getting annhialatd by me and my buddy. Yes they are stronger but it is no where close to the difference in power they once had.

So I agree with Chey on some points but I have not personally come into contact with a 79 premade that has felt superior to us. There health is definately higher and there damage is higher, but because everyone’s health has been squished from 50+ k it is very easy to counter them. I kept queuing on my rogue vs 2 assassin rogues at 79 with socket gear and old cata dungeon gear and they were getting annhialatd by me and my buddy. Yes they are stronger but it is no where close to the difference in power they once had.
I have seen your rogue in other thread. Do you have some brutal set, or you rather go as glass cannon?
From my experience, rogues don't really need that much survivability if they have a good burst.

Been playing around on my 79 haven't decided if full pvp power or cata gear with mastery is better. Tested in frost so far but not fully geared for pvp power.

Full mastery i get to like 50% with 10k hp.

Full pvp power i get around 8k hp, 25% pvp power, 20% mastery, not fully geared yet just chucked some pvp power gems into my old 69 twink full gem set (have a few 79 scaled pieces too).

Gonna play around a bit more with diff weapons and new socket gear should be able to get another 10% pvp power or more.

A fully geared 79 should be better than a 70 due to the mastery but like already said the difference is not as it was before.

Thing is whatever bis is for 70s, it’s also possible for 79s to get. If you’re talking world pvp there might be an argument for 70>79 due to secondary stat scaling, but bgs it means 79s are almost always going to be better.

(Edit- actually I’m not even sure about the new world pvp and how the scaling on that works, so i may be wrong on that)

But I’ll no longer be able to run around in my gf’d 308 gear on my prot warrior and spammable 90% pain supprssion and kill everything and never die. Perfectly reasonable to call that cheesy a few months ago. Now the difference is negligable in most cases. And tanks just seem to suck and/or are horribly boring atm.

If there is a difference I have not really seen it for 70 vs 79. It is nice being able to raid and do heroics at 70 with the same community I have pvp’d with. At 79 it seems like you may be a bit limited in terms of content to do if your looking for something outside pvp
[doublepost=1532956096,1532956030][/doublepost]
Thing is whatever bis is for 70s, it’s also possible for 79s to get. If you’re talking world pvp there might be an argument for 70>79 due to secondary stat scaling, but bgs it means 79s are almost always going to be better.

(Edit- actually I’m not even sure about the new world pvp and how the scaling on that works, so i may be wrong on that)

But I’ll no longer be able to run around in my gf’d 308 gear on my prot warrior and spammable 90% pain supprssion and kill everything and never die. Perfectly reasonable to call that cheesy a few months ago. Now the difference is negligable in most cases. And tanks just seem to suck and/or are horribly boring atm.
Have you tried stacking resillence/pvp power? I’ve had some fantastic matches as prot in full brutal/resil set up

Does hc gear scale up and is it better than normal or the same now?

I have seen your rogue in other thread. Do you have some brutal set, or you rather go as glass cannon?
From my experience, rogues don't really need that much survivability if they have a good burst.
I personally never get hit enough to need a lot of resilience, I have roughly 2% not a lot, but I wanted to have a little bit for the sake of it. I feel like the brutal set is way to big of a main stat loss as a rogue. So I use some guardian off pieces and would suggest the ring and neck in sunwell, any additional resilience you’d like you can add where you see fit ofc. Personally I’m speaking on rogue havnt totally optimized other classes/spec and I’m sure dreams and fx will come shit on everything I said. There’s my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread