General Besting the Auction House - A gold making guide

Whatgoesup

Lost in Gnomer
Hello everyone, my name is Whatgoesup, and I'm a gold-making addict.
I'm here to let you in on everything you need to know on to make loads and loads of gold in World of Warcraft. From Pet Battles to Prospecting, everything you need to know to make your fortune is in here. I'm writing this guide after many, many requests to let people in on my secrets and besides this being a guide, this is also an AMA (Ask Me Anything), so if you have any questions be sure to ask them and I'll answer them as soon as I can. Also, if anyone uses a gold making method and it's not listed here, feel free to share! I'll look into it and possibly add it to the guide. So, on with the guide!

NOTE I: These methods are not the only methods out there to make gold, these are just the methods I use.
NOTE II: None of the methods are 100% guaranteed to work, they also depends on your realm's economy, the population and wether you have a brain or not.

Table of Contents:
  • Getting Started
  • Battle Pets
  • Alchemy
  • Flipping
  • Tailoring
  • The Ore Shuffle
  • Ending Statements
  • Update Log

Getting Started
So you want to make gold eh? Well, let me start off by saying that gold-making requires commitment, time, effort and brains. Making a lot of gold does not happen overnight, it is a process of months rather than days. A lot of people think that gold-making is immensely complicated and you need all professions maxed in order to do it. This is not true. I've made several times goldcap without ever using a profession and gold making is not that hard, is just requires four things: Commitment, time, effort & brains. Do note that this guide does not involve any kind of farming. Almost the entire process is done by standing at the Auction House, mailbox and bank.We're besting ther Auction House after all. Now, after this short introduction I'll tell you about the glossary, helpfull websites and addons.

The Glossary
  • MoP = Mists of Pandaria
  • TSM = Trade Skill Master
  • ilvl = Item Level
  • Misc = Miscellaneous
  • AH = Auction House
  • DE = Dischenchant
  • Min = Minimum
  • Max = Maximim
  • TUJ = The Undermine Journal
  • g = Gold
  • PvE = Player versus Enviroment
  • PvP = Player versus Player
  • CoD = Cash on Delivery

Helpfull links
There are a lot of gold making websites and blogs out there on the interwebz, but most of them share out of date gold-making methods or require you to pay an exessive amount of money in order to get the info you want. When I think of helpfull links there is one website that just stands out, and that is: The Undermine Journal.

The Undermine Journal (US) / The Undermine Journal (EU)
So what does The Undermine Journal (TUJ) do? It does an incredible amount of things! Many of you may know it and use it to look to look for twink items on different realms. But does much, much more. After you have chosen your realm you are located on, you'll see several tabs you can go to. First off there is the "Hot Items". Here you see items that are currently on your Auction House that go for high prices or if there is an incredible amount of the items posted. When it shows us that there is a great amount of a certain item available it usually means that it is cheap and if you use ot, it's a good time to stock up on the item. Furthermore it shows "Busy Sellers". It's a good idea to take a look at what people sell and who sell what. We can use this to identify who our competition is, also we can see their posting scedules so if you compete with them, try posting right after they usually post so you undercut them. Then we also have the "Great Deals" section. Here we find Great Deals, Unusual Items and Pet Battle Auctions. Now, in Great Deals we find items that have been posted a low price and TUJ thinks you can buy and resell for a big profit. Using your brain is crucial here. It's a nifty to tool to snipe items for cheap and resell for a much higher price. Then we have Unsual Items. Here we find items that haven't been posted a while and TUJ thinks could be profitable to pick up. Again, brains are crucial! I don't like the Battle Pet Auctions section and I don't use it. I would advice you to stay away from this. Last but not least we have "Crafted" & "Gathered". Here we find the prices of crafted items, mats for the gathered items and the price for gathered items. It also shows wether or not TUJ thinks it profitable to make an item based on the current mats prices. Again, use you brain! TUJ updates every hour so prices might not be equal in-game and sometimes someone posts one of a certain mat for 1g, while there rest is 5g+ and TUJ bases his advice on the lowest mat price. The last thing TUJ does is if you search for an item it will show you the current price, the average price across all realms, amount posted, most active sellers, a price/amount posted curve over a certain price period and more. All in all a very usefull website.

Add-ons
There are a lot of add-ons there that help in making gold. Some of them aren't needed, but there are a few I see as madnatory. They are listed below with links to Curse.

TradeSkillMaster is without the doubt the best add-on ever made. No question about it. However, it is complicated to set up and it takes a long time. If you're posting large amount of auctions, you must have this add-on. I use it all the time. If you need help setting it up, I found these video's really helpfull: (Be sure to watch all four parts.) Auctioneer is another Auction House add-on and I use it because I like the Auction House UI it has while searching and also I use the search function for flipping and transmogrification.

Auctionator is also another Auction House add-on. I use the buy and sell function from this add-on when I need to buy mats or when I sell a few items that are not in my TSM groups.

Postal is a mailbox add-on with some nice functions, simple as that.

Bagnon is a bag add-on and it combined all of your bags into one, giving you a clear overview and making looking for items a lot easier.

Next: The first gold-making method we'll discuss, Battle Pets

Last edited by a moderator:
Battle Pets

Battle Pets is something new that came with MoP. Many people compare it to Pokémon and find it dull to do. However, Battle Pets give us the perfect way to make gold without having any gold. Battle Pets are always a really good way to get gold across realms without transferring. One thing you need to note with Battle Pets is that there might be quite a few people doing it, or there might be loads of the pet already on the Auction House that you are trying to sell, so try to be unique. Also, since Battle Pets on lvl 25 costs quite a bit gold, it might take a little bit to sell them. So, how do we do it?

Your first pets
In order to start making gold with Battle Pets, you need atleast two Battle Pets of lvl 25. The only way to get them in the beginning is going through the long grind of getting a pet to lvl 25. Blizzard implemented that you can only learn a lvl 25 Battle Pet from the Auction House if you leveled atleast one to 25 yourself. When you begin leveling your pets, be sure to choose only rare quality pets. Also, try to choose pets that will have strong abilities later on and who are viable. Try going with a Beast, Mechanical and Undead/Dragonkin since those are very universal pets and are strong against most other pets.

We have atleast two Battle Pets on lvl 25, now what?
Now we can start making gold! First off, which pets can be sold and which can't? Any pet you catch in the wild cannot be caged and sold. Only BoE pets or pets attained via vendors/professions can be caged and sold. As you noticed while leveling Battle Pets is that you get Satchel of Pet Supplies from certain trainers. These satchels contain among some useless vanity stuff, Battle-Stones (such as Flawless Aquatic Battle-Stone) and pets such as Porcupette (which can be sold for a nice price!) Be sure to keep the Stones and not use them on non-tradeable pets. Now, what pet do we choose to level? If you're low on gold, try to first level a rare quality Battle Pet that you already posses (or buy a cheap one from a vendor that always comes in rare quality, think reputation pets such as Pengu) to level 25 and then sell it. After you have attained some gold you can start buying cheap lvl 1 rare quality Battle Pets from the Auction House, level those to 25 and resell for a nice profit. If you have Battle-Stones, use them on BoE pets that come in a quality less than rare. This increases the value even more and gives you more profit. Be sure to do the dailies for the satchels every day for a chance at the stones.

How to level Battle Pets quick
So now you have atleast two lvl 25 Battle Pets and chosen a pet to level, we can start doing some power leveling! The fastest way to level Battle Pets is to challenge trainers. What you do is simple. At a certain point during the fight, put in your low level Battle Pet and let him preform atleast one attack (doesn't have to hit) and then swap him out again. Because your other two pets are lvl 25, all the experience will go to the lowbie pet. And because the pets you fight are much higher than the pet you level, you get loads of experience. You can get an average of three Battle Pets per day from lvl 1 to 25 by using only trainers. The trainers you use are the Grand Master trainers from Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and all the trainers for Outland, Northrend and Pandaria. If you run out of trainers but you want to level more Battle Pets, I suggest you battle these Battle Pets in Vale of the Eternal Blossom in Pandaria: Golden Civit. They are fairly weak and they usually come in groups of four and give plenty of experience. use the same method here as with the trainers. After some practise, and having a small arsenal of diferent kinds of Battle Pets, you can roughly level a Battle Pet from 1 to 25 in one hour.

An alternative method
There is also an alternative method of making gold with Battle Pets, and that is with selling leveling boosts. What you do is, you advertise in trade chat that you can level any pet from 1 to 25 in about an hour and you charge 2 to 4k for it. You can also offer to upgrade their Battle Pets with the Battle-Stones if you have any for an additional 1 to 3k (all depends on server).

Cross realm Battle Pets
Since pets share across your battle.net account you can learn a pet on a certain realm, then cage and sell it on a different realm. This allows you to easily transfer gold across realms and factions. This can be usefull if you need gold on a different realm/faction for twinking or to start making gold there. Also, a really smart thing to do is to buy a Battle Pet on one realm cheap that is worth a lot more on a different realm and sell it there. This way you can make easy gold fairly quick.

This conludes the Battle Pet gold making part, so on to the next part: Inscription!

Making gold with Inscription has been around for quite some time now, and revolves mainly around making Glyphs. The profession you need is (obviously) Inscription. No other professions are needed to make gold. In order to max Inscription you need a lvl 80 character. Since you don't need any Spirits of Harmony, a lvl 90 is not needed. In order to start making gold with Inscription you need a reasonable starting capita. One downside with Inscription is that a lot of Glyphs that sell for a lot are not the ones you learn from the trainer, but the ones you randomly learn by doing the preforming the following: Minor Inscription Research, Northrend Inscription Research, Scroll of Wisdom and by using Book of Glyph Mastery. Since you can only preform the research once a day, you can only learn three new Glyphs a day (unless you use Books of Glyph Mastery). Other ways you make gold with Inscription is by making Weapons & Armor, Shoulder Inscriptions, Darkmoon Cards and Mysterious Fortune Cards. Now, on with the show!

Suggested add-ons:
There is only one add-on that is usefull with Inscription besides the madnatory ones and that is Ackis Recipe List. What it does is, it scans your professions and show which recipes you are missing and where you can get them. This way you can keep track of which Glyphs you still miss.

Milling
For Inscription, you need inks. The entire profession revolves around these inks and getting them is essential. The main way to get inks is by milling herbs and then using the pigment to make inks. When you're lvl 600 Inscriptions, the herbs you will be milling are MoP herbs. These are: Green Tea Leaf, Rain Poppy, Snow Lily, Silkweed and Fool's Cap. When you mill these herbs, you will recieve the following: Shadow Pigment and Misty Pigment. These are in turn used to make Ink of Dreams and Starlight Ink.
Here is a macro very usefull for milling, it saves a lot of time:
Code:
#showtooltip Milling
/cast Milling
/use Green Tea Leaf
/use Rain Poppy
/use Snow Lily
/use Silkweed
/use Fool's Cap
You can just make this macro and bind it, then press that button and it will mill, instead of having the press Milling and than manually select the herbs.
A few things you should note: you get a lot more Shadow Pigment than Misty Pigment and thus also more Ink of Dreams than Starlight Ink. Also, Fool's Cap gives a lot more pigment per mill than the other Pandaria herbs, but Fool's Cap is in turn often a lot more expensive than the rest of the herbs.So, how do you get your herbs? Farming them is no options, as that takes way too long and there will be bots competing with you. We buy the herbs from the Auction House, or directly from the suppliers. I like to use the buy function from Auctionator as it's very simple and it gives a clear overview. However, often there are no herbs or they cost way too much, so what do you do then? Suppliers, that is what you need. But how do you find them? Simple, you can do two things. First, you can spam trade, saying something like "Buying all your MoP herbs for ...g per stack! CoD me all you have! Also looking for suppliers!". However, this might be quite fruitless. The second thing you can do is, and I usually do this, is go to The Undermine Journal! Select your realm, and go to a herb such as Green Tea Leaf. Example: Green Tea Leaf. Then, go to Recent Sellers on the page and you'll see who has been posting the most in the past 96-hours. When you have the names, give them a wisper in-game or send them a mail asking them if they want to make a deal and become your supplier. Often people are quite willing, as this saves them time in posting, looting, being undercut and Auction House cuts. Settle on a price and you should recieve herbs on a daily basis an you'll never run out!
Now, we found our suppliers or a big amount of herbs on the Auction House, for what price should we buy the herbs? Because at a certain price it is no longer profitable to buy them. I cannot give you a set price, as it differs per realms and faction. However, you can get a rough estimate from The Undermine Journal. On the same page we just were, we see on top the mean of a stack of Green Tea Leaf, and we see a graph showing the avarage price over a certain period of time. Take the average price, and add a couple gold to the stack price. This should be your max price that you buy a stack of herbs for. The price you settle with your supplier should always be a little bit less than the average price since they save on posting costs and Auction House cuts. Be sure to stock up on the herbs if a lot are posted for cheap and you do not have a supplier. Sometimes there are "dry" times with very little herbs posted, and you need to be prepared.

Glyphs
The main thing you'll use to make gold with Inscription is Glyphs. People level characters, and new characters need Glyphs. Meaning that there is always a demand, and this means that they'll sell fairly quick. One thing is tho, that there are +- 400 different Glyphs, so posting a reposting takes a while. Often there will be several people already active in the Glyph market, so be ready to be undercut a lot. When making Glyphs I use TSM Crafting (if you don't know what TSM Crafting is, go watch the TSM video's on the first post) to see which Glyphs are profitable to make and which mats I need. For Pandaria Glyphs you need Ink of Dreams, but for older Glyphs you need diferent inks, such as Blackfallow Ink. So how do we get those? Mill old herbs? No. We trade in the excess Ink of Dream we have for these inks. You can trade them in at several vendors, such as Jessica Sellers . After your done making all the Glyphs you need and you have Ink of Dreams leftover, trade them in for the inks you need for your daily research and you could also trade them in for Starlight Ink and use those for other things, which will be discussed next. Last but not least, what do we sell Glyphs for? Well, again, the price per realm differs, but here I can give you a fall back price which you can use. I prefer 250g as a fallback price. It's not too high that people won't buy them, and you'll make a nice profit if you sell them for this price.

Weapons & Armor
Besides Glyphs, you can also make weapons and amor with Inscription, which can be quite profitable. However, most of the weapons and armor require Spirits of Harmony to make and to efficiently get those you need to be lvl 90, so take that into account.
The first thing you can make is a staff called Key to the Planes. This is a weapon that people often buy for their lvl'ing characters as the heirloom weapons stop working at lvl 80 (unless you have upgraded them). People also buy it for the transmog. This makes it worth around 500g, and it is really cheap to make.
Next off we have the lvl 85 blue staves, such as Ghost Iron Staff. However, I would advice against making these, as they require 2 Spirits of Harmoy and they don't sell quick. Instead, you could make Inscribed Fan, which cost one Spirit of Harmony, and use those to make offhands such as Inscribed Red Fan, which sell for a decent amount. The only thing tho is that they cost 5 Scroll of Wisdom, so you can only make it once every 5 days.

Shoulder Inscriptions
Using the inks we got from milling we can also make Shoulder Inscriptions. Since Inscription is the only professions you can make Shoulder Inscriptions with, they are in high demand and profitable. You can make rare quality ones such as Crane Wing Inscription and the epic quality ones such as Greater Crane Wing Inscription. Use The Undermine Journal to check your average realm price. Generally, the epic ones sell a lot quicker than the rare ones as they are better and the price difference in minimal. So I would only make a few rare ones, and a lot of epic ones. Making the epic inscriptions is also a way to get rid of our Starlight Ink.

Darkmoon Cards
Darkmoon Cards are used to create Darmoon Decks which are handed in during Darkmoon Faire to get really good trinkets that sell well. These Darkmoon Cards are made by using our Scrolls of Wisdom and Starlight Inks. The card you create is completely random, and it is very possible to get duplicates. It is a good idea to try and trade your cards with other people or sell them on the Auction House and use that gold to buy the cards you need to complete your set. Remember to always sell your trinkets a little bit after DMF is ended, as there are a lot of cards flooding the market then and the prices drop.

Mysterious Fortune Cards
The last thing we'll discuss are Mysterious Fortune Cards. They came new with Cataclysm, and are quite popular. The mats are really cheap, and they often sell quick. Prices for the cards vary from 15 to 30g each. A good way to advertise them is something like this: "Now on AH: Mysterious Fortune Cards! Buy one now for only 15g and have a chance on getting 5k!". Another thing you can do, and this usually works wonders, is spam this in trade: "Buying Fortune Card for 5.5k! I need them for realm xferring!". This will cause more people to buy Fortune Cards, and if someone were to trade you one, you get 5k back from vendoring them. Mysterious Fortune Cards are also used in Fortune Cookies, which are a great twink food.

That concludes Inscription. Next up: Enchanting!

Enchanting

Enchanting is one of my gold-making favourites. It is extremly versitile and there is always demand. Enchanting combined with professions such as Tailoring and Jewelcrafting can be extremely powerfull, but, this will be discussed later on in the Tailoring section and the Ore Shuffle section. Here I'll be discussing making gold with only Enchanting. Therefore, there is only one profession you need in order to do this, and that is Enchanting. In order to max Enchanting you must be level 80 and there are no Spirits of Harmony required to maximize this profession, thus lvl 90 is not needed. However, a few recipes officially require level 90, but there is a way to circumvent that, but more on this later. To start making gold with Enchanting requires a reasonable starting capita, depending on the enchants you plan to make. Making gold with purely Enchanting is heavily based on making enchants. There is however one common mistake, and that is that people focus on current enchants only. Old enchants (pre-MoP) sell for loads, the mats are often cheap and the supply is low, while the demand is high. So I'll discuss Enchanting in two parts, Current (MoP) enchants and Old (pre-MoP) enchants. Then I'll finish by talking about the companion pets you can make.

Suggested add-ons:
Pretty much the same as Inscription. Besides the madnatory add-ons the only other one I would suggest is Ackis Recipe List. Here you can see which recipes you are currently missing and where you can get them. This will come in handy when you notice you are missing a certain recipe and are unaware of how to get it.

Current (MoP) Enchants
MoP, as with every other expansion, brought new enchants to the crafting table. These enchants are ofcourse what people need, and they will sell quick. The price of every enchant is different due to the cost of your mats. Here The Undermine Journal is once again your best friend, use it to check the average price of your enchants. So, what do we need and how do we get it? There are four different materials that are used, namely Spirit Dust, Mysterious Essences, Ethereal Shards and Sha Crystals. We get these materials in 4 different ways. We get them by Disenchanting, buying them using Spirits of Harmony (which is rediculus, never use them for this), by destroying/creating them from other materials and by buying them plain and simple from the Auction House.
As I said, you can get these materials by combining materials or by destroying other materials. This is often a great way to get your materials cheaper than they are listed on the Auction House.
The conversion table is as follows: 5 Spirit Dust -> 1 Mysterious Essence, 5 Mysterious Essence -> 1 Ethereal Shard & 5 Ethereal Shards -> 1 Sha Crystal. Note that the creating of a Sha Crystal is on a daily cooldown. If you destroy materials the conversion table is as follows: 1 Sha Crystal -> 2 Ethereal Shards, 1 Ethereal Shard -> 3 Mysterious Essence & 1 Mysterious Essence -> 3 Spirit Dust.
Now, we have our mats, what do we make with them? Well, enchants obviously, and here are the enchants you can make. The nice thing is that you learn all the enchants from the trainer, except for these weapon and these bracer enchants. These enchants require you to be revered with the MoP faction called Shado-Pan, which typically required a lvl 90, since you cannot do the quests for reputation below level 90. But, 5.2 brought a way how you can get exalted on your enchanting alt. This can be done using Shado-Pan Insignias. Now, what enchants are profitable to make? Here we use TSM Crafting again to see what mats we needs, what the price of these mats are, the price of the enchant and the estimated profit. These enchants have a tendecy to sell quick so be sure to stock up.

Old (Pre-MoP) Enchants
Now, we discussed the current enchants, what is left is the non-current enchants! There are loads of different enchants and most of them can still be made and sold for a nice profit. One thing you should note tho is that a lot of enchants that bring in the big golds are aquired from Dungeon/Raid bosses (such as Healing Power from AQ40), reputation (such as PvP Power) and random world drops (such as Greater Stats).
You will use a lot of different materials, but luckily we have TSM Crafting and it'll tell us exactly what is the best thing to do in order to get our materials, so no worries about that. There is however the issue of pricing. Since the competition might be low, you could be the only one posting the enchants and thus you set the price. The trick here is to pick a price that is not so high that people won't buy it or let a friend make it or so low that you sell them all really fast with minimal profits while running out of materials. The price of each enchants differs usually and it differs per realm, so use The Undermine Journal and spend some time looking for the best price for your realm. So, now that is sorted, what enchants should we make? Well, what sells differs per realm, but there are some safe bets. Something that always sells are Heirloom enchants. These are enchants that can be put on your Heirlooms (they have no ilvl or lvl requirement) such as Greater Stats. Theses enchants go for big prices, since people only have to apply them once. Twink enchants also sell well, depending on realm. I also found that Cataclysm enchants sell suprisingly well, such as Landslide. But, the best way again to find out what enchants to make, is to use TSM Crafting to see that is profitable and what isn't. Using your brain here is key. If someone posts Boots - Minor Agility for 3k TSM is going to tell us it's extremly profitable, but this enchant will never ever sell for 3k. Thus making them would be stupid. If done right, you can sell loads and make loads of gold.
Pro tip: 5.4 is comming around, bringing scaling enchants. This means that a lot more enchants will be able to be applied on Heirlooms and thus creating more potential enchants that sell. I expect that they will rise in price by a lot, so what I would do is stock up on the enchants and release them once 5.4 hits!

Companion Pets
With enchanting, you can make two different companion pets. One for Horde and one for Alliance. The mats are quite cheap and they have a tedency to sell well, just be sure that you are cheaper than the caged versions. You can also sell caged and non-caged ones, creating a bigger chance for them to sell. Also, the Horde one sells for more on Alliance and vice versa.

This conlcudes Enchanting, and now it's time for some Alchemy!

Alchemy

Alchemy is a profession that has been profitable for ages, and it doesn't stop now. The different things you can do is vast, but finding profit can be hard on large realms. Alchemy combined with other professions such as Jewelcrafting can bring in a lot of gold, but in this section I will be focusing on Alchemy only. Thus the only professions you need in order to do this is Alchemy. Making gold requires a reasonable starting captia, but it strongly depends on what you make. Alchemy consists out of five major sections. Transmutes, Potions, Elixirs, Flasks and Mounts and these will be discussed accordingly. Alchemy is a professions with three different specializations, Transmutation Master, Potion Master and Elixir Master. These specializations can be learned and unlearned at your trainer. Every specialization does something different, and you should choose one based on what you do the most. Transmutation Master lets you sometimes get more of the item you are transmuting, up to x5. Potion Master lets you sometimes get more than one potion when making a potion, up to x5. Elixir Master lets you sometimes get more than one Elixir or Flask when making an Elixir or Flask, up to x5. Furthermore, in order to maximize Alchemy you do not need any Spirits of Harmony, thus lvl 90 is not needed.

Suggested add-ons:
Same as Inscription and Enchanting. Besides the madnatory add-ons this is just a nice add-on to show you which items you do not yet have and can come in handy if your planning to make pre-MoP items.

Transmutation
Transmutation is a great way to earn gold, and combined with Transmutation Master it is a great thing to do. Transmutation is based on combining a lesser item and some herbs into a greater item and sell that for profit. The only downside to Transmutation is that it is plagued by daily cooldowns and often a lot of items share that cooldown. What I would advice to use your daily cooldown on is Living Steel. These are always in a high demand and sell well. And if you're lucky, it might just proc x5. Other methods I use Transmuting for is transmuting meta's, gems and Trillium Bars.
First, transmuting meta's. The only way to get current meta gems is by Alchemy or Jewelcrafting. Since the Jewelcrafting way is not viable, only Alchemy is left. Meta gems are always in high demand, and tend to sell for quite a profit. They are not on a daily cooldown, so be sure to make these. Furthermore, you can also transmute pre-MoP meta's, namingly Shadowspirit Diamonds, Skyflare Diamonds and Earthsiege Diamonds. I found that hardly anyone ever makes these, and that they sell quite well uncut. But, as always, check TSM Crafting to see if it's actually profitable, but big chance they are.
Second, transmuting gems. You can transmute current gems by using a few herbs and an uncommon gem. I would not transmute WotLK gems as they share the daily CD with Living Steel and the Cataclysm gems are not profitable. The MoP gems can however give you some profit. An example is Primordial Ruby. Since 5.3 they are in big demand for both PvE and PvP, and they sell fast. Transmuting one only costs one Pandarian Garnet and one Golden Lotus. The only problem is that sometimes Golden Lotus can be really expensive, more expensive than the gem itself. Finding a supplier is key, in order to find one, do as I described in the Inscription section under Milling.
Lastly for transmuting, we have transmuting Trillium Bars. Trillium Bars are always in high demand as they are required for Alchemy and Blacksmithing a lot. You can net a nifty profit if the prices on Ghost Iron Bars are down.

Potions
People need potions, they use them a lot and they are often cheap to make and big profits are made. Suggested is that you get the Potion Master specialization if you're to focus on potions. There are however few potions worth making, as a lot of them just don't sell. Potions I suggest making a the ones that temporarily give an increased amount of a base stat, such as Mogu Power. Treasure finding potions such as Potion of Luck also often net a nice profit. Lastly I'd suggest making high demand potions such as Swiftness Potion and Invisibility Potion. They are used by twinks, PvP'ers and PvE'ers. Again, to see which potions are truly profitable, use TSM Crafting. But remember, brain is key!

Elixirs
I can be short on Elixirs, and I will. I found that Elixirs just do not sell well. Sometimes they do not sell at all. This is because there are flasks that give much better bonuses than the elixirs, and you cannot have an elixir and a flask up at the same time. The only elixirs that I sell are the elixirs lvl'ers or twinks use, such as Elixir of Lesser Agility

Flasks
Flasks. People need flasks, a lot. Every PvE'er that goes off to raiding buys a couple flasks in order to be prepared. Having loads of guild raiding, and every raid contains around 10 to 25 people, they need a lot of flasks. Thus flasks is something you mass produce. You can make Cataclysm flasks, but the profit and sales are minimal, and I no longer make them. Instead, I'd suggest you focus only on MoP flasks. But, we run into the same problem as we did when transmuting MoP gems. We need Golden Lotus. And often the Golden Lotus are more expensive than the flasks themselves. What you want here is a herb supplier. One that supplies the herbs you need for all the different flasks and also the Golden Lotus. As I said before, you can find how to find your herb supplier in the Inscription section under Milling. Often you'll find that the profit you make on your flasks is quite small, but if you're an Elixir Master you'll make more flasks and if you mass produce and mass sell them, the total profit can be quite large.

Mounts
With Alchemy, you can only make one mount. This is the Vial of the Sands. This mount is a 2-seater flying mount, and it's the only one currently available that doesn't require anything special such as RaF. The thing is, is that this mount is quite expensive to make. The vendor mats alone are 29k (without vendor discounts). It's not only expensive, but in order to get the recipe, you need atelast 525 Archeology. But, you can make an easy 5k or more with this mount when you create the rest of the mats yourself with Alchemy. The only thing is, it might take a little bit to sell so you will probably not see your gold back for a bit, making it hard to invest in other things.

That's it for Alchemy! Now for my near favorite gold-making method, flipping!

Flipping

It's time for some flipping action! Flipping is arguably the biggest market in WoW. Flipping is based on the principle of buying low, and selling high. Essentially everything you do on the Auction House, with every profession, is flipping. Flipping is besides Jewelcrafting my favorite gold-making activity. I've made several times goldcap with purely flipping, doing nothing more than buying items for low and selling high. You can flip everything. Literally everything. Thus flipping is a hard thing to write a solid proof guide for. However, there are several things you can flip, that work very well. Flipping is something you do not need any profession for, and you can do it on any level. Also, the gold you need is very little. What we do, is profit from other people stupidity/ignorance, as they post it for much less than the real value of the item. Now, I will discuss the following: Lvl 77-80 armor & weapons, lvl 83-84 armor & weapons, lvl 87-88 armor & weapons, lvl 80-85 MoP rare's and misc.

Suggested add-ons:
  • None!
Nope! None! There are no add-ons you need other than the mandatory add-ons.

Lvl 77-80 Armor & Weapons
Lvl 77-80 Armor & Weapons? What? What is he talking about? Well, exactly what you just read. It might sound strange, but flipping Cataclysm lvl 70-80 armor & weapons works wonders. People level loads of characters, and people love fast leveling. This is why these items sell fast, and vey well. Do note that you need a small capita to do this. But, what do we pay for an item and for howmuch do we sell them? Well, this differs per realm, and it differs a lot. Personally, I buy the items for max 100g, and then sell them for 250g. You should look at your realm, test it out a bit and adjust your prices accordingly. Finding the items on the Auction House is quite time consuming but is worth it. So, how do we find the items? We use the good old add-on called Auctioneer. What we use here, is the search function. Go to the search tab, and then go to general. At the top, you'll see "saved searches". Then give your search a name, and save it. Make two searches, called something like 77-80 Armor and 77-80 Weapons. The name of the search should be shown in green. Then, select one of the searches and let's do some editing. In type, we set Armor or Weapons. In quality, set uncommon. Then do min ilvl as 272 and max ilvl as 525. Why 272 you ask? Because the lowest ilvl of a lvl 77 uncommon weapon/armor piece that came with Cataclysm is 272. Put the min lvl as 77 and the max lvl as 80. Put min bid&buyout as 1 copper and max bid&buyout as whatever you want to pay max for one item. Now, we are done with editing. If you look the name of your search, it should be orange. This indicates that you made a change and did not save. So be sure to save. Now that our search is done, it is time to search. But, we do not press search in the bottom left corner, we press on the small red button right of it. Wait a few seconds and you should now see a list of all the items that met the criteria. These are the items we want, but we do not buy them all. For some items, have terrible suffixes. Like plate armor with "of the Tiger" (Agility and Hit) and cloth with "of the Whale" (Spirit and Stamina) and "of the Invoker" (Stamina and Crit). When you find items like these in the list, hit the ignore button. This will prevent them from popping up again (be sure to save after you ignore the items). Chcek your items every single time you search, as new items may have popped up with the suffixes you do not want. So after you have ignored all the items, press alt + shift + control then hit purchase. This will queue all the items for purchase. now you'll see a window popped up with the item and price. Just spam yes untill there are no more items queue'd (this means you bought all). Now we have items! Make TSM groups (I would set the post limit to two, since posting more than two of the same item is pretty useless), and start posting! I set 24-hours as my post time (48-hours is also viable) because you do not get undercut that often. You do not sell that many items, but you sell them for a high price, so you make your money back quick.

Lvl 83-84 Armor & Weapons
With 83-84 Armor & Weapons you do the exact same thing as with 77-80 Armor & Weapons, the only difference being flipping items of a different level and ilvl. I personally use the same method of searching and pricing for 83-84 Armor & Weapons as for 77-80 Armor & Weapons. Just create two more searches, called something like 83-84 Weapon and 83-84 Armor The only thing we change is the min lvl to 83 and the max lvl to 84, and lastly the min ilvl to 363. Also, the same things apply about the suffixes. Buy the items, make new TSM groups and start posting! More items, means more money

Lvl 87-88 Armor & Weapons
Same thing again, just be sure to make two more searches, change the min ilvl to 393, the min lvl to 87 and max lvl to 88. Ignore and buy items, make more groups and post!

Lvl 80-85 MoP Rare's
MoP brought us a lot of new items, and one thing leveler's really love are the new rare quality lvl 80-85 weapons and armor. The item level compared to the required level is extremely high, making them very overpowered and thus very pricy. These items are also used a lot by higher level twinks. These items are dropped in Pandaland, and since loads of people are leveling, there are always quite a few on the Auction House. Our goal is to snipe them for very cheap from the Auction House. Since quite a few people do not know about the value and are just looking for a quick few golds, they sell them cheap. This is where we swoop in, pick them up and sell for major profits. So this is actually something you can do while you're very low on gold, because if you're patient and wait, you will find an item you can flip for major profits. What is the price we buy the MoP Rare's for then? Well, as always, it varies per realm. However, 500g for an item is a safe bet. Personally, I ususally buy most the rare's if they are around 500-1000g. However, with experience comes knowledge, and by doing it a lot, you figure more out about the prices on your realm and how far you can go. For instance, Chestguard of the Solicitious Pandaren I won't buy for more than 200g, but for Grakl's Gleaming Talisman I will happily pay 7k.So which items are we looking for? The lowest ilvl is 409, and these are the lvl 80 MoP items such as Bjam's Door-Breaker. First off, I want to start saying that I advice against trying to flip the lvl 85 MoP crafted items. They get crafted very reapidly, and are often a high price already, in my experience it has never been very profitable. So how do we find the auctions we are looking for? Use Auctioneer again? No. You could, but I would advice to use Dealfinding Lists from TSM for this. I find that it works a lot better, the only thing is, is that you need to add every item manually into the list, which is a lot of work. But do not despair. You can import lists, and I made a complete list for you guys to import.

d1@87516/5000000,87456/5000000,87520/5000000,87522/5000000,87464/5000000,87499/5000000,87447/5000000,87515/5000000,87426/5000000,87521/5000000,87494/5000000,87467/5000000,87442/5000000,87506/5000000,87477/5000000,87423/5000000,87498/5000000,87422/5000000,87514/5000000,87485/5000000,87460/5000000,87431/5000000,87507/5000000,87478/5000000,87449/5000000,87513/5000000,87488/5000000,87492/5000000,87436/5000000,87500/5000000,87440/5000000,87504/5000000,87491/5000000,87448/5000000,87473/5000000,87519/5000000,87463/5000000,87421/5000000,87435/5000000,87441/5000000,87455/5000000,87461/5000000,87462/5000000,87434/5000000,87466/5000000,87471/5000000,87472/5000000,87476/5000000,87493/5000000,87505/5000000,87510/5000000,87470/5000000,87420/5000000,87432/5000000,87433/5000000,87438/5000000,87439/5000000,87453/5000000,87458/5000000,87428/5000000,87475/5000000,87484/5000000,87490/5000000,87497/5000000,87503/5000000,87511/5000000,87518/5000000,87454/5000000,87417/5000000,87429/5000000,87430/5000000,87443/5000000,87445/5000000,87446/5000000,87450/5000000,87425/5000000,87459/5000000,87465/5000000,87468/5000000,87486/5000000,87495/5000000,87508/5000000,87512/5000000,87469/5000000,87418/5000000,87424/5000000,87427/5000000,87437/5000000,87444/5000000,87451/5000000,87452/5000000,87457/5000000,87419/5000000,87474/5000000,87487/5000000,87489/5000000,87496/5000000,87501/5000000,87502/5000000,87509/5000000,87517/5000000@

These are all the flippable MoP Rare's. So what does this list stand for? Well, it basicly lists the item, and then the price. The 5000000 stand for 500g. If you want to only buy them for less or more, replace it with the amount you want to pay. So, we found some items for nice prices, we bought them, now we sell them. But for howmuch? Same old same old answer people, it varies per realm and per item. Some sell for 700g max, some sell for 15k. It's always a good thing to look at The Undermine Jourmal and if you can't find anything, it's a good thing to post it for 2.5k. It leaves you with a nice profit, and it's not so high that no one will buy it. One things with MoP Rare's is that you need to check the Auction House very often, as these items get bought very fast. But if you're active on a busy day, and you're a bit lucky, you can easily make 20k just by doing these items.

Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous pretty much circumvents anything else on the Auction House, as you can flip anything. However, I will talk about a few things. Twink items and miscellaneous items will be discussed.

Let's start off with twink items then. As we all know, twinks require more often than not certain BoE's in order to attain BiS. These items thus sell for nice prices, but it's quite realm dependent (you need twinks on a realm in order to sell twink items). Items we think about when talking about twinking items are items like Foreman's Gloves and Underworld Band. We depend on leveler's mostly to find these items and post them for quite cheap. It's basicly the same thing as lvl 80-85 MoP Rare's, the only difference is that that these items vary a lot in price, are a lot less abundant and sell a lot less quick. But if you find the right item you can still make a nifty profit. I sadly do not have a list for you guys on twink items.

Now, miscellaneous items. We'll start off with recipes. Recipes sell well. As people want them in order to make certain items, or just to collect them all and have all the recipes. There are quite a few recipes out there that are really, really rare (0.01% drop chance from just a few mobs) and sell for quite a lot. Such as Formula: Enchant Chest - Greater Stats. We look for them on the Auction House and when we find them we repost them for a lot more. I do not have a list of recipes that can be flipped for a lot of profit, but genereally the recipes that sell for a lot are the recipes that are dropped in Vanilla and in TBC. If you have say Enchanting, you could use Ackis Recipe List to see which recipes you do not have, and look where they drop. Generally when they just drop form a few mobs with a few % they are worth a lot. But, as always, experience is key. Just look up the recipes on WoWhead or The Underminer Journal when you see it on the Auction House. Second we have pets. Pets can be worth quite a bit, but only a few. The pets you look for a rare BoE pets that drop most of the time in Vanilla. You just have to hope for some leveler to find them and post it for little on the Auction House. Pets you have to think about are pets like Parrot Cage (Hyacinth Macaw). Lastly we have just random items that are worth a lot. These are items such as Haunted Memento. They are worth around 15k, but sometimes people post them for a lot less.

So, this is it, this concludes flipping. It's big and as I said hard to write a solid proof guide for. Starting flipping is quite easy, but mastering is hard. The more you flip, the more experience you get, the easier it will be. The next method discused is.... Tailoring!

Tailoring

It's time to stitch some profit together! Tailoring has been out there for ages and is always profitable. You can make many thing with Tailoring. Bags, shirts, mounts, old gear, current gear, etc. But, so far, there are only two things I have found majorly profitable with Tailoring. These two things are: bags and crafting materials. Everyone needs bags, always. And people always need crafting materials, and Tailoring provides us with a proper way of getting them. In order to profit from Tailoring you do not need to be max level, but it is advisable. To start making money with Tailoring you need a small capita, as you need to max it and buy the cloth. This section won't be overly long, but it can be very handy and profitable when utilized correctly. Please note that these methods below are meant to be done in bulk. If you make and disenchant two bracers, you won't make a lot/nothing. You need to make hundreds. Now, on with the show!

Suggested add-ons:
It's nifty to have if you're looking to see if have all the bag recipes, and if you don't have them, wherer you can et them. Besides this add-on I can not think of any other add-on that would be significally helpfull.

Bags
As I just said, people need bags, people always need bags. Often when people make new characters, the first thing they do is buy bags.The main bags you will be selling are Netherweave Bag, Embersilk Bag and Royal Satchel. When making bags, just one does not seem like a profit sometimes, but bags is really something you mass produce. So always be on the lookout for cheap mats that you can buy for later use. Do not limit yourself to one bag, or to one kind of bag. Make normal bags, but also Jewelcrafting and for example Herbalism bags.

Crafting Materials
This method utilizes the crafting of certain items with Tailoring, then disenchant them using Enchanting.This method requires you to have Enchanting, or to have a friend to do the disenchanting for you. There are four main things we make and disenchant for materials. One method is quite known, and the others method not so much.
The first one is the crafting and disenchanting of Netherweave Bracers. They only cost 3 bolts, and disenchant into Arcane Dust and Lesser Planar Essence, which often sell for a load. So whenever you see Netherweave Cloth cheap, buy it all, and make bracers and DE. If you want to do this constantly, you have to look at the avarage price the mats will give you per bracer you make, and the cost of a bracer. If the mats are worth more than the cloth, it's worth making them. If you have Enchanting, you can also use the Enchanting mats to make certain enchants for very little, maximizing your profit.

The second is the crafting and disenchanting of Frostwoven Gloves. They only cost 3 bolts of Frostweave Cloth and disenchant into Infinite Dust and Lesser Cosmic Essence. It's the same as with the Netherweave Bracers. If the costs of the mats is lower than the price of the disenchanted mats, make them. Always be on the look out for cheap cloth, for more profit. Here aswell you can use the mats to make enchants for even more profit. Infinite Dust is often rare, and very expensive.

The third is the crafting and disenchanting of Deathsilk Bracers. They only costs two bolts of Embersilk Cloth and disenchant into Hypnotic Dust and Lesser Celestial Essence. As with the last two, if the price of the mats is lower than the amount you make with the disenchanting mats, it is very profitable to make them. Hypnotic Dust has been extremely expensive lately, so selling shouldn't take long and give nice profits. But you can also use the dust to make the Embersilk Bags, or make Cataclysm enchants for twinks/levelers.

The last thing you can craft and disenchant for nice profits are Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Cuffs of Prowess. They currently cost 4 bolts of Windwool Cloth (will be 6 bolts in 5.4) to make and since the prices of Windwool Cloth are plain through the drain, and the bracers disenchant into Ethereal Shards (which have a nice price) you can often double if not triple your investment per bracer. Amounting to big profits. This is definiatly something I highly recommend. And if you're enchanter, you can also use the Ethereal Shards to make Sha Crystals or DE them into other mats, and use the mats for MoP enchants, and make big heaps of gold.

That's it for Tailoring. Short but powerfull. Remember what I said in the beginning, this only works properly if you make all these things in bulk! You can do Tailoring if you want some sure gold or if you want to get some more gold in order to do more expensive ways of gold making. Now Tailoring is done, there is only one thing that rests us to do. The long awaited profession, Jewelcrafting. So next: the Ore Shuffle!

The Ore Shuffle

Time for the long awaited Ore Shuffle, or, in other words, Jewelcrafting. If you ask someone who has made goldcap once or more, 90% of the people will tell you they did it through Jewelcrafting. There is one misconception tho, and that is that it's some secret method, formula, that makes this profession so powerfull. This is untrue. The Ore Shuffle is nothing more than utilizing your professions to the maximum possible. In order to complete the Ore Shuffle you need Jewelcrafting, Enchanting and Alchemy maxxed out with all current Jewelcrafting recipes. However, you can also do it with just Jewelcrafting. So a lvl 90 is not required, just 80 to be able to get Jewelcrafting at 600. But, you get the meta recipes from killing Pandaland mobs. It is quite crucial for the Ore Shuffle to have all current Jewelcrafting recipes. You need to do your daily research in order to discover new gem recipes, such as Primordial Ruby. If you're new at Jewelcrafting, or still busy discovering the recipes, I'd suggest doing them in this order: Primordial Ruby -> Vermillion Onyx -> Sun's Radiance -> River's Heart -> Wild Jade -> Imperial Amethyst. In order to do the Ore Shuffle, you need a sizeable starting capita. Ore is expensive, and leveling Jewelcrafting is quite expensive. The Ore Shuffle is also something you do in bulk. The more you do, the more money you make. So, let's get started.

Suggested add-ons:
Yes, Ackis Recipe List again! It's nice to use to see if you have learned all recipes yet, and if you have to switch between the different gem discoveries. It's also good to use to see if you have all meta recipies yet.

Every day I'm shuffelin'
Shuffelin' shufellin' shuffellin'. It's time to do some shuffeling! As I said, the Ore Shuffle requires you to use Jewelcrafting, Enchanting and Alchemy, but just Jewelcrafting is also possible. So, let's get down to the basics. What we'll be doing is Prospecting Ghost Iron Ore. Prospecting require 5 ore, so one stack of Ghost Iron Ore will let you Prospect it four times. Ghost Iron Ore prospects into uncommon gems such as Lapiz Lazulli and rare gems such as Imperial Amethyst. You also get Sparkling Shards, which are used (10 of them) to make a Serpent's Eye. You have roughly an 80% chance of getting Sparkling Shards, 25% of getting an uncommon gem and 5% of getting a rare gem per prospect. When we are done prospecting, we will end up with loads of shards, uncommon gems and a decent amount of rare gems. Pro tip: prospect Kyparite aswell! Kyparite gives the same amount of gems, and stacks up to 200! Often aswell, Kyparite per 20 is much cheaper than Ghost Iron Ore per 20, because people often don't think about Kyparite to use it as prospecting material and it is only used for a few select things. So be sure to always check for Ghost Iron Ore and Kyparite.
Here is a nice macro for Prospecting the ore, it eliminates the need to click Prospecting and then selecting the ore, speeding up your Prospecting time a lot.
Code:
#showtooltip Prospecting
/cast Prospecting
/use Ghost Iron Ore
/use Kyparite

Now it's time to find our ore. The main place to find it is on the Auction House. I use Auctionator here. I just love their search and buy function. Open up the Auction House, then go to the Buy tab and type in either Ghost Iron Ore or Kyparite. Now you'll have a list of all ore available. But what do you pay? The Undermine Journal time! Go to the page for Ghost Iron Ore or Kyarite for your realm and look at the avarage price per stack. As explained before, TUJ is a good thing to follow. So buy all the stacks up to the avarage price. The more experience you have with the Ore Shuffle, the better idea you will have about what you can pay. When you're doing it for the first time, be sure to look at howmuch you paid in total for the ore, and then howmuch gold you made. If the amount of gold made is substantially higher than what you paid, the price you paid was correct. Lower and up the price you pay accordingly. An other thing you can do, is look for a supplier. Sometimes the ore is rediculusly overpriced, or there isn't any on the Auction House. This is where a supplier steps in. Suppliers often supply loads more ore, directly to you, and for a lower price than on the Auction House. But how do we find one? One thing you can do is go to TUJ, go to the page of Ghost Iron Ore or Kyparite, and at the bottom you will see who posted the most in the past 96-hours. So in-game, send them a mail or wisper them and ask them if they're interested in supplying, often they bite. The second thing you can do is spam trade, with something like: "Looking for Ghost Iron Ore supplier, paying good, /w for more info!" . Just spam it whenever you're doing your auctions and you'll get some people interested.

We have our ore now, we know where to get it, we have prospected our ore and are left with a bunch of gems, so now what? Now it becomes interesting. You likely have your bags and/bank full with gems, which is a good thing. The first thing you want to do is convert all your Sparkling Shards into Serpent's Eye and then store them away for later. Then also store all your uncommon gems away for later use. If you're bank is full with vanity like mine, send them to an alt, then when you want them back, just return the mail. In our bags now we will only find rare gems (and a Jeweler's Kit ofcourse). This is where Alchemy steps in. You want to make meta gems, as they sell very well, for high prices. Alchemy is how you get them. By doing this transmutation you create Primal Diamonds which are turned into meta gems such as Reverberating Primal Diamond. It is very advisable to be a Transmutation Master as your specialization as Alchemist, because then you can get extra meta gems! The cost of one meta gem however is two of Vermillion Onyx, Wild Jade and Imperial Amethyst. This will really drain the amount of gems you have, and you should never put all your eggs in one basket, so be sure to keep some gems for later use. Now that we have our meta gems, what should we turn them in? I advice checking TSM Crafting after scanning the Auction House to see which is the most profitable. However, use your brain here, no one ever buys meta's such as Impassive Primal Diamond. Making meta's like these is a waste of money and materials. Now that we're done with the meta gems, we move on to our leftover rare gems. In today's market, PvP gems don't sell anymore. Since the resillience and PvP power nerf they just do not cut it anymore. This simplifies what we have to make and what sells. Making anything with PvP power or resillience on it is useless. Only make PvE gems. So which PvE gems do we make? Again, it's TSM Crafting who helps us out here. Make whichever gems look the most profitable, but remember, brain is key! Do not make gems such as Resolute Vermillion Onyx, even if they are 400g on the AH, they do not sell. One thing to remember tho is, as I said before, do not put all your eggs in one basket. If one gem is 100g, and the next three are 60g, do not make only the first. Make all of them, even if they will end up with less profit. If you make 40 of one gem, or 10 of each, you will sell your 10 of each quicker, and end up with more gold in the long run.

We dealt with all the rare gems we had and are left with meta's and cut gems, now we have our uncommon gems and Serpent's Eye left. Store away all the gems we just made (or post them) and retrieve your uncommon gems and Serpent's Eye. There are four things we can do with our uncommon gems. The first is to make rings and necklaces and DE them (This requires you to have Enchanting). The second thing is to make rare quality rings and necklaces. The third is to transmute the uncommon gems (This requires you to have Alchemy). The fourth thing we can do is simply sell them in stacks of 20.
Let's start with the first, making gems and necklaces and DE' ing them. We make two different things, Shadowfire Necklaces and Ornate Bands. Each requires three different uncommon gems, and one of each is needed to make one necklace or one ring. Making them takes quite a bit, and takes up a lot of space, so have big bags or be near a mailbox so you can store them at an alt. When you're done making them, you will have noticed you made severale rare quality ones. You can choose to not DE these and sell them, but I'd advice against it. In my experience they sell slow, have high posting costs and sell for little. When you're done crafting, you will see you have some uncommon gems left, store these for later use. So now we are left with a bunch of jewelry, and it's time to DE them. DE every single last one of them. DE'ing them gives you the three key mats from MoP: Spirit Dust, Mysterious Essence and Ethereal Shards (actually you get Small Ethereal Shards, but we turn those in for normal ones). Now, you can choose to either sell the mats raw, or turn them into enchants (I advice this), giving you materials for cheap and thus big profits on the enchants! DE'ing the jewelry takes a while, so here is a macro to speed up things:
It allows you to disenchant all different kinds of necklaces and rings without having to click on them. (Note that the two numbers starting with a 9 are the rare quality necklace and ring, so remove those two lines if you want to keep them.)
Code:
#showtooltip Disenchanting
/cast Disenchanting
/use 83793
/use 83794
/use 90904
/use 90905

The second method is to make the rare quality necklaces and rings that require Serpent's Eye and some uncommon gems (there are also several that require rare gems, you can also choose to use some rare gems for this). Jewelry you make are items like Widow Chain. They are often bought by newly dinged 90's and sell quite well. It's also a way to get rid of your Serpent's Eye.
The third method you can use is to transmute your uncommon gems into rare gems with Alchemy using Golden Lotus. Since Golden Lotus can be quite expensive, be sure to look at the price of a Golden Lotus and the price of the gem you are going to make to see if it's profitable! Since one transmute only costs one uncommon gem, you can potentially make loads. It is adviseable to be a Transmutation Master, as this allows you to make more rare gems then usual. With the rare gems you made, you can make meta's, cut gems or jewelry.
The fourth thing you can do is simply sell all the uncommon gems and Serpent's Eye you recieved on the AH in stacks of 20. They do have a tedency to sell, but sometimes a bit slow. Also, the price per stack for one gem can be very little while for the other it can be loads.

That's it, post your stuff and wait. I have a few things that can help you speed up the process of Prospecting and Disenchanting (it can also be used for Milling). They are two third-party programs, one has been confirmed to be allowed by Blizzard, but you still have to watch out. The other is simply a bot, which you should use on your own risk! I don't endorse it, but I don't say it's not nifty either. Here are the two programs: CKS & The Bot. Again, use at own risk, but they do certainly speed up things.

We're done with The Ore Shuffle, the method I and so many others used to make so, so much gold. If it seems simple, that's because it is. Utilizing your professions as much as possible, nothing more. I hope you learned and enjoyed my guide, it was a pleasure! Now, for some ending statements.

Ending Statements

So, here we are, more than 10000 words and 20 word pages later. It was a lot of writing, but I enjoyed it and it was a pleasure. I hope you all can learn something from this guide and put it towards your own advantage. Do not forget that this is also an AMA (Ask Me Anything) so post away your questions. If there are any suggestions, please make them. I will see what I can do. If you want to add something, or rectify something, please leave a comment. I will keep this guide as much updated as I can, and looking towards 5.4 I already see some changes. Thanks for reading and I hope you will enjoy the knowledge.

Sincerely,

Whatgoesup

Update Log

• None!

Looking good so far, i've never really been into professions either and i've always just made my gold from working auction house (buylowsellhigh), but i'm sure this will help some people who are newer to the game, so +1! :)

great guide. Major props
Thanks! :)

Good job man, I can't wait for you to finish so that I can take in the gold$$$
It'll take a day or two more, but I'll get it done

Looking good so far, i've never really been into professions either and i've always just made my gold from working auction house (buylowsellhigh), but i'm sure this will help some people who are newer to the game, so +1! :)
What you do is called flipping. And that is the next time I'm going to tackle in my guide. Starting on that tonight!

looking great so far! can't wait till you start on JC :D

but what is TSM Crafting? I might have skipped it, but if you havn't included it in your guide, it might be a good idea :)

looking great so far! can't wait till you start on JC :D

but what is TSM Crafting? I might have skipped it, but if you havn't included it in your guide, it might be a good idea :)

I said in the beginning of my guide that I urge everyone to watch the video's on TSM. In those video's it is explained what TSM Crafting is. I could explain it, but it would be extremly lengthy and it's already properly covered in those video's. I guess that when I first mention TSM Crafting I could refer people to the video's. Might do that.

I said in the beginning of my guide that I urge everyone to watch the video's on TSM. In those video's it is explained what TSM Crafting is. I could explain it, but it would be extremly lengthy and it's already properly covered in those video's. I guess that when I first mention TSM Crafting I could refer people to the video's. Might do that.
Oh right, I didn't see it then :) But yeh, would be smart to refer to it, so dumb people doesn't ask about it :) :) :)

This is a wel thought, detailed guide. Many that attempt to make these fall flat because they lack the details. It is obvious that you thought this out and put a great deal if time in putting these ideas into actual in game effectiveness.

Big props on this guide and I look forward to what appears to be future additions.

Hello peeps. I've been away a while on holiday and stuff and I've been deprived from internet during this time aswell, but I'm back now and finishing the guide. I just did Flipping and starting on Tailoring now. I decided not to do Transmogrification, because I don't do it that much anyways, don't know that much about it and honestly, I do not find it that profitable. I just put what I have so far in Word, 16 pages and 8099 words... Ah well :)

Users who are viewing this thread