Best XPOFF Brackets in Retail to get into BGs??

roguez

Hey All! I'm new here. What are the best levels right now to turn XPoff and get into BGs?? 10-14 seems dead. Is 19 good? Seems I only get in to BG if my XP is on. What are the brackets people are actively twinking in and doing PVP BGs with XP Off? Thanks!!

Last edited:
this guide that makes reference to you!
oh no...

... ok, wow thats a solid guide, it is a shame it is wildly out of date. Shadowlands kinda changed *everything* for F2P.

If you find yourself interested in F2P twinking, then you could do worse than start with the pinned guides (and their various discussions) in the 20s forum. Luckily, I compiled them all in one handy spot. Happy reading!

Worth elaborating on the 39s point for OP's sake since he's talking about queues...

39s have (or at least had recently) schedule arena and sometimes BG wargames, not queues.

The only brackets that provide regular queues are ones where you can cap your character while still keeping their xp on. Which, as previously stated, is 20s and 50s.

The only place I can think about getting actual xp off pops would be like... 20s arena skirmishes? If there's enough bored vets with gametime?

oh no...

... ok, wow thats a solid guide, it is a shame it is wildly out of date. Shadowlands kinda changed *everything* for F2P.

If you find yourself interested in F2P twinking, then you could do worse than start with the pinned guides (and their various discussions) in the 20s forum. Luckily, I compiled them all in one handy spot. Happy reading!
Thanks man. You're a gentleman and a scholar
[doublepost=1622141586,1622139984][/doublepost]So I've created an F2P toon and already have it fairly geared from BC runs. Currently I'm wondering:
1. What's the best way to get the sockets filled with gems with no trade/ah/goldcap? Is it gems from badge of honor vendor or is there another option? Also what's the best way to get the gear enchanted? I have enchanting but it will be a while before I have the right ones.
[doublepost=1622141708][/doublepost]
Worth elaborating on the 39s point for OP's sake since he's talking about queues...

39s have (or at least had recently) schedule arena and sometimes BG wargames, not queues.

The only brackets that provide regular queues are ones where you can cap your character while still keeping their xp on. Which, as previously stated, is 20s and 50s.

The only place I can think about getting actual xp off pops would be like... 20s arena skirmishes? If there's enough bored vets with gametime?
One question about the level 50 bracket.. Do you need to have no SL expansion at all or just a toon that hasn't started the SL questline?
[doublepost=1622142099][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1622141586,1622139984][/doublepost]So I've created an F2P toon and already have it fairly geared from BC runs. Currently I'm wondering:
1. What's the best way to get the sockets filled with gems with no trade/ah/goldcap? Is it gems from badge of honor vendor or is there another option? Also what's the best way to get the gear enchanted? I have enchanting but it will be a while before I have the right ones.
[doublepost=1622141708][/doublepost]
One question about the level 50 bracket.. Do you need to have no SL expansion at all or just a toon that hasn't started the SL questline?

I've been checking out your awesome guides you linked but I still don't see an answer to my question about how to get the gems since we can't buy from AH. Thanks!

Either agi/crit or int/crit from marks or level outland jc for talasites or northerend jc for anything else. Thrallmar/Honor Hold has a pretty cool gem too, think its 3 crit 4 stam, nice for a piece you want to use as both say prot and retri.

Enchant it. no easy way round that.

Either agi/crit or int/crit from marks or level outland jc for talasites or northerend jc for anything else. Thrallmar/Honor Hold has a pretty cool gem too, think its 3 crit 4 stam, nice for a piece you want to use as both say prot and retri.

Enchant it. no easy way round that.

What about mastery? The guide Chops linked mentions it's very strong at level 20. You guys using mastery?

Hey thanks to all you guys for answering my questions. I'm digging into the great guides that Chops linked. Awesome info and very thankful to the time it took to create them for players to use.

Users who are viewing this thread