EU+US Best / Worst Classes?

Arcanist

Veteran
I've been thinking about coming back to F2P for a bit and wanted to ask what you think are the best / average / worst classes at level 20 as of May 2019? I mostly play DPS but I'm curious which healers are strong too.

Haven't played for a couple years so I am starting a fresh account (not really interested in buying the game or getting veteran status at the moment).

This is just of the classes/specs that I played/seen enough of to form an opinion on. All up for debate of course, but should give you a rough snapshot.

Top Tier/FoTM: Resto Shaman, Resto Druid, Balance Druid, Arcane Mage, MM Hunter, Healers in general
Mid Tier/Notable Utility: Outlaw rogue, Arms/Fury Warrior, Ret Pally, Survival Hunter, Shadow Priest, Warlocks (Fear), Frost Mage (slows)
Just no: Enhancement Shaman, Elemental Shaman(just play resto), Tank Specs, Fire Mage, WW Monk(play MW), BM Hunter(play MM), non-outlaw rogue

I've been thinking about coming back to F2P for a bit and wanted to ask what you think are the best / average / worst classes at level 20 as of May 2019? I mostly play DPS but I'm curious which healers are strong too.

Haven't played for a couple years so I am starting a fresh account (not really interested in buying the game or getting veteran status at the moment).

The above list is quite good, though I'd argue a bit about the placement of arcane mages and warriors without enchants. But thats a small quibble.

I will point out that if youre interested in F2P in the long term, druids and shaman are what you might consider "forever meta" as they seem to always have at least one viable spec/role regardless of xpac. They are also the easiest to gear and are less dependent on getting new quest epics than other classes.

I’m new to F2P and still learning so take this with a grain of salt:

What I’ve noticed is that with the 8.1.5 patch, it seems like classes/specs that rely on crit have really good potential with the addition of epic upgrades. Most green quest items give main stats and crit which means you have a really good chance of getting epics with crit in a lot of your slots.

The downside is there are only a few classes/specs that use crit. But who knows, with enough crit it might outweigh haste.

This is just of the classes/specs that I played/seen enough of to form an opinion on. All up for debate of course, but should give you a rough snapshot.

Top Tier/FoTM: Resto Shaman, Resto Druid, Balance Druid, Arcane Mage, MM Hunter, Healers in general
Mid Tier/Notable Utility: Outlaw rogue, Arms/Fury Warrior, Ret Pally, Survival Hunter, Shadow Priest, Warlocks (Fear), Frost Mage (slows)
Just no: Enhancement Shaman, Elemental Shaman(just play resto), Tank Specs, Fire Mage, WW Monk(play MW), BM Hunter(play MM), non-outlaw rogue

Putting BM Hunter in the same tier as Enchance Shaman makes me wanna shoot myself IRL.

Whats up dude. Anything can be viable to some degree but there might be something better, cheers - neonbeboba.

Putting BM Hunter in the same tier as Enchance Shaman makes me wanna shoot myself IRL.
Well yes, the reasons they're not recommended are definitely very different. You shouldn't play BM hunter because MM exists and is very similar and better, not because BM so bad. Enhancement you shouldn't play because it is just bad. Plz don't shoot yourself IRL because of me LMAO

If I would start an F2P account. What is a good class that i can use to soloing pve? Or Explore The world?

I could consider The list for soloing pve or exploring The world?

Or there are better classes for pveing?

Just no: Fire Mage, WW Monk(play MW)

xGj5Z5E7_o.gif

Last edited:
If I would start an F2P account. What is a good class that i can use to soloing pve? Or Explore The world?
Imo hunter.
Disengage with slowfall drink can help you get to hard to reach places. Also travel long distance if you get in the right height to avoid a lot of issues while exploring.
Your pet can tank mobs while you heal it. Especially effective if your pet is in tank spec and you are Beast Mastery.

Other than that. Any healer could do the trick. Healing helps when dealing with Mobs and exploring the world.

so, what spec i have to consider for hunter paladin or druid?
Could i fight against level+10 foes?

Who is better in pvp in your opinion?

Thanks guys for your help!

Imo hunter.
Disengage with slowfall drink can help you get to hard to reach places. Also travel long distance if you get in the right height to avoid a lot of issues while exploring.
Your pet can tank mobs while you heal it. Especially effective if your pet is in tank spec and you are Beast Mastery.

Other than that. Any healer could do the trick. Healing helps when dealing with Mobs and exploring the world.

dont forget the parachute from gnomer
or the dmf cannon

Users who are viewing this thread