Best way to store gold as F2P?

Henjitsu

Hi all, now that dragonflight is out does anyone have a good thing to buy at vendors that also has a decent resale value? i've hit my 1k limit and have purchased most the things I think i can use or need atm, so I need to find a something decent that will help me store gold

Orboreal shard from Broken vendor in the Bazzar. It cost 125g without any rep discounts, but all the reps that COULD discount this item are not doable as f2p.
https://www.wowhead.com/item=178787/orboreal-shard

A funny thing is that if you hit the 1000g cap, you can buy exactly 8 and reset your gold to 0.

Edit: Another item that can be used to store gold is Elixir of tongues from New Dalaran, that one CAN be discounted via Kirin Tor rep (farmable with fishing and cooking dailies from old dalaran or dungeon clearing with rep tabard), thus having a better resell value per item but its cheaper than the orboreal.

You can buy a blueprint at you garrison for 1k, the resale is same (1k). Not sure if it still works. Unfortunately you can only buy one. Maybe there is other stuff with 1:1 resale.

Just a bit late but still reminder: Magnificently-Painted Egg and corresponding lesser eggs are abvailable during Noblegarden event, you can get 1 for 1k and sell gray one for 900g. Or xchange it to friend, including x-fraction and x-realm. Since uniqure, you can hold 1 + 1 gray in bags.
You can drop the item in the corresponding inn.
Atm i dont see real benefits apart from gold deposits (for vet), but maybe you can find better ideas.
ps: i have no clue if it's working for f2p, tried on vet.

Right. And since event gonna expire soon, i see a point to sell some patterns now to get an egg fast and replenish garrison items later
Yep I've been doing it on all my alts. It's been annoying having to run slightly out of the starter towns to drop my egg and loot it to buy another but maybe inns are special zone, which I will test whether i can drop an egg there next alt I go.

Update: Nope, I tried it at Razor Hill Inn but the egg won't drop. Had to run outside to Razor Hill Outskirts before it consented to drop.

Last edited:
I'm actually dumping excess gold into learning the level 2 blueprints for small plots (prof buildings) for shits and giggles after getting my four gold store items above, but after that I'm wondering if I should start investing in Penumbra Thread on the off chance that SL will rotate into level 20 f2p and Lightless Silk Pouch farming becomes de riguer. :thinkW:

Next step is upgrading all heirloom.
I did that first already :PepeLaughW: BoAs all done before I start on the BoPs, then gold store, now the prof blueprints. But after grabbing the eggs, I'll probably revert back to re-getting the mines and fishing shack blueprints before continuing with the profession huts lolz.

Wait, u already upgraded all??
That is expensive
Well not really expensive lolz, I have all of them upgraded through Darkmoon Faire tix for level 1 and for the level 2 armor upgrade I used holiday tokens before so really I only had to buy the necklaces and the polearm from the heirloom vendor and upgrade those. Can't really buy other upgrade tokens with gold after all (gold cap).

(Remember I'm pure f2p so I don't have pants, cloaks or helms to upgrade haha!)

Well not really expensive lolz, I have all of them upgraded through Darkmoon Faire tix for level 1 and for the level 2 armor upgrade I used holiday tokens before so really I only had to buy the necklaces and the polearm from the heirloom vendor and upgrade those. Can't really buy other upgrade tokens with gold after all (gold cap).

(Remember I'm pure f2p so I don't have pants, cloaks or helms to upgrade haha!)
You can buy some for gold, I think it starts off costing 500g each and 750g for some slots, next one upgrade I don’t remember. Been a while since I upgraded mine. (Also pure f2p btw)

You can buy some for gold, I think it starts off costing 500g each and 750g for some slots, next one upgrade I don’t remember. Been a while since I upgraded mine. (Also pure f2p btw)
The 500g/750g tier is the level 1 tier that i mentioned i bought with DMF tix (back when our gold cap was 10g, so those are fully paid for by the time our gold cap was raised) ;) level 2 tier is 1,000g/1,200g. level 3 and above are all >1,000g so irrelevant to us f2ps (I use holiday currency to buy those).

Users who are viewing this thread