EU+US Best way to get Artifact Power?

sti

Legend
So my 101 class is a shadow priest. Once we get out first Golden artifact talent our dps jumps up a bunch. That being said I need my weapon to be level 16 to get it (decent amount of AP for a 101 twink). That being said I've tested 2 methods of getting AP at 101 and believe I've found a very good way. While running Neltharion's Lair on normal I kicked down the chest after 3rd boss and recieved 200 AP. This chest has a 100% spawn chance (not sure the odds of getting an AP item in it) and the dungeon can be completed in <8min with a 101 twink tank and 101 twink dps. You also have a chance of another chest spawning.

Let me know if you found any other good spots to farm AP (muloc farming is slower than the above farming I believe)

Neltharions Lair is by far the fastest way, but gets boring. I'm working on writing an AP guide and how to farm a few spots for the sake of variety. There are always 2 chests in Neltharions lair, so far from my numbers it appears AP is a 55% chance, but I don't have enough data yet.

Other things to keep in mind.

1. How density mob farming spots. This includes the murlocs in Azsuna NE of the Court of Farondis Rep turn in. Highmountain Murloc area as well in the top if you want a scenery change. Another popular farm spot is vyrkul in Stormheim SE of Valdisdall. If you look at your map there are three tiny huts before the bridge, those guys spawn ridiculously fast.

2. Treasure maps, handy notes, whatever you want to use. When you get bored of farming a spot I recommend going around and picking treasure. It won't be as fast, but it can add some sanity back to your sanity bar. There is a total of 7000 potential AP roughly.

3. Eye of Azshara if you want a different dungeon for a change of pace, it appears to always have at least 1 treasure chest.

4. If you have a 110 that is a healer/tank, the satchels of cooperation can have bind on account AP tokens in them. Get stuff for your mine, and pass those bad boys to your twink.

5. Keep on top of your Order Hall missions :p They seem to alternate between the 4 hour AP and 2 hour XP ones. That's 315 AP every 6 hours which isn't a lot (~52 per hour) but it's a nice passive bonus of around 1k per day. That doesn't include the chance at getting the bonus 150 AP from going over 100% success, which increases as you level your followers and unlock their 2nd ability (unsure if we can gear them up, haven't found any of the equipment treasure chests).

Think I've seen 14 different chest spawn locations in Eye of Azshara but I'm not sure if it is always guarenteed to get one.
- 2 near the Arcanists after first boss (1 in a bush and 1 behind a tree)
- 4 on the west coast (1 by a ship surrounded by goblins, 1 under a broken ship, 1 on a ship surrounded by goblins, 1 on the beach surrounded by goblins)
- 1 on the grass north of 3rd boss
- 3 on the murloc beach near 4th boss (1 in the north camp, 1 on a rock, 1 in a pack of murlocs)
- 2 at the entrance to the unused cave (1 underneath the ship, 1 above the ship/rocks)
- 1 inside the unused cave (halfway through) and 1 outside the exit near a tree

Can't believe I forgot to mention that one. My two followers are green, on the slow grind to becoming rare. It looks like it might be possible (though terribly RNG-gated) to get follower equipment. 50 curious coins lets you buy a puzzle that gets you follower equipment once a week. I think this might be the only way. Use the companion app though, makes keeping on top of it easy.

Also, if you have done all the quests, switch your order hall research over so that you get the bonus completion percentage on the first mission each day. It will help with the bonus AP.

Users who are viewing this thread