Best Spec for Lvl 20 BGs in Shadowlands

Wildlands

Grandfathered
Title

Let's also assume all the OP stuff gets nerfed. What will be the top specs?

window.gif

Marksmen hunter looks pretty powerful. It has one shot potential ,and can have crazy range from its mastery. Definitely possible to kill other ranged before they even get close enough to attack you.

Rogue as usual is probably pretty good too. One shots out of stealth as always.

Healers seem powerful as well. Holy paladin hits hard and is unkillable. I assume disc priest is strong as well although I have not messed with it. Restro sham hits unexpectedly hard due to having a +40% damage modifier on lava burst(and other damage spells) so they are worth looking at as well.

Frost DK seems kind of good. They have everything they need by 20, and that chains of ice talent is really juicy. It gives a 214% attack modifier on a ranged slow that scales with mastery. The self healing is weak though so it falls behind some of the other specs in my opinion.

From what I have seen the bracket is pretty forgiving this time around with most specs having something worth playing

holy paladin, even in lower ilvl gear i hit 1k judgements and im not sure why

i honestly hope rogues get indirectly buffed since all the hard hitters are about to lose a lot of damage

edit: i mean... i mean... i think dragons will be OP

Last edited:
Marksmen hunter looks pretty powerful. It has one shot potential ,and can have crazy range from its mastery. Definitely possible to kill other ranged before they even get close enough to attack you.

Rogue as usual is probably pretty good too. One shots out of stealth as always.

Healers seem powerful as well. Holy paladin hits hard and is unkillable. I assume disc priest is strong as well although I have not messed with it. Restro sham hits unexpectedly hard due to having a +40% damage modifier on lava burst(and other damage spells) so they are worth looking at as well.

Frost DK seems kind of good. They have everything they need by 20, and that chains of ice talent is really juicy. It gives a 214% attack modifier on a ranged slow that scales with mastery. The self healing is weak though so it falls behind some of the other specs in my opinion.

From what I have seen the bracket is pretty forgiving this time around with most specs having something worth playing

Shadowpriest is good, MM hunter is good.

Rogue kinda sucks tbh.

Frost dk is annoying to fight, but they mostly are just CCing people with chains and deathgrips. Their dmg is "alright"

Arms Warrior.

MM Hunter.

Ret Paladin.

Unholy DK.

Arcane Mage.

Affliction Warlock.

---

Priests are very squishy. The lack of armor is a problem. But they seem to hit hard and heal for a good bit.

Haven't tested Shaman too much at 20. I imagine Rsham stands out like it did in our PTR tests. Elemental also has some impressive burst possibilities.

Druid is either Balance for some very cheesy burst combos (inconsistent, takes a while to power up, but can one shot) - or Restoration for some very strong healing (as in prior expacs).

Unsure about monks. More testing / seeing them is needed.

Edit for Rogues --- damage isn't as horrible as people seem to be implying. It's passable. The biggest thing going for Rogues is their utility. They have a massive amount of mobility and CC - so pair them with classes that can take advantage of those traits and they're awesome. If a class can kill it in arena (rogues can), then it can probably do really well in BGs if the pilot is skilled enough.

And as far as Demon Hunters go? ... They have a lot of buttons. Lots of buttons. They hit like a Ghost Iron Dragonling, but if you like pressing buttons then try one out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread