EU+US Best Secondary Stat for 29 Fury Warrior?

IDK88

Legend
The title says it all. I'm trying to figure out which enchants to use - Crit, Haste, Versa, or Multi? I looked at the 29 Fury Warrior armories and noticed that they are stacking crit. However, I am planning on using one-handed weapons even though they are not BiS, so I'm wondering whether that would change my stat priority at all.

Thanks for responding! :)

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I ran a heap of tests (at level 20 as I'm Vet status) on the test dummy at Theramore, and tried heaps of different enchant combos, including many weapon chants. I'd say that at 20 it wouldn't be that far off how 29's would perform, although I know 2ndry stats have less of an effect at 29 than 20.
I found both Vers and Haste to be the better performers, and more consistant DPS. In the end, I chose to go with Haste as it seemed to DPS spike more frequently than Vers when running double Crusader. Vers was more consitant DPS, but Haste has some pretty cool DPS bursts every so often, and when they occur in bg's or arena................ it's lights out.
Not sure how Haste would go on single handed weapons though, Crit or Vers may perform better given you already have a faster weapon speed. You probably have less to gain from Haste with single handed weapons.
To compensate for not using Crit or Vers chants, I tried to increase Crit via gear, by missing out on some Str and possibly Stam for the sake of extra Crit. I do feel you need a healthy amount of Crit also.
Anyhow, hope this is of some assistance.

Thanks for the responses!

Nice testing icehawk. Thanks for posting that here. It definitely helps. Interesting that you found Versa and Haste to be the best stats because it seems like Fury Warriors in the 20-29 bracket stack crit. Also, after starting to level my twink, I noticed the advantages of stacking crit for Fury Warriors, which is why I find it interesting that your tests found Versa and Haste to be the best stats. If you read the tooltips for Bloodthirst and Enrage, stacking crit looks useful as it seems you could be able to get Enrage to 100% uptime. However, haste also has something going for it with Headlong Rush, as reducing the cooldown of Bloodthirst seems really beneficial.

I do feel you need a healthy amount of Crit also.

I agree with this. Seems like a mix of Crit and Haste or Crit and Versa is the way to go. I might end up testing myself after getting my twink to 29 and gearing her up.

Thanks again for the info/testing! :)

However, haste also has something going for it with Headlong Rush, as reducing the cooldown of Bloodthirst seems really beneficial.
I did also test a 'super' Haste set - lol. Managed to get Haste to 44%, but at the expense of Stam, Crit and Str, and the CD for Bloodthirst dropped to about 3.1 secs at lvl 20 if I remember correctly. Though you don't hit as hard, you hit more frequently. I prefer that for PvP, and with the double charge, you can close the gap and get several attacks out before they try and kite you. Suits my style of play, but many prefer the bigger, slower hits for PvP. Both have pro's and con's.
Good luck with your Fury Warrior. Fury is enjoyable, just gotta watch them damn range classes that can kite :mad:

However, haste also has something going for it with Headlong Rush, as reducing the cooldown of Bloodthirst seems really beneficial.

And with more bloodthirsts u will have more procs of wild-strike, which means higher burst. Also, as fury u can get more crusader procs with weapon stacking than arms/ret, so it does not matter that much, if u loose few str points in favor of haste. It could be even worth getting leather/cloth int/agi items with haste, since u will have 2 or more crusader procs most of the time.

Haste is by far the best
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=23881/bloodthirst already has a 40% increased crit chance, and you should have around 10-15% crit anyways so it procs Enrage quite often even without stacking crit. With haste this is reduced down to like 3.5 second CD, which will allow you to keep Enrage up just about all the time, and give you massive rage regeneration to spam Wild Strike (which is where your damage comes from)

Ok, looks like haste it is. I was planning on stacking haste, but I came to the forums first because I was given pause when the few armories for Fury Warriors that I was able to find on here were stacking crit. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread