EU+US Best lvl20 hunter pets?

Peltzer

Grandfathered
Currently for my BM spec I use Corehound and Chimera

Was wondering what other people recommend for Survival spec

edit: also was wondering if it's worth changing the spec on any pets, or to just leave them as they came

Last edited:
I would get a carrion bird for mortal wounds (reduced healing debuff), which is great overall. Chimera is good in cases you don't need to mortal wounds for that extra anti stealth purpose. Other than that, it's basically getting whatever pet that provides the buffs needed.

You should have a diverse repertoire of pets, in my opinion.

Definitely look into getting a moth!

As a healer, I can tell you - I rate hunters that battle resurrect me as 10/10, even if they're AFK the rest of the Battleground.

(I've never once been battle rez'd by a hunter).

Bop

You should have a diverse repertoire of pets, in my opinion.

Definitely look into getting a moth!

As a healer, I can tell you - I rate hunters that battle resurrect me as 10/10, even if they're AFK the rest of the Battleground.

(I've never once been battle rez'd by a hunter).

Bop
dayum bop thanks for the tip

I'm thinking having the following:

-Corehound (raid haste buff)
-Chimera (anti-stealth AoE)
-Spider (ranged snare)
-Scorpid (mortal wound debuff)

Would it be wise to spec all of these pets to Cunning? I don't see a point in having them specc'd ferocity in PvP since the regular res is so quick to cast anyways vs Heart of the Phoenix.

I'm thinking having the following:

-Corehound (raid haste buff)
-Chimera (anti-stealth AoE)
-Spider (ranged snare)
-Scorpid (mortal wound debuff)

Would it be wise to spec all of these pets to Cunning? I don't see a point in having them specc'd ferocity in PvP since the regular res is so quick to cast anyways vs Heart of the Phoenix.

Do you plan on playing Survival, or a ranged hunter?

Survival relies on having its pet not in CC, since Flanking Strike requires both the pet and the hunter to be on the same target to maximize damage. Cunning makes the most sense because Bullheaded is an auto-trinket for your pet.

I could see an argument for using Tenacity for a ranged pet, since you can lose a lot of utility and damage if the pet dies, and it's likely that your target (if melee) will be focusing them over you.

Cunning is almost always going to be the best choice, though.

Do you plan on playing Survival, or a ranged hunter?

I mostly play BM, but lately I've been playing Survival as well.

As a BM I'd use:
-Corehound
-Chimera

As a Surv I'd use:
-Spider
-Scorpid

Thanks for the advice, I think I will change my spider to tenacity. That does make sense. The rest cunning.

Users who are viewing this thread