Best Level to farm in the open world and solo dungeons?

Hi all, i recently started playing again!
The reason i necro this 2 years old thread is because i need to ask this question again: What is currently the best level and class to solo dungeons and farm spots?
Level 10 Druid? Level 20? Demon Hunter? Again i'm not sure what content would be best to solo and with which class and level, but as always i don't care about PvP, only PvE farming for gold.

Thanks as always for any advice!

Meta is still Lvl 10 MW Monk w/ Lifesteal. At Level 20, Veng DH and Prot Pally are the strongest/highest DPS tanks. Farm spots have not changed. BM hunter also has beast cleave now and access to Exotic pets so they are also a good Solo/Farming class

Meta is still Lvl 10 MW Monk w/ Lifesteal. At Level 20, Veng DH and Prot Pally are the strongest/highest DPS tanks. Farm spots have not changed. BM hunter also has beast cleave now and access to Exotic pets so they are also a good Solo/Farming class
Thank you so much!
Would you suggest lvl 10 or 20 for PvE farming purposes? Also can you give me a quick reminder of the most recent farming spots? (for gold making or farming mats mostly)

Could all change come patch day, tho. Or at least Dragonflight....

Used to be there were certain levels that were key, like the first talent at 15 could be huge.... now it's talents every level so any level could be the optimal one for your class, spec, or style of play. But every level you go up, so does mob health.

10 was rather difficult on a prot pally on beta in slag mines. That's very specific, but that's all I tested...

At one point i soloed through the first boss of a TBC dungeon on a ret pally at 29, and that should be more difficult. Inflated ilvl and possibly incorrect enemy health may have contributed, I really dont know. At 15 prot pally seemed to do fine. Soloed ramparts which has annoying mobs and many adds if you screw up... slower than live but solid.

I would say look for a talent or ability you feel you cant do without and start there. No need to fall under a specific level.

edit- other than getting access. 15 was also a point of access to more dungeons. Not clear yet how that's going to play out.

edit2- but..... if you're just farming gold then do it at 60 or 70. Not really much use in doing it slow on a 10-20.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread