US Best Healer / DPS for f2p accs?

Exalted

Veteran
So...it seems like there's a lot of antiquated info out here..and it seems like a lot has changed since I last played..so I'm wondering:

What is the most capable healer and dps as an f2p acc? I mean, a real f2p acc..no weird stuff involved from when you played on an active acc, etc..just a pure f2p..like, you just installed wow, made an f2p acc, and gathered gear through bgs or dungeons. (Also, any tips/tricks to getting items that are OP, but still attainable?)

Right now, it's looking like an arcane mage is on a different level than the rest of what I've tried..to the tune of about 2x the damage output.

Healing..seems a little more cloudy. Holy paladin or my mistweaver monk seem to perform pretty well so far..I'll usually top charts..but then I'll see a (presumably) twink double my healing with a resto shaman..which makes me wonder.

Also..itemization? What to stack on your most capable dps / healer picks?

Anyway, let's hear you guys weigh in. Most capable healer / dps? What are you most likely to top the charts with?

Resto shaman is probably the strongest f2p class right now. Resto druid isn't far behind.

DPS is a little hamstrung by a lack of enchants but marks hunter is really strong re: cc, mobility and damage (and an availability of really strong gear without crafting/ah) and you can have a lot of fun playing a CC rogue if you're not too concerned about topping charts.

Really, resto shaman? What 1 talent do you use? 3 casts = 50% more heal? Maybe I'll have to give him a shot. Playstyle? Just spam the quick heal and the hot?

I tried resto druid before, not since coming back..seemed really weak, I think due to not being able to throw more than 1 lifesprig or whatever it is? Never seemed to come close to topping charts..but maybe I'll try it again.

I don't mind mage..it's fun. What stats should I stack? I just want to top charts haha

Really, resto shaman? What 1 talent do you use? 3 casts = 50% more heal? Maybe I'll have to give him a shot. Playstyle? Just spam the quick heal and the hot?

I tried resto druid before, not since coming back..seemed really weak, I think due to not being able to throw more than 1 lifesprig or whatever it is? Never seemed to come close to topping charts..but maybe I'll try it again.

I don't mind mage..it's fun. What stats should I stack? I just want to top charts haha
Mage stats can vary. In general you stack vers and int and the choose between haste or crit for mixed stat items. Crit is good for arcane blast, haste is good for getting dmg out fast on melee attackers

Shaman talent 1 is unleash life. And yeah you just wanna spam healing surge mostly with unleash and riptide and totem on cd. Your interrupt is huge in team fights so a mouseover macro of some sorts can help you do that while focusing on healing the fight

Personally on my resto, I feel like I don’t have the haste I need to heal comparative numbers to my shaman. Swiftmend is a big dick instant heal great for FC’g though

Conveniently both are pretty easy to gear, esp if you're horde. It's a matter of getting the fang/slither set, then shoulders and helm from the kromgar quartmaster and wolf bracers from ratchet. Grab the discontinuers hammer and the orb of tarren mill (druid) and stockades shield (shaman). Mostly, the only thing youll have to grind is a neck from random dungeons because bis rings are the wsg pvp ring and a blue ring from the BG crates. You'll upgrade your weapons from those too.

The only bad news is that epic foamspittle is bis for a f2p druid. Which is a tedious grind. But if you get everything else set up, it's a good "between ques" activity

Restoration Shaman is almost always going to be better than rdruid

So...it seems like there's a lot of antiquated info out here..and it seems like a lot has changed since I last played..so I'm wondering:

What is the most capable healer and dps as an f2p acc? I mean, a real f2p acc..no weird stuff involved from when you played on an active acc, etc..just a pure f2p..like, you just installed wow, made an f2p acc, and gathered gear through bgs or dungeons. (Also, any tips/tricks to getting items that are OP, but still attainable?)

Right now, it's looking like an arcane mage is on a different level than the rest of what I've tried..to the tune of about 2x the damage output.

Healing..seems a little more cloudy. Holy paladin or my mistweaver monk seem to perform pretty well so far..I'll usually top charts..but then I'll see a (presumably) twink double my healing with a resto shaman..which makes me wonder.

Also..itemization? What to stack on your most capable dps / healer picks?

Anyway, let's hear you guys weigh in. Most capable healer / dps? What are you most likely to top the charts with?

SHAMWOW

How do we get these lacquered trinkets? possible on f2p?
they're rewards from a new thing called "party sync" and yes they're achievable. It's a bit of a process to explain but there's a guide floating around somewhere.

In short, get grouped with someone and hit the party sync button in your quest menu. This lets you redo quests you've already done. Each redone quest has a chance to reward a chest, each chest has a (low) chance to reward a trinket. You can only replay each quest for a chest once every 24 hours.

Well, resto shaman is pretty broken. Can't say I've ever gotten 85k healing on any other healer..or even 50k. Shaman definitely wins. I did the krom'gar crap..why are those bis? do you still get more stats inside bgs for ilvl?

Damn..those trinkets sound..impossible. Doh.

why are those bis? do you still get more stats inside bgs for ilvl?

Damn..those trinkets sound..impossible. Doh.

Your gear doesn’t change at all in bgs(enchants do scale a little higher), it’s all about how good the item is itemized with stats. The Kromgar gear is pretty good if you compare it to other options. And extremely accessible to any brand new character

You’ll probably get best use out of the helm or shoulders as ftp. The 8int bracers are good for glass cannon. The 5crit ones are a good holdover until you get BG crate wrists and if couldn’t buy Wolf Bracers for whatever reason

for the trinkets it may be best to limit yourself to only replaying 1-2 zones a day (24 hour CD per quest. Not based on daily resets but based on actual time + 24hour. As long as you do your 1-2 easy zone every day (durotar and ghostlands are great for horde) you will get your 2x vers and 2x crit trinkets. The difference in numbers is not large enough to justify doing more than 1-2 easy quest zones a day imo

Last edited:
I did the krom'gar crap..why are those bis?
the shoulders rule because they're high mainstat. You'll notice that you lose a lot of secondary stats when you enter a bg, right? And since you're F2P, not vet, there's not a lot of opportunities to stack those secondaries to compensate. So focusing on primary stats is usually the best call. And those 8/9 shoulders are awesome.

The vers helm is really good because there aren't any good helm choices outside of really lucking out and getting epic quest rewards or farming up a feathered headdress for a more glass cannon approach. You could go for the crit eye patch from stockades too but I prefer vers. ymmv.

As for the trinkets, do what zazzy said. Just farm a couple quick zones a day. Don't get discouraged. At most it'll take you a couple weeks to get both the crit trinkets and the vers trinkets. But given the lack of other good options in those slots, it's time well spent.

F2P is a lot of fun but it is a grind. I've been working on my Druid off and on for years now and I'm still short a couple pieces. Settle in for the long haul :)

F2P is a lot of fun but it is a grind. I've been working on my Druid off and on for years now and I'm still short a couple pieces. Settle in for the long haul :)

yea to max out its definitely a grind, but u can run some dungeons do some quests and get bg reward crates, and be pretty close in stats to the maxed out f2p's, you can make a f2p that can hold up and be effective in bg's in a couple of days.

do you still get more stats inside bgs for ilvl?
No, they removed that a while ago, now back to actual stats
[doublepost=1583761454,1583761074][/doublepost]also dont cash in any quest's that give green gear or higher until u hit lvl 20, cause the gear will scale to ur lvl when u cash it in, especially the dungeon quests

Listen to these guys don't do like 5-6 zones a day every day like I did, I have PTSD and have yet to return to party sync to farm my second carving...

You guys are doing entire zones in psync? Holy cow.

It doesn't matter which quest you redo, so I just redid the level 1 baby areas, where the quests consist of "Kill 4 scorpids" and "Give this package to someone". Got an LC + a BC in no time. Don't redo the tedious ones!

The starting areas for orcs and human are ideal for this. I'll do the lap around Northshire Abbey and call it a day if I don't get an LC.

Users who are viewing this thread