EU+US Best Gems for Arcane Mage?

Use mastery for hard content where you will run into mana issues like draenor raids.
Versatility for overall performance.
And haste for faster polymorphs like Veechard prefers.

Use mastery for hard content where you will run into mana issues like draenor raids.
Versatility for overall performance.
And haste for faster polymorphs like Veechard prefers.

After a lot of playing I've come to realize 80% haste is perfect, any extra gem slots open after getting that should be used for crit to get to roughly 25-30% crit and the rest mastery. Vers is nice, but weighs almost the same as mastery. You will find a lot of mastery can go a long way especially if you are 4 Arcane charge Arcane blast spamming. Which is what you will tend to be doing

After a lot of playing I've come to realize 80% haste is perfect, any extra gem slots open after getting that should be used for crit to get to roughly 25-30% crit and the rest mastery. Vers is nice, but weighs almost the same as mastery. You will find a lot of mastery can go a long way especially if you are 4 Arcane charge Arcane blast spamming. Which is what you will tend to be doing
Thank you! im sitting at 57% mastery, 56% haste, and 39% crit no gems only some enchants

After a lot of playing I've come to realize 80% haste is perfect
Just no. You have way too much and you know it. I already explained to you everything you need to know.

You are talking about overall performance for your char and gear and as I said before, haste is by a mile your worst stat.
302 Versatility Rating
9158 Haste Rating
=> Only the dps component of versatility is ~ twice as strong as haste with those ratings.
30sec ST: 1.26 Vers - 0.81 Haste
30sec 4T: 1.26 Vers - 0.64 Haste
120sec ST: 1.31 Vers - 0.65 Haste

You still haven't played any hard content yet where 2nd stats matter. If you would, you would max. mastery and or versatility (depending on mana) and then keep haste and crit ratings close together.

Vers is nice, but weighs almost the same as mastery.
No again. For pure dps without mana issues crit and versatility are atm (your current gear) way stronger than mastery and haste. You can't compare 2nd stats without having all the four ratings.

Take home message: The more rating you have of one 2nd stat, the weaker it gets in comparison to the other three 2nd stats.

Just no. You have way too much and you know it. I already explained to you everything you need to know.

You are talking about overall performance for your char and gear and as I said before, haste is by a mile your worst stat.
302 Versatility Rating
9158 Haste Rating
=> Only the dps component of versatility is ~ twice as strong as haste with those ratings.

You still haven't played any hard content yet where 2nd stats matter. If you would, you would max. mastery and or versatility (depending on mana) and then keep haste and crit ratings close together.

No again. For pure dps without mana issues crit and versatility are atm (your current gear) way stronger than mastery and haste. You can't compare 2nd stats without having all the four ratings.

Take home message: The more rating you have of one 2nd stat, the weaker it gets in comparison to the other three 2nd stats.

Gold can't buy a brain

302 Versatility Rating
9158 Haste Rating

Im very confused now..?
So can you tell me what is should up?

Crit: 39%
haste: 62%
Mastery: 56%
Versatility: 8% (i know very low)

- Thanks in advance

Im very confused now..?
I went with
Max mastery > Versatility > Rest doesn't matter

2 reasons why I did that.
a) I had started soloing Draenor Raids and ran into massive mana problems. Mastery is the way to prevent that. You can't use arcane barrage the way a 110 can with a healer in its back + 2 legendaries + set bonus to get mana back. And without having DoTs which will keep on healing through leech during low casttime dps you will die if you don't spam arcane blast with 4 stacks for as long as possible.
b) Best instant burst for world pvp with presence of mind.

But it all depends on what you are doing with your twink and what is the most important content for you.

If you don't know yet going versatility is never wrong on a twink because you will normally play alone (or without a healer) a lot and profit more from the defensive components.

I went with
Max mastery > Versatility > Rest doesn't matter

2 reasons why I did that.
a) I had started soloing Draenor Raids and ran into massive mana problems. Mastery is the way to prevent that. You can't use arcane barrage the way a 110 can with a healer in its back + 2 legendaries + set bonus to get mana back. And without having DoTs which will keep on healing through leech during low casttime dps you will die if you don't spam arcane blast with 4 stacks for as long as possible.
b) Best instant burst for world pvp with presence of mind.

But it all depends on what you are doing with your twink and what is the most important content for you.

If you don't know yet going versatility is never wrong on a twink because you will normally play alone (or without a healer) a lot and profit more from the defensive components.

Sounds like a leech issue, not a mana issue.

Users who are viewing this thread