Dismiss Notice
Hey Mr. Anonymous! Now you can post here as a guest without registering on the website! Enjoy ^.^

EU+US Best classes for specific roles at 79?

Discussion in 'Level 70-79' started by Odal, Nov 25, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Odal

Odal Member

I'm curious about what other people think are the good classes in this bracket. I've been roflstomping dps with my Frost DK 304 Ilvl, but I can't help but wonder if it's the Ilevel carrying my damage. I think some other classes properly geared and played could potentially outperform Frost DK. Obviously class composition in any given BG will make a difference. So this has been my experience - Top damaging classes at 79 are (in no particular order):

Arms Warrior
    Ret Paladin
    Shadow Priest
    Frost DK
    (Edit - I want to add, I've seen some pretty good hunters too. I think they were survival.)

Also one of my favorite pastimes has been flag carrying, but being that there are a lot of BGs which don't need a flag carrier, I'm curious what class you all think is best at flag carrying without feeling completely useless in other BGs. My guess would be prot warrior, but I'm not sure. None of them seem particularly annoying or tough to deal with on my DK.

I also have a soft spot for healing (particularly old school paladin healing), but I will admit it doesn't feel the same since they changed the different healing models to being more streamlined. I really miss the weak, fast, efficient heals of the Flash of Light of old. I feel like all healers are about the same in performing their roles, but I'm sure I could be wrong. Anyone think a specific class sticks out?

2. Chey

Chey Veteran

you want top healing, you want to top damage, you want to flag carry but still be awesome in non FC BGs? Hmmm.... ok you currently have a DK already geared? Hmmm.... ...... nope sorry I haven't got a "BLOODy clue! Sorry but good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. OP
    Odal

Odal Member

No that’s not what I asked at all.

4. Chey

Chey Veteran

all iam hearing from you is " I bring a machine gun to a knife fight" "What other types of machine guns will be good?"
    ..... it doesn't mater..... you have a machine gun..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. OP
    Odal

Odal Member

It’s fine that you think it doesn’t matter. I’m still seeking the answer.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 5, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 25, 2017 ---
    Well, looks like there's not much interest. I'll have to do the research myself. Since this post, I've got a prot warrior to 304 ilvl and I gotta say it's pretty fun. I'm usually pretty high in damage and pretty high in healing (ignore pain has to count towards this, otherwise it makes no sense). I have topped damage a few times, but if any of the dps mentioned in my first post are in there, they usually are higher damage.

Usually takes 2 good dps or 3 or more others to take me down. Most frustrating part is trying to get the flag over my allies, but I do love the stun charges, pummel, and I even went panda for another way to annoy healers. I don't feel as influential as my DK, but definitely strong and with a healer, I just don't die and can peel for days.

6. Jabz

Jabz Member

I topped dmg and topped heals and carried flag ....I am a blood dk :)

7. Blackberryy

Blackberryy 70 Coordinator 70s Coordinator

your level and ilvl is what is carrying your damage

8. Jabz

Jabz Member

Thats a definition of a twink ;)

9. OP
    Odal

Odal Member

Yeah, that's the point.
    I tried blood, didn't care for it much, but I'm sure it works well.

10. Rubicante

Rubicante Veteran

11. Blackberryy

Blackberryy 70 Coordinator 70s Coordinator

never argued that, he asked the question, I answered

12. Chey

Chey Veteran

This is my entire point, with your level and ilvl it dose not matter what you play. The gap a 78-79 Twink creates compared to 70s and levelers is massive.

Hence the machine gun to a knife fight analogy. You will destroy everyone else no matter what you play, there just is not enough 79s to make it competitive.

This entire thread is pointless, all it is discussing is what you like to play the most, well that's up to you. No one can tell you what you enjoy playing the most.

I have no problem with 79s I have a few in my guild, if that's what you enjoy then play it.

13. OP
    Odal

Odal Member

I may try this next. Get a healing spec and if enhance ever looks interesting in the future I have that too.
    You don't have to reply.

14. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Member

Affliction lock could be nice but wouldn’t be a great fc but could prob top damage and healing

15. Jabz

Jabz Member

I kill it on my WW monk but tbh you need to know how to play the spec to do good dmg its not like faceroll classes eg dks , warr and surv huntards

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fez

Fez Grandfathered

Realistically anything in this bracket can be a good FC if you're familiar with the class. Half the time the enemy team doesn't even look your way when you're carrying the flag.

That being said, disc priests can be good at fc'ing. Feral druids can be good. Ele shaman can be good, but ramp up time on maelstrom is slow without being higher level. Haven't really seen a pally carrying the flag. Protein warriors have lots of cd's but rely heavily on team play. Dk's go without saying.

My personal go to favorite of the bracket is Enhance Shaman. Lots of control and slight self healing and ghost wolf. Damage output is insane if you know how to play it. Not mention it's extremely fun to play.

Just my 2/5 of a nickel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. OP
    Odal

Odal Member

I think you helped me seal the deal on making shaman my next one. In my earlier wow days I used to be all for casting dps classes and specs, but these days it seems the pendulum has gone completely the other way, I love melee and have little patience for casting atm. I’ll probably try enhance first and ele second with healing always being a solid backup. These new secondary resources are so strange to me though…

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)