Dismiss Notice
Hey Mr. Anonymous! Now you can post here as a guest without registering on the website! Enjoy ^.^

Battle for Azeroth

Discussion in 'General WoW' started by Trialmop, Dec 26, 2017.

Share This Page

Will Battle for Azeroth revive low level pvp

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. Trialmop

Trialmop Arena Ladder Coordinator Arena Ladder Coordinator

Hey I am curious to see if Battle for Azeroth can pull a Warlords of Draenor for low levels.

For those that may not been there or remember I will give a small backstory to the most eventful twink xpac.

5.4 was here rogues warriors and hunters were oneshoting, even without enchants.
    Battle fatigue had made it near impossible for fcs to stall a battleground so games were very fast pace and very unforgiving to mistakes.

Although 5.4 was somewhat fun it would eventually burn alot of people out. A 8 month drought of content cause the game to feel stale. Many of the premades were torn over what classes and compositions ahoukd be allowed. Around july/june the wargame system was deactivated.
    While people could bg many did not like the fact a nightstalker ambush could end any healer life and pull a fc with stacks so easily. Many players left the game.

This drought was the beginning of the greatest organizations and events taking place. With pugs/random battlegrounds popularity being down community leaders knew they would have to draw players in to the brackets themselves. The 19 leaders had been plotting for probably the most well known twink cup in history. The practice games had multi streams on aevetal occasions. The NWL had pumped put tons of arena and battleground games every week. This hard work payed off great, players started qing regularly and common games grew popular again. Tons of guilds formed in wod and existing ones grew larger. The rest is history, this event even brought EU guild GSC all the way over to the US. People do not know how axtive GSC was in cata 20_24 bracket helping alliance F2Ps take on aggramar and the horde 24s, call to arms use to be amazing.

The F2P Championship took place with rank one gladiators commentary. Some of the most well known teams and players from every bracket competed. Then lets not forget two world pvp events took place. The battle for southshore 2 was huge. 10 v 10 premades were on fire you could catch one ever other day in 20s or 19s. This is not to mention with the introduction of skirmishes brackets were going crazy. Players that had maxed out tibea had new reasons to make many bew alts. With the lader many did not want to lose there rank so they had 3_4 of the same class to play ladder. Then they had alts for messing around and sniping people. Wod and the community made bleeding hollow insane. This realm would get so packed you could not see the auction house and barely send mail.

Warlords of Draenor was a legendary expansion.

With all this said do you guys believe Battle for Azeroth will have a similar impact? Why yes or why not.

2. Zelpher

Zelpher Chi,Raq TeT

Yowza will tell you another story.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2017 ---
    Don't worry though, I'm still here as a curse to the people who jacked our shit. =D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Embu

Embu French Moderator Moderator Senior Coordinator Amateur Esports Asso

Except the few quests / items we gonna have at lvl20, BfA doesn't bring a lot of attractive content.

So if there's not attractive content I see badly how this expansion would bring back people and create more PvP activity.

However although Blizzard doesn't help us at all, as you said the community started to create events that would have probably not seen the day if there had not been the WoD changes.

So in the end if these events use to be created that's pretty positive. It shows that despite what Blizzard does we're stil here.

I hope 2018 will proove a new time that the twink community is not ready to give up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

legion activity > wod activity

? ?

bfa like wod?? rofl wod was the worst one ur bad and everyone u thought was good is also bad

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and ur poll is dumb

"will it revive low lvl pvp" lul it has been active asf what u live under a rock ??

both low lvl brackets have been way more active than wod and partly due to the merge but at the end of the day facts are facts

6. OP
    Trialmop

Great points, I can imagine plauers will return to test things as usual so that will be the time to put a lot of effort into events.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2017 ---
    Lvl 19 and the F2P bracket never relied solely upon revelers as they both were seperate for majority of the time. While the merge has the bracket active the community is not. In short the competitive pvp scene has taken a huge hit.

7. artonkn

artonkn add my skype bangers

youre dumb and bad

8. Jabz

Jabz Member

I think those new races will force the F2P to P2P for a while since they gonnna be available for 20 onwards.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. SPQR

SPQR Swap Logs ?! Highway To Hell

not unless they turn prestige on at low levels for those who decide roll with pvp on.

10. Allybeboba

Allybeboba ...

The lack of the prestige system is why we don’t play lowbies as much this expac, to be perfectly honest. Once we max out Prestige levels on our end game toons we will play my lowbies more.

11. OP
    Trialmop

I wonder if those races would become locked characters on a vet account

12. Taylondor

Taylondor Git Gud

Im pretty sure to be able to play any of the allied races, we gotta have BfA expansion, and a certain requirements(Quest chain?)
    And then it will appear on character select screen

From what i heard

13. Purj

Purj The Last Alliance Twink

I just want to know ALL the racials... and if I can pay for a race change pre-20.

14. Jabz

Jabz Member

You must have a 110 on that realm to make an allied race ..and you have to be exalted in some reps to have that race...for those hardcore F2P they gonna be missing out on those new races !

15. OP
    Trialmop

Yeah going to feel like a cata F2P druid watching worgens.

16. Taylondor

Taylondor Git Gud

So When BfA comes out, Legion automatically gets into the Wow battle chest, so any Vets (who didn't buy legion) can sub and play Legion and get a 110

But we would still need BfA xpac to make an allied race right?

17. allied races will be a reward for paying customers. probably insta geared level 20. for it you'll need a 110, bfa xpac, quest and reputation if i remember correctly.