Baron Mount Solo possible?

Louxx

Hi there,
Does the mount drop while farm it solo?

Can someone confirm this drop, without a high lvl within group?

Made already 50+ runs without Seen this mount.

Just ask, before I do more runs…

I am wondering will twink hunting rare mounts viable? I get my 20 in chromie time kill famu in shadowland with other 70's, but can't even loot, nothing... I guess it's no go, and tried to kill the Nok-Karosh, got two shot, lol

I am wondering will twink hunting rare mounts viable? I get my 20 in chromie time kill famu in shadowland with other 70's, but can't even loot, nothing... I guess it's no go, and tried to kill the Nok-Karosh, got two shot, lol
The whole "no loot" thing is somewhat odd. Last time I twinked (pre-scaling, pre-levelsquish) skull mobs would give absolutely no loot. Yet when I went to Tanaan yesterday, the first couple rares did drop loot and Apexis, but after a handful they just stopped dropping anything.

Nok-karosh probably requires a full group. Suppose with dedicated plate tank and healer in good gear it should be doable.

All in all, mount farming in the context of Strat UD or Sethekk (for levels 27+) seems somewhat tedious. I'd probably need around 30 minutes for a single Baron kill.

The whole "no loot" thing is somewhat odd. Last time I twinked (pre-scaling, pre-levelsquish) skull mobs would give absolutely no loot. Yet when I went to Tanaan yesterday, the first couple rares did drop loot and Apexis, but after a handful they just stopped dropping anything.

Nok-karosh probably requires a full group. Suppose with dedicated plate tank and healer in good gear it should be doable.

All in all, mount farming in the context of Strat UD or Sethekk (for levels 27+) seems somewhat tedious. I'd probably need around 30 minutes for a single Baron kill.

I read chromie time is phased by itself, but I saw 70s' in shadowlands, even though the mobs are scaled to be 19 level, so it's all strange
and killing famu can't loot anything, so don't know the "rules" about that, if hunting for mounts is no go then lose lots of viable things to do with twink, given that the BG is no go for 20 :(

It's been done in 40 seconds on a 20 - https://xpoff.com/threads/master-speedrun-thread-submit-here.98854/post-1306540

I respect the ingenuity of out of bounds skips and the work that goes into finding and abusing such glitches.

But it's not for me and I will never take it into account when trying to provide helpful opinions.
if you provide a "helpful" opinion, yet omit what could be helpful information because of personal reasons, you aren't providing a helpful opinion. it's up to the reader as to if they would like to use x glitch in x scenario. if you wanted to provide a helpful opinion, you should provide all information that you can and then the reader would have the prerogative as to if they would like to apply x information you give them.

if you provide a "helpful" opinion, yet omit what could be helpful information because of personal reasons, you aren't providing a helpful opinion. it's up to the reader as to if they would like to use x glitch in x scenario. if you wanted to provide a helpful opinion, you should provide all information that you can and then the reader would have the prerogative as to if they would like to apply x information you give them.
You have a point, of course. That is why I said trying to provide. And failing, according to your post. But that's okay.

Honestly abusing glitches didn't even cross my mind when making my post, so I can't even claim to have omitted it willfully. Although I admit I would have, had I thought of it.

fyi, if you have amazon prime, this month claim your

Big Battle Bear Mount​

Last edited:
You have a point, of course. That is why I said trying to provide. And failing, according to your post. But that's okay.

Honestly abusing glitches didn't even cross my mind when making my post, so I can't even claim to have omitted it willfully. Although I admit I would have, had I thought of it.
wow, this is a first. an actual good faith interaction. i feel bad now lol

It is 100% soloable. It depends on what class you intend to use, it would take 15min+.
RUNEBLADE+ MOUNT IN DROP with pic.

This is done on my prot warrior 20. Just run in and pull whatever tf you want, you wont die unless its the whole room. Not much skipping other than the obvious packs.

So far i have soloed this on: Prot warr (easy), Ret Paladin (mid diff), Prot paladin (easy), Guardian drood (easy), Blood dk (can be high diff if you dont have tank trinkets like parjesh and gossamer for bosses like nerub enkan and Rammstein)

Some classes may need ooze to solo, I can think of classes like rogue and mage DEFINITELY needing ooze. Alot of the mobs have magic resist and stun so mages are 90% fukked here without it. Rogues are just squish and stealth dont work on half the mobs.

Most important for the mount drop is luck, it took around 30-50 or so runs for me, i wasnt counting
WoWScrnShot_120922_135650.jpg

Just a couple of days ago I had it drop on my 20 Fury Warr!

Dual lifestealing enchants on Hellscream 2h heirloom axes -make sure you enchant when they are less than 50 ilvl- and a healthy dose of vers/crit gear -aim for at least 30% vers- gets you by nice and steady just by spamming Whirlwind while self healing + damage from Lifestealing. I have all epic WoD gear but I keep reverting to 61 blues with ver/crit and any leech pieces. Avoid mastery for Fury, it's an almost dead stat.

Lifestealing can be applied to Legion Artifacts but only BEFORE you add relics to them as it can't be applied to weapons higher than ilvl50.

If you can't get lifestealing enchant then I recommend going for the SL gems + epic ilvl87 gear from WoD. You'll find the guides pinned in the forums here. If you're lucky and get the Outland dungeon quest Chest with 3 sockets to proc epic ilvl 87 then you've hit twink lottery as this will allow you to gain the health regen + speed + favored stat on one piece of gear that WILL NOT proc sockets in WoD! Mending enchant can help self healing on epic weapons but does not have a damage component like lifestealing.

Oddly enough I had done strath on my retail character about 600+ times since cata and when I decide to go for the sword for my warrior because I am bored our of my head from farming WoD epics with sockets, it drops from the first time....

If I would start a new toon I would always pick night elf as they can drop combat with racial and help you skip needless trash. And again, the Outland epic dungeon quest chest is almost worth re-rolling characters for and leveling them to 20 just for the epic proc allowing you to socket SL gems. That goes for any class/spec. The OP SL trinkets won't last forever so don't plan around them.

Best advice I can give is to run it like a bot without expecting anything or without thinking about the drop at all. If it drops - it drops, that's it. I find that way of farming to work best for me.

Just a couple of days ago I had it drop on my 20 Fury Warr!

Dual lifestealing enchants on axes -make sure you enchant when they are less than 50 ilvl- and a healthy dose of vers/crit gear -aim for at least 30% vers- gets you by nice and steady just by spamming Whirlwind while self healing + damage from Lifestealing. I have all epic WoD gear but I keep reverting to 61 blues with ver/crit and any leech pieces. Avoid mastery for Fury, it's an almost dead stat.

Lifestealing can be applied to Legion Artifacts but only BEFORE you add relics to them as it can't be applied to weapons higher than ilvl50.

If you can't get lifestealing enchant then I recommend going for the SL gems + epic ilvl87 gear from WoD. You'll find the guides pinned in the forums here. If you're lucky and get the Outland dungeon quest Chest with 3 sockets to proc epic ilvl 87 then you've hit twink lottery as this will allow you to gain the health regen + speed + favored stat on one piece of gear that WILL NOT proc sockets in WoD! Mending enchant can help self healing on epic weapons but does not have a damage component like lifestealing.

Oddly enough I had done strath on my retail character about 600+ times since cata and when I decide to go for the sword for my warrior because I am bored our of my head from farming WoD epics with sockets, it drops from the first time....

If I would start a new toon I would always pick night elf as they can drop combat with racial and help you skip needless trash. And again, the Outland epic dungeon quest chest is almost worth re-rolling characters for and leveling them to 20 just for the epic proc allowing you to socket SL gems. That goes for any class/spec. The OP SL trinkets won't last forever so don't plan around them.

can't get Hellscream 2h heirloom anymore right? don't know why blizzard disable that...
and btw, if it's single 2h weapon, you can enchant both hands? never played warrior before thx

Last edited:
can't get Hellscream 2h heirloom anymore right? don't know why blizzard disable that...
and btw, if it's single 2h weapon, you can enchant both hands? never played warrior before thx
If non heirloom (above ilvl60) you can only use Bfa enchants.
Fury warriors can dual wield 2H weapons so each one can be enchanted.

If non heirloom (above ilvl60) you can only use Bfa enchants.
Fury warriors can dual wield 2H weapons so each one can be enchanted.

I wonder is siphoning is that much worse than lifestealing? since 2 socket heirloom is no longer available, guess I have to settle for 33 ilvl blues if want to use lifestealing

Users who are viewing this thread