Backpeddling and Clicking - Autobad?

What the hell is up with people always thinking that backpeddling and clicking makes you bad. I have been in the 19 twink bracket for...a little after BC came out. I have always clicked and didnt really ever backstrafe. I had good gear but people would always whine about me clicking, which is retarded.

What I guess im trying to say is, what do you guys think of Backpeddling and Clicking?

Backpeddling is just really bad unless theyre literally at .1% health, but clicking can be ok i guess...

some people can click efficiently, true. however, keybindings, when placed CORRECTLY and LEARNED are much better. clicking, though, does not automatically make you bad.

backpedaling is bad, though. backstrafing is not difficult to learn, and its honestly the better way to go.

Turning with the keyboard is bad, end of story.

Ctrlaltwin said:
What the hell is up with people always thinking that backpeddling and clicking makes you bad. I have been in the 19 twink bracket for...a little after BC came out. I have always clicked and didnt really ever backstrafe. I had good gear but people would always whine about me clicking, which is retarded.

What I guess im trying to say is, what do you guys think of Backpeddling and Clicking?

I think that people that backpeddle and click are alot worse and most people do, you gain considerable maneuverability. Clicking slows you down soo much, and back peddling is just fail.

Clicking isn't debilitating, just less efficient than proper key bindings. Keyboard Turning and Backpedaling however... that's just bad since any decent player will run circles around any backpedal-er or through any keyboard turner. Hell, when I find a Keyboard Turner on my Melee-Ranged Burst Hunter, I make a good point to not let them hit me by staying in their rear arc.

Ctrlaltwin said:

thats why you think your good....

you fail

Conrose said:
Clicking isn't debilitating, just less efficient than proper key bindings. Keyboard Turning and Backpedaling however... that's just bad since any decent player will run circles around any backpedal-er or through any keyboard turner. Hell, when I find a Keyboard Turner on my Melee-Ranged Burst Hunter, I make a good point to not let them hit me by staying in their rear arc.

Click is less efficient so it is debilitating

And usually if you are clicking then you are keyboard turning, they usually go hand in hand

Agilitize said:
Click is less efficient so it is debilitating

And usually if you are clicking then you are keyboard turning, they usually go hand in hand

Hehe, I was able to click without keyboard turning for the longest time before I started working on keybinding (Note: keybinding the same key for Human Racia/PvP trinket on all toons saves a lot of frustration). I think the amount of time I spent playing PC Fighter Aircraft Simulators with a mouse and keyboard played a large role in getting it down, so it could just be me.

When I use "Debilitating", I usually think of it as a very extremely severe impairment making one feeble and utterly useless in a given aspect. Clicking is not an extremely severe impairment in my mind (Unless of course, you're playing a mid to end game PvP Rogue who has enough CC, Survivability, Utility and Mobility abilities to fill up half a keyboard, and needs every one of them).

Keyboard turning however, any enemy who sees you are a keyboard turner or a backpedal-er will know they can roflstomp you into oblivion without having to do anything fancy or spectacular... basically just asking for trouble whereas a clicker might go whole games without anyone being the wiser.

Being good means using a connection of both those methods. Working together Clicking, Keybinds, Keyboard and Mouse turning.

You need to see that theres a limit of the ammount of Keybinds on your keyboard, i know theres a lot, but it's a short time before it gets confusing. I will promise you 100% that people who put every single ability on a Keybind, will eventually die because they got mixed up with keybinds.

Keeping the basic more important abilities that you will use almost every fight, on a keybind. Then the more unused abilities, the ones that you will only use once or twice in a game, leave to clicking.

The average player has around 5 base abilities that they use constantly, so i use F,G, Shift-F, Shift-G, and Shirt-Q usually for my healing ability, if im on a healer, or for my PvP trinket. I have other Keybinds, but those are my base ones that work perfectly. I have smooth transfer from stafing with the keyboard to turning with the mouse. Clicking and using keybinds work together aswell.

And hey, even some jumps can be done easier by backpeddaling

Twinkzruz said:
Being good means using a connection of both those methods. Working together Clicking, Keybinds, Keyboard and Mouse turning.

You need to see that theres a limit of the ammount of Keybinds on your keyboard, i know theres a lot, but it's a short time before it gets confusing. I will promise you 100% that people who put every single ability on a Keybind, will eventually die because they got mixed up with keybinds.

Keeping the basic more important abilities that you will use almost every fight, on a keybind. Then the more unused abilities, the ones that you will only use once or twice in a game, leave to clicking.

The average player has around 5 base abilities that they use constantly, so i use F,G, Shift-F, Shift-G, and Shirt-Q usually for my healing ability, if im on a healer, or for my PvP trinket. I have other Keybinds, but those are my base ones that work perfectly. I have smooth transfer from stafing with the keyboard to turning with the mouse. Clicking and using keybinds work together aswell.

And hey, even some jumps can be done easier by backpeddaling

At 19 you will not run out of keys to keybind, rofl.

That's not what i mean.. I mean that you will get to a point where you will start making mistakes because of Keybind jumble

I'd rather make a mistake than have to key board turn and click it.

Users who are viewing this thread