Back into 49s after 9 years

Celiara

Veteran
Hey guys,

I got back into BfA on my main characters after 9 years. I quit at WOTLK when they absolutely destroyed twinks with every tool possible, let me remember you what it was for us, 49'ers when the blizzard's baseball happened:

- XP toggle off matching only against ourselves, which meant at the time 4 hours queue time for bgs (It seems they fixed that eventually)
- *BIG* nerfs on professions. Well, I wouldn't say it was nerfs, just plainly killed that "exploit" we were doing. For exemple, I had max mining WOTLK on my warrior for that juicy +500hp bonus + max skinning for that critical strike. After the nerf, yeah I kept the mining/skinning but I couldn't get any buffs anymore because I was "too low level"
- *BIG* impacts on itemization. For exemple, if there's some veterans here, they put Silvershell leggins over level 49. Same for many core items for many twink classes.

And much more...

Who am I :

My first twink was a rogue named Celiara, on a different realm than my main realm. Needless to say it was a pain in the ass to twink a character with no main haha but eventually it was alright. After 10-15k kills I transferred to my main's server, Frostmane Horde side, where I got in touch with Coalesce Force (CF) guys who were reforming their guild to challenge the alliance dominance of that 49 twink bracket and eventually to become the biggest horde twink guild, maybe the biggest at the time.

A few months after, I made a druid named Tinycake (resto/boomkin) on my main's realm Frostmane, which also got into CF.

After dominating mostly every game of the battlegroup of 49ers (named Reckoning at the time), I felt there was "imbalance" in the forces. The only active alliance twink guild was "Red Dragon Knights" on Shadowsong server + a few other toons here and there. There was also a little twink guild alliance side with a few very good players but most had quit.

So I did what it's called today as "The Great Betrayal".

I made an alliance warrior twink named Ertas, in total secrecy on Shadowsong, got it twinked up with the help of two very genuine people whom would become my main officers eventually.

Once I got to a decent twink setup, I made a guild named "Shadowsong United" - Aka "SSU", on Shadowsong server - Reckoning battlegroup. We tried to recruit many people from Red Dragon Knights but eventually, I realized we were getting nowhere with this strategy. The reason was that RDK people were very bound together and didn't want to leave it. We actually got a few of them but it wasn't our core strategy for recruiting, in all respect.

The day came where we joined both our guilds, SSU and RDK to form a 10 man matchup against CF. They had no fricken idea Ertas (my warrior twink) was one of their top officer in their own guild lmao. We played the match and got into arenas 2v2 against their GM, then I exposed myself on Ventrilo.

O my god you should've seen the drama. Have you ever heard some Australian dude screaming and swearing, yep it was this good. I got kicked from CF and denied access to everything from them, no more friends, no more Ventrilo, no more anything haha! Damn that was good drama.

After this episode, I sex changed and renamed my warrior to female warrior named Slara. I was a bit frustrated with their reaction and the fact that I had no more community to play with horde side, so I made my own. We started recruiting cross-server and in different battlegroups. We had a lot of success with this strategy, many many people transferred to our guild as full twinks. We also had a sponsor system where legitimate "would be twinks" were getting EVERYTHING paid with our bank system. Of course items weren't 80k but that's just inflated price. Let me tell you silvershell leggings at 1000 gold was a lot of gold back in BC/early WOTLK, and we had plenty of them.

This bank system was neat stuff and made our guild the richest twink guild. People had nothing to do with their battleground points so the only conditions when applying on SSU was that they use it to buy pvp gems and put them in the guild bank in a special section. My officers would then take in charge to sell those gems in the AH. Each gems would go for like 200-300g, if I remember correctly, which was a pretty decent amount of money, considering we had a few dozens active people.

Everything fell apart when Blizzard announced the twink nerfs and the xp toggle. At the time, my personal life was also very demanding and made it impossible for me to figure out how to turn it around. The guild died. I believe my officers tried to make it out but too many people had quit and it was the end. Sad end IMO.

So, long story, hope you enjoyed.

Now, 9 years later, back into BfA, I hope we can, maybe, recreate somewhat of a 49 twink community.

---
Celiara (Frostmane, Horde) - Rogue - 44k HK
Tinycake (Frostmane, Horde) - Druid - 20k HK
Slara (Shadowsong, Alliance) - Warrior - 20k HK

Best of luck with your return.

Twinking is at a pretty good time in WoW history (MY OPINION). Many brackets are popular with regular queues against levellers and twinks alike.

Gear choices are at an all time high and Blizzard seems to be making some changes to over-scaled items (Sul'thraz), that should help balance out the classes in brackets.

How's the 49 bracket currently? 1 sided alliance / horde or pretty even?

I'm thinking about server xfer + faction change my warrior since I've got no way to make money alone on Shadowsong alliance side with a 49, unless I buy tokens.

49's are pretty even these days. with community system and quick join its easier to get in a premade and turn the table if the other faction got a win streak
if u want ez mode roll furry warrior , disc preist or boomkin
good games

Hey, welcome back!

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

A shadow from the past! I remember your hunter!

49's are pretty even these days. with community system and quick join its easier to get in a premade and turn the table if the other faction got a win streak
if u want ez mode roll furry warrior , disc preist or boomkin
good games

Thanks for info, still trying to figure out what new gear I need and stuff like that lol.

Users who are viewing this thread