EU+US Azerite Traits

Dannymcbride

Grandfathered
This thread is to help people select the right traits on there gear, sum traits look good but are not that great, this is to save time.
If people could post what traits they have used at 110, on what class and there thoughts, ill try to get a PVE and PVP list going or a Offensive and Defensive list and Class specific traits.
Will edit in Numbers and details as we go on.

• Mage
Arcane,

Frost,

Fire

• Death Knight
  • Paladin
  • Warrior
FURY
  • Reckless Flurry This seems to be the ideal trait with autos hitting harder and reduced CD of recklessness is nice.
  • Pulverizing Blows Raging blow increases rampage damage.
  • Simmering Rage Increases rampage damage. Pretty straightforward.
ARMS

• Priest

• Warlock

• Druid

• Demon Hunter

• Monk

• Hunter

• Rouge

Defensive

Offensive
  • Rezan's Fury - supposedly really good damage at 120. Not sure at 110.
  • Champion of Azeroth - stacking secondary stats. Seems like it will stack up to 4 regularly often with the 1 min buff length. Not sure if its available to us other than the first 280 piece we get...?
  • Incite the Pack and Tradewinds If you want Mastery stat, pairs with allies. Good for if you commonly play with a group (pvp, islands?)
  • Blood Rite proc rate is too low.
  • Thunderous Blast this was nerfed, not sure where it falls now
Thank you to all that helped gather this info.
@necroaqua
@Serjeant

Last edited:
I'm researching fury talents right now. In addition to the shields/heal from the ring3 traits:

I'm not sure about these for fury:

I'm researching fury talents right now. In addition to the shields/heal from the ring3 traits:

I'm not sure about these for fury:

thanks, will add now.
[doublepost=1540956090,1540954617][/doublepost]updated.
[doublepost=1540963991][/doublepost]

Last edited:
Great initiative, I'd suggest making this about azerite traits that have great synergy with legiondaries since that's what 110s are all about.

Great initiative, I'd suggest making this about azerite traits that have great synergy with legiondaries since that's what 110s are all about.

Except for iPvP, completely different setup for a lot of classes and builds.

I'm going to go ahead and add my $0.02 for Havoc Demon Hunters who farm Island Expeditions. 2 x [Eyes of Rage] w/ [Raddon's Cascading Eyes] does very, very well when coupled with Antorus 2 set (40% eye beam damage) and [Blind Fury]

I'm going to go ahead and add my $0.02 for Havoc Demon Hunters who farm Island Expeditions. 2 x [Eyes of Rage] w/ [Raddon's Cascading Eyes] does very, very well when coupled with Antorus 2 set (40% eye beam damage) and [Blind Fury]

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/Dominusnoxus

This is my DH I accidentally leveled up. I seem to really farm expeditions efficiently when in a decent group. You can check out how it goes on my stream, because that's pretty much all I do at 110+. The only problem I've experienced with farming expeditions with my DH is that you will get fucking bullshit blinded by some crabs or something, and then you just die because you can't leech health back from meta.

Other than that, though, I'm pretty sure they are the best for farming it.

This is my DH I accidentally leveled up. I seem to really farm expeditions efficiently when in a decent group. You can check out how it goes on my stream, because that's pretty much all I do at 110+. The only problem I've experienced with farming expeditions with my DH is that you will get fucking bullshit blinded by some crabs or something, and then you just die because you can't leech health back from meta.

I will get a video up eventually on my DH. Basically, I pull as much as I can (limited ability to do so since I don't have double shield azerite traits yet) which can be up to the entire island (!) and then use my stuns as efficiently as possible to start my eye beam spam. I kid you not when I say I hit eye beam, over and over, continuously, until almost everything but a few rare elites are left.

If I know there are some NPCs who cast ranged disorients or stuns then I will save metamorphosis specifically for them, let the rest of the mobs start to cast their aoe/cone abilities, fel rush out of harms way, and continue my eye beam spam.

Works like a charm, kills everything.

But that isn't specific to 110s and there are other ressources for that info

Other than that, though, I'm pretty sure they are the best for farming it.

You'll be fine at 111, BFA gems/enchants/consumable start scaling well there. For exemple, you get +40 stats per gem instead of +11. So it balances out with the slightly worse scaling. Also gives you access to https://www.wowhead.com/item=152634/endless-tincture-of-renewed-combat trinket, although the added (overscaled) survivability isn't absolutely needed for DHs.

Nearly all the stun mechanics are avoidable, except for bears/yeti/stag charges, but you can avoid pulling those. It's a matter of noticing the casting bars/animations among the 300+ mobs on you and moving out in time.

If you want to know what I've learned in nearly 2000 runs to go as fast as possible, hit my DMs :]

Blood Rite is way better than you're giving it credit for. As a rogue, as soon as it procs, I am able to chain kills for the entire duration of an island expedition for a permanent 30% buff to my haste. There is no upper limit to its duration. I keep it on my 300 shoulders and even in battlegrounds, while the proc rate is low mid-game, in the initial clash I get a 30% haste buff that chains for usually over a minute because it *resets from killing blows by other players. Even if I am CC'd, if anyone nearby gets a killing blow, the proc continues.*

Blood Rite is way better than you're giving it credit for. As a rogue, as soon as it procs, I am able to chain kills for the entire duration of an island expedition for a permanent 30% buff to my haste. There is no upper limit to its duration. I keep it on my 300 shoulders and even in battlegrounds, while the proc rate is low mid-game, in the initial clash I get a 30% haste buff that chains for usually over a minute because it *resets from killing blows by other players. Even if I am CC'd, if anyone nearby gets a killing blow, the proc continues.*

That’s the issue is being viable enough to where you don’t need people to follow you and kill when you are stunned. As a mage it can be tough but doable if you take you time and do a bit of kiting after rounding up the island.

That’s the issue is being viable enough to where you don’t need people to follow you and kill when you are stunned. As a mage it can be tough but doable if you take you time and do a bit of kiting after rounding up the island.

I suppose I've just found blood rite worth the risk in PvP. Initial mid-fights often decide the course of a battleground. It's like an extra bloodlust.

As for island expeditions, it might not be the best pick for a determined speed run because of the need to split up the group and round up the island. I'll concede to you there, and blood rite is probably even worse for mages with fewer escape CC's than rogues.

On another note, I just noticed that yours is the mage armory profile that I had bookmarked as my inspirational goalpost for my gearing. Very impressive.

Last edited:
I suppose I've just found it worth the risk in PvP. Initial mid-fights often decide the course of a battleground. It's like an extra bloodlust.

As for island expeditions, it might not be the best pick for a determined speed run because of the need to split up the group and round up the island. I'll concede to you there, and it is probably even worse for mages with fewer escape CC's than rogues.

On another note, I just noticed that yours is the mage armory profile that I had bookmarked as my inspirational goalpost for my gearing. Very impressive.

Right on man. Leech is your best friend for islands and overkill in PvP. That’s why that set isn’t always on my armory page. But at 20% and with that much + specing into nether temptest, as long as I put up tempest before I get stun locked, I’m safe. Also ice block makes doing islands for mages so much more possible. You can round up, Frost nova to proc legendary ring, use plenty CDs then IB, and by the time you break out and blink, your frost nova is off cooldown and you can clean them up. When I’m done gearing my mage, I hope to be able to 1 pull islands, but atm I have to break it up in half

My thoughts on the best traits for druids and Arcane Mage

Arcane Mage:
Outer Traits:
-Galvanizing Spark:
More damage on Arcane Blast + Chance on gaining two Arcane Charges, best overall ST trait
-Explosive Echo:
more Damage on Arcane Explosion + Extra Damage Proc on 3+ Targets, best AOE trait by far
-Arcane Pressure:
high damage increase on Arcane Barrage but only against targets below 35% HP, execution trait, might be good on encounters like Argus, but needs to be tested out, probably even there not worth taking over Galvanizing Spark since our Burnphase lasts long enough at 110 to be a better execution
Inner Traits:
-Cauterizing Blink:
Probably the best inner trait for mages, you decide when you need the heal and it works with shimmer so it has
2 charges
-Resounding Protection or Impassive Visage
-PVP: didnt test PVP on my mage yet
Legendaries:
-Mystic Kilt of the Rune Master:
Best for both Aoe and Singletarget, 3% of Maximum Mana per Arcane Charge spent
-Need to figure out which one is the best second Legendary but probably for dungeons and Isalnds Sephuz, for Raidencounters probably the Timewarp ring

Druid:
(with 8.1 changes which are important to keep in mind for most specs, there are many changed or new traits which will have a huge impact on all druid specs and I can only talk about balance and resto + one guardian build for now)(only tried balance in PVP)

Balance:
-Power of the Moon:
Increased Moonfire initial damage, best Trait for 2+ targets, must be stacked to 3x to be worth it (or 2x combined with Legendary shoulders for now with 3+ targets)(not worth taking in PVP at all since the damage is reduced by 75% against players)
[8.1: Changed to periodical damage increase, probably still the strongest AOE trait but no more moonfirespam, shoulders wont be worth using anymore, bearform+ cape will also loose most value for balance spec, PVP scaling needs to be tested]
-Streaking Stars: High damage during our CA/Incarnation, probably best ST trait right now, incredible in Arena and also nice in BG when your CD is ready, nice synergy with legy ring
[8.1: Unchanged, but wont be stacked to more than 2x ]
-High Noon:
Increased Sunfire initial damage, really good in PVP right now if stacked to 3x , allows high pressure damage while chasing targets and theres no cast to be interrupted (comparably weak in PVE, PotM is stronger there)
[8.1: Also changed to periodical damage increase, unless its scaling is still better in PVP than PotM or the second effect which only increases the radius is changed to something more interesting its probably not worth getting this trait]
-Lively Spirit:
Really strong for raid encounters if you have good healers, might be stronger than Streaking Stars with perfect execution
[8.1: not sure about changes but not worth taking over SS+ the new trait]
-Sunblaze/Arcane Pulsar!: Might be good at 110 in ST but probably weak in comparison to the other choices, still worth getting at least on one piece because:
[8.1 : this trait is replaced by Arcane Pulsar, which grants 6 seconds of CA/Incarnation after casting 9x Starsurge and also increases your Starsurge Damage, having one of those will be definately mandatory for ST and offers more interesting gameplay, great synergy with Streaking Stars ]
-Lunar Shrapnel and Dawning Sun: Comparably weak and probably not worth taking [8.1: unchanged]
Legendaries:
-Fury of Nature:
Strongest Legendary for Dungeons and Islands if used with 3x PotM, incredible AOE damage + 30% Leech on Arcane+Nature Damage [probably much weaker in 8.1 with the PotM changes]
-Sephuz:
Good overall choice
-Impeccable Fel Essence:
Strong choice on Raid encounters combined with 3x Streaking Stars [1x or 2x in 8.1]
-Oneths Intuition:
Not really that strong right now but more interesting gameplay
-Promise of Elune: Good singletarget choice, great Selfheal, best selfheal in World PVP
[-Emerald Dreamcatcher: This Legendary reduces the AsP cost on Starsurge, not interesting right now, but was the best ST choice in Prepatch and will have an obviously strong Synergy with the new arcane Pulsar trait, it has to be tested out whether the best ST build will be 1x Arcane Pulsar + 2x SS or if its worth sacrificing one SS for this legendary]

TLDR: 3x PotM for AOE, 3x Streaking Stars for Burst/Singletarget, probably 1x Arcane Pulsar +2x Streaking Stars for ST in 8.1.

Resto:

Traits:
-Waking Dream: Strong trait to have on one piece but not worth stacking, Yseras gift heals every 4 seconds instead of 5+ extra heal for every Rejuv active, nice synergy with Antorus 2-Set Bonus
[8.1: unchanged]
-Autumn Leaves: Nice Trait for Raidhealing and Manaconservation, more Rejuv healing if its the only HoT on the target
[8.1: the extra healing is reduced but the trait now gives +1second duration to Rejuv, still good for Raidhealing]
-Grove Tending: Strong ST heal, Swiftmend places an extra HoT on the target
-Rampant Growth: Nice throughput with one trait, general consensus is that having more than one of those is bad, however at 110 if combined with Promise of Elune you can put a really insane HoT on two targets which ticks for over 20k without crits
(I tried this setup in an HC twink raid, its not possible to utilize this unless you create a raid setup where the resto druid with this build is assigned exclusively for tank healing and can completely ignore the healt of the rest of the trait, but with perfect execution you theoretically dont need any other healers to keep the tanks up)
[8.1: the trait itself is unchanged but due to a changed PVP talent its possible to place the HoT on all targets of wild growth when its effect is active, interesting for WPVP]
-Lively Spirit: Not worth thinking about at 110 for resto currently
[Innervate now also regenerates Mana during its duration, see TLDR]
-Fungal Essence: Also ST heal, due to no scaling with mastery not worth taking
[-New Trait Early Harvest: Wild Growth provides additional healing if the target needs it, if not the CD of Innervate is reduced by 1 second, see TLDR]

Legendaries:
-Trinket: The legendary healer trinket is the only top-tier legendary for resto that doesnt belong to any azerite slot, best choice at least for raids.
-For the secondary legendary slot Id suggest either the ring which gives your wild growth the chance to also apply Rejuvenation on the target or the waist which has a synergy with photosynthesis.

TLDR: Im using a hybrid build, currently running with 1x Waking Dream, 1x Autumn Leaves and 1x Grove Tending + the legy trinket and the waist in raid encounters, for dungeons or I go for damage traits. In 8.1 using 1x Waking Dream, 1x Lively Spirit and 1xEarly Harvest will be the build Im aiming for.

Guardian:
I dont know much about most guardian traits, but during the Prepatch the cloak + LatC where one of the strongest combos, right now the cloak + 3x PotM offers amazing selfheal and the synergy with galactic guardian is nice as the procs allow your moonfire to crit for over 10k.
[Probably even with the PotM changes this build will offer the strongest selfheal for guardian at 110, but on encounters with huge damage spikes it will probably be better to use another build]

Feral: I dont know enough about feral.

Inner Traits(all specs):
-Resounding Protection and Impassive Visage are both nice, Ursocs Endurance is a little bit stronger than resounding protection and you decide when you gain the shield.
[8.1: Urscocs Endurance seems to be gone, but the new inner trait that works with your chosen affinity looks promising, if not tuned down one of those will be insanely OP at 110]

My thoughts on the best traits for druids and Arcane Mage

Arcane Mage:
Outer Traits:
-Galvanizing Spark:
More damage on Arcane Blast + Chance on gaining two Arcane Charges, best overall ST trait
-Explosive Echo:
more Damage on Arcane Explosion + Extra Damage Proc on 3+ Targets, best AOE trait by far
-Arcane Pressure:
high damage increase on Arcane Barrage but only against targets below 35% HP, execution trait, might be good on encounters like Argus, but needs to be tested out, probably even there not worth taking over Galvanizing Spark since our Burnphase lasts long enough at 110 to be a better execution
Inner Traits:
-Cauterizing Blink:
Probably the best inner trait for mages, you decide when you need the heal and it works with shimmer so it has
2 charges
-Resounding Protection or Impassive Visage
-PVP: didnt test PVP on my mage yet
Legendaries:
-Mystic Kilt of the Rune Master:
Best for both Aoe and Singletarget, 3% of Maximum Mana per Arcane Charge spent
-Need to figure out which one is the best second Legendary but probably for dungeons and Isalnds Sephuz, for Raidencounters probably the Timewarp ring

Druid:
(with 8.1 changes which are important to keep in mind for most specs, there are many changed or new traits which will have a huge impact on all druid specs and I can only talk about balance and resto + one guardian build for now)(only tried balance in PVP)

Balance:
-Power of the Moon:
Increased Moonfire initial damage, best Trait for 2+ targets, must be stacked to 3x to be worth it (or 2x combined with Legendary shoulders for now with 3+ targets)(not worth taking in PVP at all since the damage is reduced by 75% against players)
[8.1: Changed to periodical damage increase, probably still the strongest AOE trait but no more moonfirespam, shoulders wont be worth using anymore, bearform+ cape will also loose most value for balance spec, PVP scaling needs to be tested]
-Streaking Stars: High damage during our CA/Incarnation, probably best ST trait right now, incredible in Arena and also nice in BG when your CD is ready, nice synergy with legy ring
[8.1: Unchanged, but wont be stacked to more than 2x ]
-High Noon:
Increased Sunfire initial damage, really good in PVP right now if stacked to 3x , allows high pressure damage while chasing targets and theres no cast to be interrupted (comparably weak in PVE, PotM is stronger there)
[8.1: Also changed to periodical damage increase, unless its scaling is still better in PVP than PotM or the second effect which only increases the radius is changed to something more interesting its probably not worth getting this trait]
-Lively Spirit:
Really strong for raid encounters if you have good healers, might be stronger than Streaking Stars with perfect execution
[8.1: not sure about changes but not worth taking over SS+ the new trait]
-Sunblaze/Arcane Pulsar!: Might be good at 110 in ST but probably weak in comparison to the other choices, still worth getting at least on one piece because:
[8.1 : this trait is replaced by Arcane Pulsar, which grants 6 seconds of CA/Incarnation after casting 9x Starsurge and also increases your Starsurge Damage, having one of those will be definately mandatory for ST and offers more interesting gameplay, great synergy with Streaking Stars ]
-Lunar Shrapnel and Dawning Sun: Comparably weak and probably not worth taking [8.1: unchanged]
Legendaries:
-Fury of Nature:
Strongest Legendary for Dungeons and Islands if used with 3x PotM, incredible AOE damage + 30% Leech on Arcane+Nature Damage [probably much weaker in 8.1 with the PotM changes]
-Sephuz:
Good overall choice
-Impeccable Fel Essence:
Strong choice on Raid encounters combined with 3x Streaking Stars [1x or 2x in 8.1]
-Oneths Intuition:
Not really that strong right now but more interesting gameplay
-Promise of Elune: Good singletarget choice, great Selfheal, best selfheal in World PVP
[-Emerald Dreamcatcher: This Legendary reduces the AsP cost on Starsurge, not interesting right now, but was the best ST choice in Prepatch and will have an obviously strong Synergy with the new arcane Pulsar trait, it has to be tested out whether the best ST build will be 1x Arcane Pulsar + 2x SS or if its worth sacrificing one SS for this legendary]

TLDR: 3x PotM for AOE, 3x Streaking Stars for Burst/Singletarget, probably 1x Arcane Pulsar +2x Streaking Stars for ST in 8.1.

Resto:

Traits:
-Waking Dream: Strong trait to have on one piece but not worth stacking, Yseras gift heals every 4 seconds instead of 5+ extra heal for every Rejuv active, nice synergy with Antorus 2-Set Bonus
[8.1: unchanged]
-Autumn Leaves: Nice Trait for Raidhealing and Manaconservation, more Rejuv healing if its the only HoT on the target
[8.1: the extra healing is reduced but the trait now gives +1second duration to Rejuv, still good for Raidhealing]
-Grove Tending: Strong ST heal, Swiftmend places an extra HoT on the target
-Rampant Growth: Nice throughput with one trait, general consensus is that having more than one of those is bad, however at 110 if combined with Promise of Elune you can put a really insane HoT on two targets which ticks for over 20k without crits
(I tried this setup in an HC twink raid, its not possible to utilize this unless you create a raid setup where the resto druid with this build is assigned exclusively for tank healing and can completely ignore the healt of the rest of the trait, but with perfect execution you theoretically dont need any other healers to keep the tanks up)
[8.1: the trait itself is unchanged but due to a changed PVP talent its possible to place the HoT on all targets of wild growth when its effect is active, interesting for WPVP]
-Lively Spirit: Not worth thinking about at 110 for resto currently
[Innervate now also regenerates Mana during its duration, see TLDR]
-Fungal Essence: Also ST heal, due to no scaling with mastery not worth taking
[-New Trait Early Harvest: Wild Growth provides additional healing if the target needs it, if not the CD of Innervate is reduced by 1 second, see TLDR]

Legendaries:
-Trinket: The legendary healer trinket is the only top-tier legendary for resto that doesnt belong to any azerite slot, best choice at least for raids.
-For the secondary legendary slot Id suggest either the ring which gives your wild growth the chance to also apply Rejuvenation on the target or the waist which has a synergy with photosynthesis.

TLDR: Im using a hybrid build, currently running with 1x Waking Dream, 1x Autumn Leaves and 1x Grove Tending + the legy trinket and the waist in raid encounters, for dungeons or I go for damage traits. In 8.1 using 1x Waking Dream, 1x Lively Spirit and 1xEarly Harvest will be the build Im aiming for.

Guardian:
I dont know much about most guardian traits, but during the Prepatch the cloak + LatC where one of the strongest combos, right now the cloak + 3x PotM offers amazing selfheal and the synergy with galactic guardian is nice as the procs allow your moonfire to crit for over 10k.
[Probably even with the PotM changes this build will offer the strongest selfheal for guardian at 110, but on encounters with huge damage spikes it will probably be better to use another build]

Feral: I dont know enough about feral.

Inner Traits(all specs):
-Resounding Protection and Impassive Visage are both nice, Ursocs Endurance is a little bit stronger than resounding protection and you decide when you gain the shield.
[8.1: Urscocs Endurance seems to be gone, but the new inner trait that works with your chosen affinity looks promising, if not tuned down one of those will be insanely OP at 110]

I run arcane pressure x2 for pvp, because 1 just doesn’t cut it for pvp. Galvanized spark for 3rd avail slot. As people get more and more geared in 110 bracket, I might swap into x3 pressure.

Also LEGO kilt is nearly useless in raids considering you spam arcane blasts and barrages whole fight never removing your charges, evocating when you are low on mana, and boss should be dead before you go oom again. Can also bring mana pots.

2 best legos for pve are belt for 10% increased damage to missles, which you should use often when not blast spamming during arcane power uptime. And also the time warp ring you mentioned

Last edited:
Will try Arcane Pressure out when I try PVP with my mage, as for the kilt, if you go with 120s its probably true but in a full 110 twink raid bosses wont go down fast enough, unless maybe if only classes with insane burst would be stacked.

Edit for mages inner trait: Theres a new selfheal trait in 8.1 ,which with its current tuning will be far stronger than the others, at least for arcane.

Im trying to make a specific build, but cant find any information on wowhead or google where the following cloth azerite pieces drop, Id appreciate if someone could help:
-Dread Gladiators Silk Raiment( probably airdrop but its not listed there)
-Sirensong Headdress
-Sandspinner Headdress

Theres a new selfheal trait in 8.1

Is anyone on the PTR to see if these new traits are even available on existing 110-119 pieces?

edit- also, are tooltips corrected in instanced PvP? I know its supposed to be like 50% trait values in iPvP but for some reason on my druid the tooltip on his one trait changes, down to 85 damage instead of reading 490 or something like that as it does outside....

edit2- on, nevermind that last part, just saw this:
Power of the Moon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread