Azerite Traits Nerfed in PVP

As people noticed yesterday in chat, all stacking Az Traits have been nerfed in PVP.

"Every portion of Azerite powers that scale with item level have been reduced by 50% in PvP.
  • Developers’ notes: With the advent of new five-ring Azerite armor in Season 2, we’re mindful of the increased potential for stacking and combining traits. Over the course of BfA we’ve also made adjustments to individual Azerite traits, but that creates uncertainty and unpredictability, where unless you’ve followed all our hotfixes you don’t know exactly how a given trait will change when you enter PvP. This aims to replace that uncertainty with a straightforward rule. This change also overwrites all previous reductions to Azerite Traits in PvP that occurred during Season 1, as they will all now have their reduction set to 50% effectiveness. Non-scaling and non-stacking effects are unaffected by this adjustment."
Atleast it becomes a straight forward rule on whats been nerfed...

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1104780-hotfixes-january-22-2019/

I didn't fully understand the "non-scaling and non-stacking" exclusion tho, are things that were already nerfed more than 50% up to 50 now? Some traits were nerfed to oblivion... could be a buff to some classes, actually.

Kinda slips my mind now, but some traits were just worthlessly nerfed when I... cared about later game brackets.

An Example:

Inspiring Vanguard Prot Pally Azerite Power
Grand Crusader's chance is increased to 20% and it grants you 181 Strength for 8 sec.

The 20% is non scaling and non stacking and isn't changed, while the strength does scale with iLVL, and thus the strength is subject to -50% in PvP.

And on previous nerfs, they do say this overwrites ALL season 1 pvp nerfs, so yeah it might very well be a buff.

EDIT: Twitter Dev says it does work that way.
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1087891164873650177

It also could make people reconsider some traits that were nerfed to 50% and thus ruled out as less competitive, as now everything is back to a level playing field.

What does it mean for Blood rite (proc chance 373 haste refresh by killing target) if i have 1 trait do i have 50% haste value? And 2 trait is the whole 373 haste?

Edit ok I had time to test it PvE proc is full 726 and PvP 2 trait is 426 haste which is 58% of the full PvE value? How is the calculation done?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread