Attribute Weight

Muroto

Veteran
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone ran a 49 Warrior through a simulator (if so, which one). Curious to find out the attribute weight distribution, as I do not think the max level weight works for 49.
Currently, using Pawn, the values are as follows:

Strength = 1.61
Crit = 1.53
Haste = 1.89
Versatility = 1.37
Mastery = 1.62

Since Mastery does not become a thing until Level 78, surely that must shift the attribute distribution.

Wondering if there is going to be a noticeable increase in DPS with sacrificing 5-10 points of Strength for 50-80 of secondary attributes.
Here is the link to my armory, if anyone would like to run some simulations:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/arashear

Last edited:
I’m assuming you’re playing fury as arms is straight Garbo at 49.classes at 49 go main stat>vers>haste=crit unless you’re playing something like spriest or fire mage in which their stat priority is different obviously.

49.png
I can't quite explain it, but I've got a crazy hunch that we can trust @dbsprite's judgement about 49s...

ThinkingFace

I’m assuming you’re playing fury as arms is straight Garbo at 49.classes at 49 go main stat>vers>haste=crit unless you’re playing something like spriest or fire mage in which their stat priority is different obviously.

Not sure about Arms, have not touched it. My question still stands. For a Fury Warrior, since you mentioned Strength > Secondary Attributes, how much Haste/Crit/Vers = 1 Strength (the attribute weight). For a max level character (according to Pawn) ~16 Strength is worth ~15 Crit, ~19 Haste (up to a break-point), ~14 Vers and ~16 Mastery (unless I am not understanding it correctly). Since there is no Mastery at 49 to buff Enrage, that might diminish the value of Haste to compress the rotation for diminishing Enrage uptime (since talents are not available) and boost other secondaries, but I am just speculating that. So if anyone ran simulations of 49 Fury, I would like to take a look at it...

Last edited:
2vers=1 AP so 2vers=1str because 1str=1ap

Not sure about haste and crit

Source? I tried looking it up, cannot seem to find it.

From what I found on Reddit forums (link below), though, Blizzard have changed the Attack Power gain from Strength to have a 1:1 relation with Attack Power (i.e. 10 Strength = 10 Attack Power), but again, cannot find any official information on this. I remember it used to be 1 Strength = 2 Attack Power back in the day, not sure about now.

Link to the Reddit article.
[doublepost=1563237253,1563236641][/doublepost]
I don't play 49's but in a land with stacking sader swaps, 5-10 strength aint shit

Have not thought about Crusader weapon swapping! Just tested, yes, you can have 4 stacks of Crusader. This is straight up disgusting! I love it! :p

Typically lower levels don't have attribute weights they can calculate - and simming pvp is very difficult. Generally folks apply some basic logic and test out what feels best to come up with a rough priority.

I'm assuming you'll want less focus on str due to crusader procs. Rest is going to have to be a bit of logic and preference and comparison of the options for that slot.

Any notable weapons/trinkets have first priority. For most of the slots, its going to be whatever gear can be enchanted or has the highest ilvl. Heirloom shoulders can be enchanted, so take those. For legs - it either has to be BoA or BoE for the enchant. Everything else is probably going to prefer an epic proc or dungeon blue that gives the most secondary stat.

For the actual priority...haste scales really well for warriors due to enrage, the cooldown reduction of key abilities, and the fact that it means more crusader procs. Crit is burst, which is key for pvp - and enables you to crit someone down to execute range to finish them off. Verse isn't flashing, but it boosts your damage/heals and tends to be fairly reliable at low levels.

At 39, the most common stat distribution aimed for 20% haste, 10% crit, 10% verse. Some would prefer a crit-heavy build, especially if they had jackhammers which have a huge haste proc. I imagine it would be similar at 49. It ended up being a balance of finding the slots that offered the most secondary stats or highest ilvl and building around those. Lots of going through the dungeon journal to see what the best options are (after doing quests for epics).

Users who are viewing this thread