1. Hello Guest!
    In case you've missed it and haven't seen it yet, please check out our Into The New Era announcement where we outline the new and exciting direction XPOff.com is taking off to!
    Please also review the new rules set into place lest you'll get yourself into trouble!
    Dismiss Notice

EU+US At 20, can I remain relevant without participating in invasions?

Discussion in 'Level 20-29' started by mattqdean, Aug 21, 2016.

1. mattqdean

mattqdean Member

I'll be returning to 20-29 bracket some time next month, long after the invasions cease. I understand that PvP scaling revolves around item level.
    1. Do the invasions give players exclusive, best-in-slot items for PvP?
    2. Would those joining afterwards be at a (significant) disadvantage for not being a part of the pre-patch?
    3. Any good class/spec that is designed to be played at a slower pace - something that is far removed from twitchy, "spam-y" play style?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Ðeath

Ðeath Member

Wouldnt say "significant" as in you cant get up to a resonable ilvl, but legion gear lets you get pieces on higher level that you may not have had obtainable before. For example at 29, if you get a "titanforged" item its ilvl 44, at 20 it would be lvl 35.

3. OP
    mattqdean

mattqdean Member

@Ðeath, thanks for your reply. Few more questions - what is the highest item level obtainable via PvP boxes? Is the gap a (mere) difference of +/- 1 attribute point or would the difference still be fairly noticeable, just not significant?

4. OP
    mattqdean

mattqdean Member

@Cigarette, thanks for reaffirming that my concerns were non-issues!

5. Ðeath

Ðeath Member

While yes in duels it would be quite significant difference to have ilvl 44 vs 34 gear, it's not as big in instanced PvP,

Example
    Lvl 19 Mail Boots, Ilvl 24.
    5 Int / Agi
    7 Stamina
    3 Crit
    3 Mastery

Lvl 19 Mail Boots, iLvL 34.
    7 Int / Agi
    10 Stamina
    5 Crit
    5 Mastery

6. Epichealtime

Epichealtime Veteran

7. Holythane

Holythane Lewno

Not a huge deal now % wise but if blizzard decides to buff the ilvl stat increase then they could have a much bigger difference to stats and bgs.

8. Allybeboba

Allybeboba Veteran

Currently, in instanced PvP, a 10 ilvl difference (34 to 44) would be an entire 1%. It is very insignificant.