Artifact weapons and ilvl ?

So seems like a lot of people have opinions on Enhance and the damage it can do or cannot do in BGs. If you don’t have a screenshot of playing enhancement shaman in BGs at 20 in shadowlands you are just making assumptions about the damage enhance can do lol. I actually geared an enhancement shaman this expansion and I can tell you... enhance is underdog and can do BIG DICK damage! With that being said, check out this thread https://xpoff.com/threads/shadowlands-hipster-class-top-dps-in-bg-thread-check.92580/ I will be posting some hipster specs doing big dick damage in BGs :) also take a look and vote for what classes/specs are hipster in Shadowlands! Thanks

Not directly relating to the comment, but in general.

This time around unlike BFA however... i49s can carry you right to the top (or anybody). If you have them its not much of an accomplishment. If you can do 100k+ on enhance in a normal game with i34 or equiv that is impressive at least (even if you have pockets or not). But, i49s are just broken and not a real measurement for anybody to look at or use as a baseline. They are just goofy good, opinions or not.

Damn my lacking of ilvl 49 artifacts really just killed this bracket for me =/

@Cattywompus 49 weps are not needed to still own tbh :) lvl 34 and some lvl 25 weps are super suffice
[doublepost=1609131999,1609131728][/doublepost]@JadeFire not all lvl49 weps for every class guarantees you to do top damage lol and that’s no an opinion seem a handful of peeps with 49 weps getting out damage and get out healed by people with lvl 26 and lvl 32 weps. Also some 49 weps don’t provide crazy benefits for example melee weapons vs intellect weapons. Lvl 49 intellect weps provide 20+intellect more than lvl 32 weps, which to your point is a lot. However for melee like warriors 49 vs 32 vs 25 it’s not that big of a diff because most of your damage is based off procs :)

@Cattywompus 49 weps are not needed to still own tbh :) lvl 34 and some lvl 25 weps are super suffice
[doublepost=1609131999,1609131728][/doublepost]@JadeFire not all lvl49 weps for every class guarantees you to do top damage lol and that’s no an opinion seem a handful of peeps with 49 weps getting out damage and get out healed by people with lvl 26 and lvl 32 weps. Also some 49 weps don’t provide crazy benefits for example melee weapons vs intellect weapons. Lvl 49 intellect weps provide 20+intellect more than lvl 32 weps, which to your point is a lot. However for melee like warriors 49 vs 32 vs 25 it’s not that big of a diff because most of your damage is based off procs :)

I do agree and have said many times before that for casters the i49s don't mean much, but for physical melee or ranged, the i49s are OP. It's just simple math. Smiley faces and "lols" don't change math, anybody with eyes clearly see that i49s are far better. I don't know how many you have played since the overall nerf of all the prepatch goofy gear, but a warrior using an i49 will decimate a warrior using a destiny or a rivendare, you can see it every time you get hit or watch them murder somebody... the hits are MUCH larger and the crits are embarrassingly huge. I will agree that under the BEST circumstances of having a Destiny Proc up is nice, the i49 is almost as good... and its FAR better the other 90% of the time you don't have a destiny proc.

Take your i49s off your druid next time you are running around and put on some quest trash or i34s... you won't be smiling then.

I won't reply anymore because I cant stand arguing about simple math with people, but its obvious they are OP on melee or non caster ranged.

Well then I'ma just have to put these bad boys into play!!

yCwOZae.png

:Kappa:

@JadeFire you got it flipped upside down lol. Melee 49s are not as broken as lvl 49 intellect weps and that’s with math lol. Come on you must not twink, or you just be a novice... post some screenshots of what value you being to BGs... I’ll wait.. to many people on this site with suggestions and opinions with nothing backing it up...
[doublepost=1609133594,1609133493][/doublepost]
@JadeFire you got it flipped upside down lol. Melee 49s are not as broken as lvl 49 intellect weps and that’s with math lol. Come on you must not twink, or you just be a novice... post some screenshots of what value you being to BGs... I’ll wait.. to many people on this site with suggestions and opinions with nothing backing it up...

lol also - I’ll go toe to toe with a twink with 49 weps while using a lvl 32 or lvl 25 weps and that’s facts y’all know that ;)

I cant recall exactly which ones, but there used to be instances that the req level would go up as you got deeper into it.

BRD was one I think, you could get level 49 gear near the entrance, it further in it went to like 51-52 req I think... and Uldaman for sure. The first boss loot was level 38 req and the second was 40. So maybe it's doing that - 20 to get in but 23 loot.

You might be right actually I should have been paying more attention to all loot I got, boss drops are for 20s though. I also got a blue belt that required lvl 20 boe. Just seems like the rare mobs are lvl 23.

I would like to point out that Crusader is on the old PPM system, which means a flat chance to proc (based on your weapon speed) on each hit. I would guess that Destiny works the same way, being of a similar vintage. If that is the case, spamming whirlwind on multiple dummies is not really a good test case as each cast hits multiple times on each target which would massively inflate the number of procs you get. Not saying Destiny is or isn't BiS, just that the above test isn't the most realistic use case scenario. I'll do some theorycrafting if I can find out what the Destiny proc rate/system is.

Only took me a day to find level 22/24 version of that sword on AH.

Well that just verifies everything for everyone then, you found one on your AH. Not an impaired argument whatsoever. :rolleyes:

edit- huh... there wasnt any on my AH, could you go over the easy-farm process again? Not sure where I went wrong.

I followed your advice to the letter. I guess YMMV. Weird.

@Mahvet please include your findings/testing on this thread, would love to consolidate this type of info.

i got ilvl 20 artifacts when doing the quest, is it possible to lvl ur artifacts ilvl to 30+?

Yes, you can level artifacts to 34 atm with the green boe relics @ level 19.

anyone tried farming up a pod?
I assumed that was what xanx was cryptically talking about earlier in one of these threads... not gonna care about PoD.

edit- might be easier than 1-2x destiny tho, since you have a very specific farm spot to search for it.

now looking it up, the proc seems kinda meh, watered down like most others since the recent changes. Or if not watered down per se, at least rather lackluster given the healthpools we can carry with all the sockets.

Also... the thing about these classic drops is that you really likely have no choice but to farm them yourself when people can level in any expansion they choose - who is gonna choose classic? And do those dungeons to boot? :confused:

@Chops i bet your princess scepter is better.

edit2- DOH! I was looking at the classic link... check out the current one LAWL: https://www.wowhead.com/item=9425/pendulum-of-doom?bonus=6710

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread