EU+US Artifact Weapon or Warlords Crafted Wand?

I don't have legion yet so I cant test this myself. Is it better to equip a WoD wand and off hand or Legendary staff on my arcane mage? Wands prove better than any other weapon in all the earlier brackets and I'm wondering if that holds true in 90-99.

Still works. I have a 13 trait artifact on my 104 (leveling) frost mage but im using a wand combo because it does more damage for ray of frost & glacial spike

Since Wands are getting some stupid high artificial iLvL scaling in iPvP it'd be interesting to test the difference between that and say a 755 Artifact Weapon. Speaking of, what is the highest iLvL Wand you can reasonably get to equip on a 98/99?

Also, I edited the Thread Title to 'Artifact Weapon' from Legendary Staff.

Ok so i got Legion today and my artifact weapon arcane mage staff. Here is what i found:

WoD level 1 crafted wand and offhand

Ilevel - 614

Intellect - 2479
Stamina - 4939
Armor - 500
Crit - 11%
Haste - 8%
Mastery - 11%
Versatility - 4%

Legion Arcane mage artifact staff (Alu'neth)

Ilevel - 621

Intellect - 2367
Stamina - 4718
Armor - 477
Crit - 10%
Haste - 7%
Mastery - 11%
Versatility - 4%

Only gear I switched was weapon.

Wands are the clear winner here. I wonder what difference a level 6 wand and offhand might make.

So false
Inb4 i have 100+ status in this HP bla bla.

As a demolock I will kill, no destroy you and wish you were never born. Reason I always win? Just to good. JK i get carried by artifact weapon traits. I get a lot more % health with AP weapon due to traits. A extra aoe ability THAT SHREDS PEOPLE, and a ability that Lets me 1-shot Every minuten. So, PLEASE DONT SAY A CRAFTED WANT IS BETTER, ITS ONLY A SUBSITUDE!

Ty papa bless

I get a lot more % health with AP weapon due to traits. A extra aoe ability THAT SHREDS PEOPLE, and a ability that Lets me 1-shot Every minuten. So, PLEASE DONT SAY A CRAFTED WANT IS BETTER, ITS ONLY A SUBSITUDE!

Cool! I look forward to seeing what my artifact weapon is capable of doing.

Users who are viewing this thread