Artifact Weapon enchant limitations

Jay204

Grandfathered
I recall reading early that you should wait to apply relics due to certain enchant level limits. Now that the +14 relics cannot be obtained, do these concerns still apply?

More specifically, would either of the ranged hunter weapons lose eligibility for certain enchants or scopes if the two relics are now applied first?

I think it was about WoD enchants back when empty artifacts were ilvl 150. Dont know if any of those scopes had that restriction. A lot of really good chants could not be applied to items over 150 ilvl (or like 130 or something), and they had a patch that raised all the gear levels (maybe the BfA prepatch? dont recall...) so getting WoD gear enchanted before the patch meant grandfathered enchants.

Then patch day came and twinks were separated from levelers again and there were no BG to use them in.... :Troll:

Ok so even with the reduced +5 relics, you have to enchant prior to socketing? I just want to be sure.

Ok so in the case of a Marksman Hunter, the best "enchant" is the +3 sniper scope, correct? If so, this one can be applied to any weapon under iLevel 50, right? At least according to Swoops's spreadsheet.

It appears, I could add my relics / scope in any order? Or do I have the wrong "enchant" picked out?

enchanted an ilvl 30 art wep with ele force with no prob

instead of a scope?

I tried Gale force on my level 10 hunter artifact and it said the target was too low, kinda knew that without checking tho.

edit- worked fine last week on my 20 and their ilvl 44 bow... that's now ilvl 25. :oops:

Hahah so......... +3 scope vs Elemental Force vs Gale Force

Regardless, all can be applied to a level 33 artifact weapon after relics?

Thanks Zazz, I've been reading Swoops spreadsheet over the past few days. I just wanted to make sure I was interpreting it correctly before doing something I can't take back.

Looks like am am safe with the gimped relics and limited to the +3 scope or Elemental Force.

I'm still weighing out if its worth finishing my toons if I can only get ilvl 32-33 artifact weps. Maybe for casters it might be worth it! I'm gonna have a shit ton of free time this week! Unfortunately it wasn't the week the patch dropped, lol.

Yeah I am not subbing to do all the enchanting etc until I see how this plays out. In the meantime, I am doing the Legion zones at my leisure. And a little BGing. The nice thing is that all the mega twinks with the GF'd gear still have subs for another week or two.

What weapon enchants are people using? Berserking or dancing steel sounded pretty nice but I went with elemental force because it procs like crazy, and I didn’t have time to test the others. (I’m playing a rogue)

instead of a scope?

I tried Gale force on my level 10 hunter artifact and it said the target was too low, kinda knew that without checking tho.

edit- worked fine last week on my 20 and their ilvl 44 bow... that's now ilvl 25. :oops:
Doesn't work as of today on iLvL 49 Artifact Gun. You get the error "That item is not a valid target".

EDIT: Tested with a Vellum and through Trade Window, neither work.

Users who are viewing this thread