artifact weap ilvl

fungchewuchi

Master of the Flying Guillotine
i'm just dicking around with a 1 month sub where i'm checking out content i've missed over the past few years, no bfa. 110 pvps been surprisingly fun tho!

i see people with like, 265 ilvl artifact weaps.
far as i can tell the best sigils from mythic antorus are +32?
my sigils are currently 12 ilvls short of a full 3 ilvl32 sigils in the weap.
and my weap's ilvl238, so it could get to at most ilvl 250.
where's the extra 15 ilvls coming from? netherlite crucible's busted, most the info i search is outdated.
what'm i missing? =)

Just titanforged relics. They can upgrade to 265 ilvl

240 relics give 30ilvl
250 33ilvl

265 gives 38ilvl

so this 15 ilvl above 250x3 comes from the 5x3 ilvl per 265 relic in comparisons

The patch is coming soon, so I don't think its worth farming mythic gear atm

iii know, but now's when i have the time to play due to the plague.
building a gear set's what's fun for me, whether i get to rly use it or not.

I’d recommend farming nether shards and daily world quest boxes for gear next patch. All previous warforges and titan forges will be nullified, and most gear from legion will be Ilvl 50 and post patch warforges will be +10 Only (meaning up to 60). So what u want is a lot of warforged gear with sockets AFTER patch hits, not before.

it sucks that you don’t have a lot of time to play, but I think you’ll be bummed once the patch hits soon if you spend too much time gearing now. I’d say just get a basic ilvl 230 ish set for now

Yeah if you get raid clear good, just know it’s basically a month of playing or less till it’s level 50 cap time.

Antorus heroic can be 2 manned by 120s for extra shot at gear that can titanforge.

What class are you playing? Know that raid tier sets do work in battlegrounds, but not arena skirmish.

If you have gold/time to blow:

You can Get 3 235ilvl items Via professions. They can roll single stat suffixes such as impatient/savant/decimator/adaptable.
Helm (empyrial X crown) from JC which has a socket and doesn’t require JC to wear.
1 armor slot from each of the Lw/bs/tailor. Plate makes a chest, leather makes shoulders, cloth makes pants. these also don’t need the profession to wear.
Astral alchemy stone for trinket, though this one requires alchemy.

each armor type has 3 BoE slots that drop from antorus, each one has bracers. Then the other 2 are different by armor (cloth has gloves and shoulders, leather has shoulders and legs, mail has chest and legs, plate has legs and chest(sadly this would make the blacksmith chest kinda useless)). on high pop realms these can be found for cheap usually, (right now on stormrage US you could get 260 mail chest, 250 mail bracers, 250 mail legs, for 32k gold total. add in the JC helm, and alchemy trinket, and 2 legendaries and the epic argus trinket you are geared enough to be called a twink probably)

you can put a straddling sage agate, and straddling viridium in your gem spots for 8% move speed.

Last edited:
your thoughts are really nice guys, but as i said at the start, i'm really just dicking around without too much seriousness: catching up on lore, places i want to see, mechanics, etc, that I hadn't seen since unsubbing back in early draenor like 5 years ago now. if i still have the time to play post patch i'll be doing the same with bfa content for a month before just going back to my usual f2play vets without a sub. i'll probably have to sub to deal with the massive changes to my 20s anyway. legion looks like it was a great expansion, from what i hear bfa won't be as fun, but then again, i won't have gating and progressions systems to deal with as bad as the people who did it live, and that seems to be the main complaint. think of me like a tourist who wants to see the best of a city during a short vacation.

i'm on my first char and longtime main, a priest, ayamechan. (i forgot how much fun it is to MC people off LM's cliff.) just got my 2nd legion leg unlocked, so now i'm looking at what to use in that regard. the sephuz ring is fkn awesome, fear someone and ZIP i'm a mile away lol. I'm considering the shield neck prydaz, but i see it said some places that it only works "After not taking damage for 5 sec", which isn't naturally in its tooltip. got any recommendations? Most info that isn't outdated is pve focused, so what i've been doing there is scoping armory profiles of good people i've seen. maybe the one that lets me cast while moving after being still a while instead?

raid set bonuses work in battlegrounds?? that i did not know. so my old 70 rogue would still get his setbonuses in pvp? badass, that's good news. shame it doesn't look like anything's popping in xpoff brackets these days. i doubt i could play it with any competency anymore though.

another surprise has been what's been social in this supposedly very social game and not. i've never seen an outdated main city as busy as legion dalaran. far from a ghost town, it's absolutely hopping with people. getting into groups for legion mythic raids is as easy as can be, and people are very gracious about bringing me along whether i can contribute or not. then on the other hand, i go to a starter zone on my 20s and yell for a hour that i'm willing to help people quest through the zone (so i can farm lacquered carving) and despite people all around me noone will touch that free help with a 10 ft. pole.

Yep the legion raid set bonus' do work in battlegrounds. not sure on the power of the priest sets. on my warlock in my signature i run tomb of sargeras 4 set because its so powerful. i think armory site is bugged though at the moment cause its not showing my toon lol

most old sets older than legion have a legacy set: bonus disabled tag though. crafted stuff like whitemend and spellfire work since you mentioned a 70

i agree i do like that in dalaran its always busy, and theres a ton of cosmetic/collecting to do from legion content

your legendary choice for instanced pvp isnt too important, they only work in worldpvp and pve. for pvp bgs/arena youll see people use the archimondes hatred reborn cause it has nice stats, and another with extra stats like prydaz or the casting boots etc.

your toons fine though with more gear you get more health which is really nice against MM hunter twinks if you have noticed how they can 1 shot lol

if i were you i would consider grabbing an upgraded Empyrial crown 235ilvl, upgraded lightweave breeches 235ilvl, raid boe shoulders 240ilvl+, raid boe gloves 240ilvl+. but im not sure how the auction house on Kiljaden is! so it might not be doable without spending a little more than its worth for the time left

dont forget you can put a straddling sage agate, and a straddling viridium in your gem spots for 8% move speed which stacks with all other passives or procs of speed bonus.

oh, just legion setbonuses, i thought you meant the legacy set disabled stuff. ohwell.

>your legendary choice for instanced pvp isnt too important, they only work in worldpvp and pve
er? i'm sure sephuz is still granting me the long speedboost in bgs.. hadn't tested the other 1 i got yet. archy's hatred reborn's one i was lookiing at too, maybe i'll do that.

at this point i'm able to pull my own weight in bgs, and that's about all i was going for. i'll check the prices on all that stuff. are they particularly well itemized for me? i'd be fine just taking whatever i get from a weekly clear of mythic antorus from here on out. will def do those gems next socket i get. not gonna go too crazy as my sub will run out before patch and then i'll be done for a while. i think. this has been more fun than i thought so mayyyybe i'll be pulled back in for more =)

Users who are viewing this thread