Artifact Knowledge Level 42, Invasion Points This Week, Tweets, DLC #597

MMO-Champion

hearthstoneIcon.png
What Happened in Hearthstone? Taking a Look Back at August 28 - September 3

Artifact Knowledge Level 42
It seems that the weekly increase in Artifact Knowledge is not tied to the regular weekly reset, as it went live on Monday morning.

Invasion Points Unlock This Week
Invasion Points are public scenarios that require multiple players, with Greater Invasion Points requiring a raid to defeat bosses that drop item level 930 gear.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Week 1
: Begin the invasion of Argus and embark on an epic storyline beginning in Krokuun. Team up with the Army of the Light and take the fight to the very heart of the Legion in the Antoran Wastes. Gain access to new World Quests and Emissaries on Argus.

Week 2: Finish the story of Krokuun and travel to the ruined draenei city of Mac’Aree. Gain access to Invasion Points and thwart the Burning Legion’s plans on other worlds. Additional World Quests in Mac’Aree are available along with access to Invasion Points.

Week 3: Finish the Shadows of Argus storyline, unlock all World Quests, and venture into the new dungeon, the Seat of the Triumvirate. Activate your Netherlight Crucible on the Vindicaar to begin forging Relics.

Ghostcrawler Tweets
Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
I stopped visiting the WoW forums a while back for reasons I no longer remember. I’ve started visiting them now and then, but it’s such a different feel. With the ability for everyone to upvote and downvote individual posts, there’s a very strong echo chamber in effect. There seem to be “acceptable” and “unacceptable” opinions to have regarding the game, flying, difficulty/reward structures, etc. It discourages the minority from posting. What’s the value in a forum rating system?
I’m not a fan of upvoting or downvoting, myself, even on our own forums. I think the intent is noble, of being able to bury spam or promote really insightful ideas, but what generally happens is you upvote things that agree with you and downvote things you don’t agree with, no matter how well structured their arguments are. (Source)

Dark Legacy Comics #597
DLC #597 has been released.

Continue reading...

a downvote system is fine if the forum community isn't super arrogant. And many people on the batllenet forums are precisely that. Arrogant.

Most of them play mostly endgame with a defensive mentality on nearly everything blizzard does. So if, let's say, someone wanted a change for another bracket or a suggestion on changing an interface option, the person is steamrolled with dislikes from others who would welcome it if it was brought on by blizzard themselves.

Plus dislikes sort-of defeat the whole idea of a discussion. If someone dislikes something, they should provide a counter-argument rather than leaving a vague thumbs down.

Users who are viewing this thread