EU+US [Artifact Fishing Pole] Underlight Angler

MyPerfection

### --- ... --- ###
Requirements to get http://www.wowhead.com/item=133887/luminous-pearl for the Initial Quest:
I said to myself, well maybe they changed that and the quest item will drop before 110. The item itself says "requires 98". So I leveld up fishing to 800, catched all the fishes (Both combined can be completed in under 2 hours if you can buy the rare bait of the auction house. Otherwise it will take 6-8 hours.). And after relogging, fishing a shit ton of pools etc. and no quest item drop ... I wrote a ticket and the answer is "A lot of items which can only be obtained at 110 say that they require 98". The devs know about it and they will look into it.
hmveiU4.jpg

So 2 things could happen in the future:
  1. They change the requirement to 110 of those items.
  2. They actually change the way to obtain those "98 items" and we can get it.
So as always, we have to wait and see.

Notice how the conversation with the GM stopped when the OP started making demands.

800 fishing is not a requirement to get the artifact fishing pole by the way. Although by the time one finishes http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=10596/bigger-fish-to-fry achievement they would have reached 800 by then.

I chose to do the http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=10722/the-wish-remover first at the beginning of September before the fountain got too crowded. So naturally, my fishing was already 800. About a week or so later a accomplishments the http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=10596/bigger-fish-to-fry achievement.

It's beyond stupid all the new Scaling Tech Blizz added in Legion, then made most of the things to do require 110, this includes Professions.

The game is designed around endgame. Sooner or later, all the early instances will scale with level and gear.

/cheers

The game is designed around endgame. Sooner or later, all the early instances will scale with level and gear.
While I agree with that to a point, that wasn't the point I was making. Legion is the FIRST XPac where you are stuck Leveling Professions behind Level gates, all the way until Level Cap in fact. All previous XPacs you were able to Level any Profession to Max and Craft anything without actually being Level Cap for that XPac yourself (we won't talk about that bullshit Cooking-Farming mini game in MoP). Even more than this, Legion requires Level 100 (not 2 Levels lower or more, like previous XPacs) to even do more than 1-2 Quests for some Professions. Part of that stems from a complete overhaul of Professions for Legion but I still consider this a huge misstep on Blizz's part.

That leads me to the Scaling Tech that's new for Legion. The sheer scale of this new Tech implies that WoW will not just be "designed for End Game" post Legion, or possibly even from late Legion and beyond. This Tech literally allows Blizzard to 'refresh' the ENTIRE GAME and make nearly all of it's Content accessible by pretty much all Character Levels, or at least 10+ since 10's are the first Level that can enter and Instance. With that realization, what in the name of baby jebus is the point of making so much of Legion 110 only, including much of Professions.

A bunch of what has been done for Legion makes me seriously wonder if the right and left hand of Blizz has no idea what the other is doing... Ah hell, I've wondered that for YEARS.

While I agree with that to a point, that wasn't the point I was making. Legion is the FIRST XPac where you are stuck Leveling Professions behind Level gates, all the way until Level Cap in fact. All previous XPacs you were able to Level any Profession to Max and Craft anything without actually being Level Cap for that XPac yourself (we won't talk about that bullshit Cooking-Farming mini game in MoP). Even more than this, Legion requires Level 100 (not 2 Levels lower or more, like previous XPacs) to even do more than 1-2 Quests for some Professions. Part of that stems from a complete overhaul of Professions for Legion but I still consider this a huge misstep on Blizz's part.

That leads me to the Scaling Tech that's new for Legion. The sheer scale of this new Tech implies that WoW will not just be "designed for End Game" post Legion, or possibly even from late Legion and beyond. This Tech literally allows Blizzard to 'refresh' the ENTIRE GAME and make nearly all of it's Content accessible by pretty much all Character Levels, or at least 10+ since 10's are the first Level that can enter and Instance. With that realization, what in the name of baby jebus is the point of making so much of Legion 110 only, including much of Professions.

A bunch of what has been done for Legion makes me seriously wonder if the right and left hand of Blizz has no idea what the other is doing... Ah hell, I've wondered that for YEARS.

I know how passionate you are about using the tech to make 100% of the game relavant, every continent and instance scaling and suddenly there's 10 times the content to play scaled.

I can only imagine one day they will implement it under the banner of 'play your own way and adventure anywhere' tag.

As for barring professions, simply no thought to anyone other than 110s, usual blizzard tbh.

I didn't make any demands.

Can you post a source? All guides I know say that it is required.

It is not part of the requirement anymore.

The guides you are reading are probably from the beta. Hell, even WoWhead has more than one guide on the subject.
http://www.wowhead.com/the-legion-fishing-artifact-underlight-angler States you don't need it.

http://www.wowhead.com/the-underlig...p-guide-to-obtaining-legions-fishing-artifact States that you do need it.

When you catch a "rare" fish, which really aren't all that rare, you gain five skill points.
Either way, an angler more than likely will obtain 800 in fishing(or close to it) by the time they are ready to catch the pearl.

I chose to do The Wish Remover because in WotLK the fountain was very very crowded later on in the expansion. It had nothing to do with getting the artifact pole. I just wanted to get it out of the way while there wasn't anyone at the fountain.

/cheers

Either way, an angler more than likely will obtain 800 in fishing(or close to it) by the time they are ready to catch the pearl.
True. If you use the +5 when you get them everyone will be at 800 permanent, without fishing hat and such. So it shouldn't really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread