EU+US artefact grind is killing my soul

is it that bad? i am new back to the expansion so dont know much about it, but if you have a main that isnt a twink at lv110, you can get that Artifact knowledge scroll that is BoA?

grind some order resources, buy the scrolls on your lv110, send to your lv101, and boom, it increases the amount of AP you get per find, as far as I can see, it goes up high! .... my 110 went from getting like 100AP to 600AP per item now and thats literally the same day i hit 110 on my main.

my current way of boosting (or my plan anyways only started yesterday) i farm leather on my twink, you find plenty of bloods during the grind, the bloods can be traded for Order resource crates in Daralan that are BoA - 200 resources.

Ship the crates to your 110, then buy the Scrolls and ship them back to your 101. Using these will drastically increase your AP gain on your twink.

If you don't like it then don't do it. A game is supposed to be fun. It isn't supposed to be a chore.
Why do something you don't like doing?
Spend your spare time doing something enjoyable.

/cheers

Your kind of wrong there...
Even though the mace is good. You still miss alot of artifact features. Those features make most my dmg as Enhancement shaman.
Stick with farming AP.
Especially with the new improved relics.

sooo how do you guys survive the artefact grind every day in a sane state of mind ?

Once something starts to feel like a grind I stop doing it. Quit raiding because spending 3+ hours in NH isn't fun. I won't ever see artifact level 20, and I'm ok with that.

It's just a video game designed to be a leisurely activity, sometimes people tend to forget that.

sooo how do you guys survive the artefact grind every day in a sane state of mind ?
I don't care about it at all. Getting to Rank 14 with just the quests / treasures is enough for me. All I do now is the class hall stuff for +150 / 165 ap here and there. I like to play the game, not wasting time to increase performance a little bit which would take up most of the time while I normally just have played the "real" game during it.

Boomkin here, bought an 840 Athrog's Mace, boom, AP grinding is not mandatory anymore for me.
It is mandatory if boomkin is your mainspec and you want to get the most out of your character. Replacing the artifact with that 2H mace will lose you the AF ability (which seems important for Balance) and many traits which are multiplicative on your damage output.

I did 2 sets of sims using the most geared boomkin in the armory list with an 860 mace, these were the results:
Sustained (3-5 mins): 302.5k (AF) vs 230.9k (Mace) = 71.6k (23.6%) dps loss
Burst (30 secs): 522.3k (AF) vs 415.3k (Mace) = 107k (20.4%) dps loss

Play a stealth class / get always on top maker if you don't have a second monitor and watch something while farming. (i just finished watching winds of war / war & remembrance that's about 60 hours of great entertainment). Oh and teaming up with other players makes it easier to endure.

Play a stealth class / get always on top maker if you don't have a second monitor and watch something while farming. (i just finished watching winds of war / war & remembrance that's about 60 hours of great entertainment). Oh and teaming up with other players makes it easier to endure.
If only I had a stealth class! Haha guess I have a 100 rogue waiting in the wings with leg ring

It's a long road, but will be so with it in the end.
Hey, I've looked at your profile and I was wondering, would you favor for example, an 840 with a socket over an 845 without one ? What would be your minimum ilvl difference to prefer one over the other ?

Edit: How did you get the Rivermane sandals ? Thx

It is mandatory if boomkin is your mainspec and you want to get the most out of your character. Replacing the artifact with that 2H mace will lose you the AF ability (which seems important for Balance) and many traits which are multiplicative on your damage output.

I did 2 sets of sims using the most geared boomkin in the armory list with an 860 mace, these were the results:
Sustained (3-5 mins): 302.5k (AF) vs 230.9k (Mace) = 71.6k (23.6%) dps loss
Burst (30 secs): 522.3k (AF) vs 415.3k (Mace) = 107k (20.4%) dps loss

So I finally made an account due to this post, DO NOT GO BY SIMS. What possible fight goes for 3-5 mins as a twink? What specific traits are being tested? In my real world testing I've found an 845 Mace to be on par with the Artifact weapon, Yes of course there are specialty situations one may preform better than the other such as Mace providing more haste for quicker pulling, or if you have Starfall up 24/7 with tons of mobs actually staying inside of it then yes Mastery/Artifact weapon would be good or if Starsurge a lot. I find the only time I actually cast is on Bosses which I assume casting is Simd in everything. *Instanced pvp Artifact Weapon should always be better*

I could possibly see your Sims as correct for an Artifact with both 810 Relics.

EDIT: Just would like to state my real world testing has not been extensive enough to give any serious recommendation. Just did back 2 back Nelth Lairs, 855 BoE pulled in 4k less DPS (416k) at the end (due to having to tag a single mob) but had higher DPS than artifact at nearly every other part.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread