EU+US Armor Upgrades From Quest

Volgonoth

Grandfathered
Yo what's up with the RNG behind the upgrades lately? I see some 119 twinks with a 301 ilvl gear or 298 and all ive gotten from these quest have been. 290 286 and 281. I started questing at 119 and legit have gotten nothing. I need one more area which is Stormsong so hopefully I have some better luck there.

8C3593A8-50F1-4A40-BC7C-B1348530DF14.png

How’s that for RNG. :)

Lvl 110 btw

Personal experience makes me feel that may be true, even on my main, world quest items warforge/titanforge much more often than freshly dinged 120s where its already an upgrade.

gear from Worldquests get more / higher upgrades based on your gear iirc.
also IF you want to you can faction change to get more quests. I got more upgrades in the last zone I completed than in the other 5 combined.

Some people have told me that having higher ilvl ups the chance for an item to upgrade. I'm not talking proc with socket/leech/etc I'm saying it being higher ilvl.
That is not true.

@Volgonoth
Quest Rewards have these item levels:
Green 281 / 286 / 290
Blue 298
(Rare NPCs, BG Rewards and Dungeon Drops are all 273.)

A 286 piece with a rare proc increases to 294. (my legs)
A 281 piece with an epic proc increases to 301. (my cloak)
A 298 piece with an epic proc increases to 305. (my prot and healer weapons)

How high the chances for procs are? No idea, but really low in comparison to draenor / legion.
Finishing everything on horde side gave me:
Epic Proc cloak
Epic Proc prot weapon.

Having done 90% on alliance side so far gave me:
Epic Proc 2-hand healer weapon
Epic Proc ring 1.
Rare Proc legs.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/stormscale/Myperfection

If you got your best cloak you can pick up tailoring, enchant it with "feathery" and then switch to your normal profession. The reduced fall damage still works even without the profession.

So, i completed all 3 bfa zones. I've got 2 epics and other rares except 2 greens. Want to swap these 2 uncommons but dont have any ideas how to.

Faction change and you get 3 more zones full of quests

I mean if you're rich as hell, I don't see any issue with this. Unfortunately, my ass is more broke than a hooker in Taiwan. Though I am unsure if that actually makes sense because I don't know how much they make in Taiwan. Anyway, my point is that's great if you got the gold or extra $$, but if you don't then that's kind of unfortunate. However, you can always do Dungeons and hope gear will drop there. I can't confirm nor deny that some good pieces drop in dungeons, simply because I don't know as there's not enough data for that.

I do feel like weapons and any quests with a single reward have a chance to proc higher than normal, but it may really be just a feeling. I have no way to back that up.

You don't have to be rich to buy gametime, faction change etc. with gold. Rich in WoW means having gold cap many times.

Not to me. I used to be like 3rd in the twink market on Illidan as well as the twink gear that I'd flip. It was all thanks to a guy who bought an 810 Relic that I ended up buying off the AH for super cheap, he gave me like 700k or something I think. I made a good profit and ended up getting my first mil in WoW during Legion. Rich to me means you have enough gold for game time and anything else you want. I just used all my gold on game time recently because I can no longer afford to keep paying for it after losing my job. I got friends who are sitting on near gold cap (he decided to spend a bunch of gold on tokens for about a year so he no longer has to buy time) and it just amazes me that people I know can do that. Anything over 400k to me is rich, if I have over 300k on me, I'm feeling like a damn superstar because I can actually afford to pay for my game then. Also, Faction Changes are like 2-3 tokens right? That right there is rich to me, especially when you can just transfer back over after the fact.

Users who are viewing this thread