EU+US Armor Skills at level 19? Source?

Ikatzuki

Grandfathered
So I'm trying to find a source/confirmation of the fact that the passive spell Armor Skills does indeed work at level 19?

The reason I'm questioning the passive is cuz of the spells obvious description..

"Starting at level 50, you receive a 5% increase to your primary stat for wearing plate."

Yet everyone i meet in game says that it does count for level 19 in bg.?

Does anyone actually have confirmation that it does work in instanced pvp below level 50?

Thanks.

Well when i click on the passive it states that starting at lvl 50 having full of one type of armor that your class use give 5% stats. so i don't think so based on that logic.

Well when i click on the passive it states that starting at lvl 50 having full of one type of armor that your class use give 5% stats. so i don't think so based on that logic.

Thats my counter argument as well for those people in game but people are not having any of it thats for sure.. :p

If you want confirmation just go into a BG and swap a full plate set with one piece mail or something rofl.

If you're too lazy to do that, I'll be tyour source: you do get a 5% stat bonus for using a full set of the same Armour type in BGs

if what the info it give is correct why don't more twink use the ilvl 90 panda goggles. it give the most ilvl for a head piece out there and yet no one i've seen use it.

well you can see that i posted it right before or 1 second after you post yours, so no i didn't read it.

If you want confirmation just go into a BG and swap a full plate set with one piece mail or something rofl.

If you're too lazy to do that, I'll be tyour source: you do get a 5% stat bonus for using a full set of the same Armour type in BGs
The reason I put the post in the first place was because I didn't get a bg/arena pop for 35 minutes so i gave up and logged out of wow.
After talking to some guy about the passive skill it just struck me that it CLEARLY says "AFTER LEVEL 50" which means that if it does better your stats at level 19 that makes absolutely no sense? I'f i get a bg pop at some point i'll gladly test it out myself.

The reason I put the post in the first place was because I didn't get a bg/arena pop for 35 minutes so i gave up and logged out of wow.
After talking to some guy about the passive skill it just struck me that it CLEARLY says "AFTER LEVEL 50" which means that if it does better your stats at level 19 that makes absolutely no sense? I'f i get a bg pop at some point i'll gladly test it out myself.
That is for out of world. The 5% bonus doesn't come from a passive skill, it comes from the stat template that are provided in instanced PvP.

That is for out of world. The 5% bonus doesn't come from a passive skill, it comes from the stat template that are provided in instanced PvP.
Everyone is referring to that spell tho when they mention it?? "Remove that helmet <Armor Skills> read this spell" So obviously people got it all mixed up then?

Edit;
I guess that is just the way people handle it when they don't have an actual passive/spell in game that tells them that you receive extra stats for wearing the right type of armor?

Wearing all armor type = 5% primary stat buff, only in instanced PvP

Feel free to use whatever armor type you want in world pvp and duels.

Wearing all armor type = 5% primary stat buff, only in instanced PvP

Feel free to use whatever armor type you want in world pvp and duels.
Is that not labeled anywhere? Can't seem to find any post or anything about it :C I did get to test it in game now and it does give me higher stats wearing full plate.

I would like to know more about the ilvl cap. How does it really work? People say that if you do have over a certain ilvl (depends on what your level is) you don't gain any of your stats increased.

Lets say you are level 19, then the ilvl cap is on 39(?). I have 44 ilvl on my rogue, will I have the same stats as a rogue with 39 ilvl? For example; my health does not change if I equip The Rock x2, or Signet of Argas x2. Does this mean that neither of my stats have changed? Since when you enter a BG, all your stats from your gear is removed and replaced with "template stats" that is calculated from your ilvl, right? So theoretically you can enter a bg, test different pieces and see if hp changes or not, if your hp increases- all your stats increases, or am I wrong?

One more thing, if you equip a epic weapon, does that give you more damage or not, some people have said to me that equipping an epic weapon will increase your damage. Replica Lion's Fang and Miniature Winter Tree for example. Or is this just a hoax?

Love to the one who can clear things up for me <3

if what the info it give is correct why don't more twink use the ilvl 90 panda goggles. it give the most ilvl for a head piece out there and yet no one i've seen use it.
Blizz nerfed them that's why. This was tested extensively between 7.0 and 7.1. At first EVERYONE was using the highest iLvL Grey/White items they had access to, but one by one Blizz kept nerfing them. That includes the iLvL 100 Weapons from Legion. Also, at first the 5% didn't apply so low, Blizz changed that too. I can't be bothered to find the Threads but there are several detailing what does and what doesn't work in iPvP in the 10-19 Forum if you want to do some digging yourself.

U have base 24 ilvl. Every 10 ilvls more give u increased stats.
So 1st increase at ilvl 34, next -> 44 ilvl.
Ilvl 54 can't be reached now even for rogues with 100 ilvl cap and full 34 fellforged gear.
I have same stats with ilvl40 as ilvl46.5

I would like to know more about the ilvl cap. How does it really work? People say that if you do have over a certain ilvl (depends on what your level is) you don't gain any of your stats increased.

Lets say you are level 19, then the ilvl cap is on 39(?). I have 44 ilvl on my rogue, will I have the same stats as a rogue with 39 ilvl? For example; my health does not change if I equip The Rock x2, or Signet of Argas x2. Does this mean that neither of my stats have changed? Since when you enter a BG, all your stats from your gear is removed and replaced with "template stats" that is calculated from your ilvl, right? So theoretically you can enter a bg, test different pieces and see if hp changes or not, if your hp increases- all your stats increases, or am I wrong?

One more thing, if you equip a epic weapon, does that give you more damage or not, some people have said to me that equipping an epic weapon will increase your damage. Replica Lion's Fang and Miniature Winter Tree for example. Or is this just a hoax?

Love to the one who can clear things up for me <3

DejaCharacterStats (addon) can track your stats down to the decimal points. So essentially, when you equip higher ilvl gear, your stats always change. You just don't see it, because they change by the decimal. This is why, when you reach certain breakpoints, you see the actual change because it reaches a whole number.

And yes, epics do increase damage (at least the movie epics do). I can't talk for the dagger, since I haven't tested that. But I highly doubt the epic dagger is better than the 2.60 speed one. It could be a good off-hand however.

The system in place is not perfect. What we know to be true is if you enter a bg or arena you NEED to have EVERY slot of gear filled with your class armor type or your stats will be lower (health,dmg,heals,crit,etc). I keep telling players in game that ilvl is pointless im literally living proof of that. I made a brand new 19 horde druid yesterday and the ilvl is very low yet im sitting at almost 4k health and im hitting harder than the "ilvl bis" druids. Ilvl won't make or break you but missing even one slot or wearing one piece with the wrong armor type can drastically affect your stats.

In the pvp q and a they said they might release the exact way it works but said they might not as it would "confuse" people classic blizz

Users who are viewing this thread