Are you stuck in 2007? Do you like Free Wow? 19 Twinks Wanted!

Drayner

US HORDE PLAYERS NEEDED (or players that play US times)

Attention mods. This post is not an advertisement for a private server in the typical fashion we are used to. I am just a player on this server, not an owner trying to drum up users. I am trying to drum up competition. If this is not the right place for the thread, let's discuss it. Thanks.

Good Morning.

I am here to recruit 19 twinks for some Vanilla 19 twinking. I am not recruiting for any particular guild, but for a private server from Feenix called Emerald Dream.

Let me make a couple things clear 1st.

• I am not involved in the server. I am just looking to raise awareness for the server.
  • I am not running a guild there. I am just a member of a guild on Emerald Dream, even though I don't have a lot of time to play right now.
Why am I recruiting?
There are some issues happening on this server that I hope to fix. It's a US vs EU thing. The horde side of this server has nice collection of 19 twinks, but they are mostly EU players. The Alliance side has a bunch of US twinks. Syncing up to play some good twink vs twink action has been difficult due to time zone differences.

The Alliance side needs more EU twinks and the Horde side needs more US twinks!

What is this server?
Emerald Dream is a Blizzlike private server. It's free and doesn't have the things I dislike about many private servers like donations for gear, etc. It's pretty much straight up Vanilla.
1.12.1 Vanilla Wow | Full Blizzlike Realm
1x Experience Rates | 1x Profession Rates | 1x Drop Rates
Fully Scripted Dungeons and Raids | Battlegrounds | World PvP | Pathfinding
Gradual content release | No gear rewards

For more information or to set up and account, click here.

The server is pretty stable, but there are problems you will find on most private servers. Leveling is SLOW. Gold is at a premium. You will have to plan your twinks out if you choose to join. XP is ON. This server isn't for everyone.

IT IS FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT MISS VANILLA.

Guilds on Emerald Dream
Basically there are 2 active 19 twink guilds on this server. <Dominate> and <Mayhem> No. Mayhem is not the Mayhem that you might remember from Vengeance and Cyclone. Mayhem on this server is the Horde guild that is made up of primarily EU players. Dominate is the Dominate from the Vengeance battlegroup back in Vanilla/BC on Kul Tiras.

Someone has created an armory of sorts for this server too! Here are the 2 guilds I referred to on that site: <Mayhem> and <Dominate>.

Premades!
Last night, Mayhem and Dominate played 2 10v10 premades. It's worked out ok, but there were some issues getting the games to pop. Unfortunately, I was not able to play in either, but those that did participate had a blast.

Gear!
Gearing up is fun. Typical AH prices on gear is quite interesting. Shadowfangs go from 60-100g and that's the most expensive item normally. There are 100's of people leveling new toons all the time so the AH gets a healthy dose of BOE drops. Not too long ago, one of the harder to find items on the server (sentry cloak) showed up on the AH for 10g. That was after not seeing one for a week or so. The next day, another one for 20g and finally... another twink found one for 7g.

Enchants are expensive. Greater Eternals sell for 5-7g each, Large Brilliants go for 3-5g each, and Illusion dust 1-2g each.

Librams are also expensive. Expect to pay 60-100g for a Libram of Constitution or Libram of Voracity. Libram of Focus can be obtained a tad bit cheaper.

Almost Blizzlike
Leveling is a pita and you definitely need support to twink. Some quests are broken. Some quests can only be done at certain levels. Some items stats are different, but some for the better. Mindthrust bracers do not have negative stam!!!! Rumsey Rum can be purchased by alliance in Hillsbrad (not the instance because it doesn't exist yet on this server).

Progression
Twinks rely on what is happening on the server to get their enchants right? Well. This server is close to opening up ZG. AQ isn't out yet so the badass glove enchants are not around.

If you are interested at all in this, discuss in this thread. There are some members here that are on that server already.

Others have mentioned this server too:
http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f27/1-12-1-servers-empty-crap-53804/

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f45...r-100%-blizzlike-42075/index8.html#post729465 -- Something is wrong with this thread though. Only the newer pages can be seen. Weird.

Last edited:
I played in the two premades, and they were very fun. would like to see more activity and more competition!

I have a question, i've never played twink in vanilla, i've started in mid BC/late BC, is it much more different ?

Im very interested in starting a similar project but on 2.4.3 server. Twinking in BC was way funnier.

sweet

I'm leveling a main before I level a twink. Funding and such, plus farming gear at end game is easier :p I'll be twinking a 10 rogue soon~

WoTLK > BC > Vanilla > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MoP.

Didn't really twink in Cata.

Low Level twinking was Born in vanilla,it was awesome ..

- no ep in BGS
- massive Low Level Open PvP

Ed:

Green latency ... Eu Based,got about 20-60 ms

this sounds good i would like to play a 19 wsg agian lol so how do i start? but do wsg 's only pop when u guys r premading?

Last edited by a moderator:
this sounds good i would like to play a 19 wsg agian lol so how do i start? but do wsg 's only pop when u guys r premading?

nope they pop without us premading. the queing system is strange. games dont pop if there are 10 ally vs 5 horde. it has to be 6 vs 5 or 7 vs 8...etc to pop. they are trying to create balance. Read the OP and follow the instructions to get on the server. im on alliance just so everyone know. but we would like some horde to get competition.

shit ton of people are starting up on this serv friend of mine got word out over facebook a LOT of interest, get in on the action now this servs realy fun

why does it say its wrong info i put when i try to log in

my friend has same problem

our realmlist says: set realmlist emeralddream.servegame.org

and we open through either the launcher or the wow.exe

cant login

help please

Users who are viewing this thread