EU+US Are you prepping a 120 for level 50 SL twinking? Read

Discussion in 'Endgame' started by zazzyfraz, Apr 25, 2020.

Share This Page

Are you????

1. Yes

41.9%
  2. No

22.6%
  3. You are gay, but yes

6.5%
  4. No bitch wtf

29.0%
  1. zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

Hey just wondering
    if people are prepping toons for BfA twinking in SL. Legion 110 twinking is a lot of fun right now, bg pop in 10 mins or less.

There are somethings you might want to be trying to get.

New 6/24/2020: Echoes of Nyalotha can be used to buy https://www.wowhead.com/item=175062/malefic-core at 2000x per 1 once you hit rank 15. There is no Timegate to your cloak now. The speed of your progression on it will just depend on the amount of content/weekly/daily quests and other sources of Echoes that you do.

New 5/19/2020 Echoes of Nyalotha: a corruption vendor has been added to the game. It’s probably safe to assume corruption will be active in SL. These are sold for Echoes of Nyalotha currency. 6 of the 52 corruption effects are available on a BI-WEEKLY cycle. It could take 4 weeks to see a specific corruption+rank.
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/buying-corruption-at-mother-vendor-echoes-of-nyalotha

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316136/how-to-obtain-echoes-of-nyalotha-new-echoes-of-nyalotha-values
    with the ability to add your bis corruption, and the previous ability to also add sockets to items, it is now possible to obtain BiS endgame BfA set that you could only dream of. The only RNG now are tertiary stats (which are huge when stacked right), and 465ilvl m+ Completion gear vs weekly m chest 475ilvl lottery. So you should always still be doing +15 weekly chest

In addition. Blizzard has nerfed the grind from rank 1-15 legendary cloak by around 15 vision runs. The additional +3 corruption resistance after rank15 Weekly grind catchup has not been nerfed. Still can only get 2 Maelific cores a week after r15

~~~~~
    M+ and Rated PvP for high ilvl gear: all non-azerite dungeon gear from m+ is of GF’d ilvl once SL comes out and you can’t do it any more. There is no titanforge for any items in M0 or other 8.3 updated content. There are many interesting and powerful items from BFA dungeons. SAME THING for pvp trinkets obtainable at ilvl based on pvp Rating. Any serious toon being geared for BfA twinking should do a 15 mythic+ every week for the weekly chest. Buy if you need to. No judgement.
    You’ll probably still be able to scrap azerite items for Titan Residuum in SL still to buy dungeon azerite gear, but this is easier if you get the currency from weekly 15 lootbox. Need to make sure can still buy azerite “+15” items in SL too.

Gear From pvp::
    Rated PvP if you want the multiple available pvp trinkets at top ilvl.
    804DD1E7-8E3E-4B9D-BDA5-3A98DAD74058.jpeg
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=172897/warlords-trophy 1800 rating. Every armor type should have 2-4 azerite items per slot. This would be GF ilvl azerite traits (the ones unique to pvp armor) in SL.

Conquest weekly cap for Gear:
    You can get 460/465 pvp trinkets/azerite armor with no rated pvp or even queueing for a BG if you do daily war mode supply drops/zone incursions+hidden chest with WMon to get Conquest Points. You can also get 225 conquest points from the 3 Call to Arms weekly kill X player in X zone quests.
    Capping your Conquest Points bar these amounts of time in the image below will get you those items. This is being shared because idk if you will be able to do the conquest points weekly system at 50 in SL yet. You can cap your conquest reward bar as many times in a week as you want when you are behind weeks.
    361F9D7E-B4DB-43A9-80E9-304F05F40CBF.jpeg

Legendary cloak: Heavily nerfed progression system as of May and June 2020. After r15, you can add +3 resistance weekly by doing a vision full clear(no mask needed) or a Normal or higher N’Zoth kill. This upgrade system caps sept 9th 2020.

Essences: there are Neck essences obtained from Rated PvP, and Mythic+. These will be likely be GF in SL. Essences are obtainable via an account wide system so you only need this or others done on 1 character, up to rank 4. legendary rank 4 cosmetics needs to be earned on specific characters except for Lucid Dream. the Lucid r4 is account wide for now.

Visions of Nzoth content: these scenarios are a 1-5 man dungeon, (better to solo based on class). You can obtain a 470 item that will always be corrupted weekly. You upgrade your cape in these. You do these to buy a socket adding item*.
    Gouged Eye of N'Zoth(8.3 SOCKET ADDING ITEM):
    *When you have completed visions content (tier tree, 5 mask solo clear in both cities) you will gain the ability to buy an item to ADD A SOCKET TO ANY 8.3 GEAR. you will get .5-1 of these items a week depending on how many daily quests you do and your amount of vision grinding

Punchcards at above 430 ilvl: right now the brawler chest on mechagon still drops red punchcards at last tiers levels. 404 and can titanforge up to 455. Rares also drop yellow punch cards in the same fashion. Uncle T’rogg is a rare with 100% chance to drop a yellow card on a daily lockout. Punchcards obtained not from these 2 sources are fixed 430 ilvl and can’t titanforge

Neck Level: while we don’t know what happens to azerte level yet, it’s important to know a few essences have your azerite level in their coefficients. In addition you can infinitely increase the ilvl of your neck

Azshara Gear: she drops some interesting items with procs. These have a max ilvl of 455. There will be little reason to do this raid in SL for max level people. If titanforge is completely removed from all parts of the game in SL (a theory) then you would want to be killing her on Heroic weekly. (unlikey any average player kills her on mythic these days)

Titanforge in general: we don’t know But anything could happen

I’ll update this thread if anything new is learned about items or power becoming GF or similar outcome in SL.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

Can you confirm that azerite traits, HOA essences and all that stuff will still be active in SL? I dont keep up with end game at all, so I havent paid attention but I do plan on having an xpac capped toon at 50

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. kam

kam Member

Thanks for info looking forward to making a lvl 50

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

I wasn't extremely geared, but I got a warrior and mage to around 265 Ilvl at 110. I tested a few bgs and /afk out of them to not ding, man that shit felt broken! I might totally give it a shot though with the 50 cap. Might be sick.

• Like Like x 2
  6. sw0495

sw0495 Member

never thought about it, but it could be fun... but to answer ur question: no, not prepping one, but I might paly one once SL is out. Depending on what they make with the brackets and pvp in general. Until then Im going to ride the 20s Train until the bitter end!

Maybe they kill of f2p and/or the " 10 " bracket. maybe there wont be a 50-59 bracket. maybe they switch of any gear advantage... who knows?!

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. the great gringo

the great gringo Member

who do you think you are commanding me to "read" in the title of your post? you do realize i have every right in the whole entire world to choose NOT to read your post, right? so for you to offensively command me to read your post is actually very very rude

you've earned this report from me, do not repeat this type of behavior please

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. jackblood

jackblood Member

It might make for a fun bracket in the future. But perhaps only for the couple dozen people reading this thread.

For new twinkers deciding on where to spend their time and energy, there is nothing more discouraging than finding out the best twinks in the bracket are all Titanforged up and grandfathered in.

9. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

I say this but Ive been having so much fun reviving my old hunter (my first toon ever!) that I may end up just taking her to 60 in SL.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daltert Moropi

Daltert Moropi Member

Pretty much grinding dungeon bags since we might replace the current items.

As a person that plays in the 20 bracket, I can tell ya that titanforged has been already replaced by purple quest/rare drops and the grandfathered items are gradually getting weaker as time goes on (blame the tattletales for that).

11. jackblood

jackblood Member

First off, most grandfathered twinks from days past are 19s.

19s have been having their existential crisis for long enough now. Thankfully there’s such a huge population coming in at F2P cap that the tiny handful of folks at 20 with grandfathered items from Classic is minuscule.

Getting upgrades from Legion raids, etc, so that you can have the best grandfathered 50
    is cool and all, but if that shit is near impossible (or for Titanforged shit: fully impossible) for new lvl50 twinks in Shadowlands, then it’s going to put a damper on that community.

No need to deny that basic psychology just to circlejerk on XPOFF lmao

12. OP
    zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

yes this is true, however in this specific case we are not looking at extreme power gains. You will be completely fine in just Nyalotha gear on a toon made in SL compared to a guy with a +15 dungeon trinket

the purpose of the thread is to help people who do want these things know what will be gf’d. When you can completely prepare for it and know exactly what’s going to be changing, I feel it becomes a different dynamic. Where you can’t shift fault for not having these things, because everyone has the opportunity to get the gf BFA ilvl Items by playing the current game as it’s meant to be played.

I just want people to read the thread and get their toons set up, who otherwise wouldn’t if they didn’t see it. And the more people invested in the bracket on a more casual reader level, the better.

as for bracket health with these kinds of GF availability... you can look at 110 now. The majority of players are just regular people on legion accounts. The minority is levelers, and super twinks. And the queues are similar to ftp, especially at peak times. I don’t expect there to be any problem with this brackets activity in SL, especially with the higher interest in twinking prev xpak that BfA showed in the first part with all the island and freehold twinks

Sorry I came at you hard
    A reason was due to previous stigma that 19 are dead, epic bg don’t pop, etc, when we have recently all seen that everyone was wrong. I guess I Just overreacted at negative talk xD

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Cattywompus

Cattywompus Member

Even 110's now you can still get amazing gear. The only thing that will be gf'd in the new 50 bracket is going to be mythic plus gear, but thats going to be a minor upgrade. The only thing + keys have on the raid really is trinkets and maybe a handful of weapons, and bracers for fire mage. The rest of the gear nyalotha will do just fine. Whether or not corruptions will really come into play is unknown to me, and a grind i really hated. 470 rogue is an option for me, and my dk with the titanforged font of azshara though! Ayyyyoooo

14. OP
    zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

A corruption vendor has been added into the game. So.... It would probably be safe to assume corruption will be active in SL. On the first day of alpha when toon copy worked, streamers still had functioning corruption character pane and stuff like that.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/buying-corruption-at-mother-vendor-echoes-of-nyalotha
    Corruptions are sold for the currency https://www.wowhead.com/currency=1803/echoes-of-nyalotha
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316136/how-to-obtain-echoes-of-nyalotha-new-echoes-of-nyalotha-values

6/52 corruptions are available on a BI-WEEKLY cycle. You should be farming your weekly sources of Echo’s, so when the time comes you can buy multiple tokens for your preferred corruptions. It could take 4 weeks to see a specific essence rank you want. You’ll probably want to save them at the end of BfA, so you can have some to put on 485 ilvl carapace/nzoth items (assuming the average reader here isn’t 12/12m raiding)

with the ability to add your bis corruption, and theprevious ability to also add sockets to items, it is now possible to obtain BiS endgame BfA set that you could only dream of. The only RNG now are tertiarystats (which are huge when stacked right), and 465ilvl m+ Completion gear vs weekly m chest475ilvl lottery. So you should always still be doing+15 weekly chest

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. KainUFC

KainUFC Member

Really curious how BFA accounts will work with queues, will we only queue against other BFAs or will we queue with levelers, etc.

16. OP
    zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

It will likely be just 50s, with 51-59 in their own.
    Leveler 50 toons on SL accounts would be in the same queue for their one level.

Just hypothetical guess based on how it works now with legion

17. Tom Ganks

Tom Ganks Formerly Robo

I'm going to procrastinate maxing out the legendary cloak on 2 toons, but will get to it as soon as blizzard states they will remove the ability to acquire/upgrade the cloak in the next xpac. Assuming they do so. I couldn't give much of a shit about getting mythic 15 gear. I stopped caring that much about grinding endgame in Legion.

I'm also assuming they will try and nerf/remove essences in the necklace, or make it to where it's not usable past 55, same goes with azerite gear bonuses.

I guess I'm mostly waiting to see if the pre-patch will give us any powerful gear, and maybe BOA ones at that.

I really hated the BFA prepatch. we got 2 ugly mounts we never use and was only available to max lvl players via a short shitty questline. I like the scaled legion invasions quite a bit (but I would argue the gear drops for low lvls were a bit too unfair with warforging.)

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

bump

You can now buy Malefic Cores from an NPC after you hit rank 15 cloak. there is now no timegating involved with fully powering your cloak up from 1-15, and then your 25 +3 Corruption Resistance upgrades. just depends on how much daily/weekly quests and other sources for currency you do.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316590/upcoming-hotfix-allows-you-to-buy-malefic-cores
    2,000 Echoes of Ny’alotha per Malefic Core (+3 corruption resistance item)

heres some cool stuff i got on my druid. you can ignore the corruption on them, these pics taken before i cleansed and added better ones. i have alot of other items too at 475ilvl. ill can play with multiple X:y secondary stacking sets with gear that doesnt come from Raiding

ring.PNG trinks.PNG pog.PNG staf.PNG

ive also gotten 460-465ilvl of all 8 pvp trinkets (the ones specific to season 4 are the important ones. i dont think they will be available from Shadowlands content). Rank 4 M+ cosmetics on my druid, R3 Conflict and Strife(rated pvp)

collecting M+ gear on alliance mage now too
    mage.PNG magebr.PNG magering.PNG

• Like Like x 4
  19. Tom Ganks

Tom Ganks Formerly Robo

@zazzyfraz damn ur stacked. Can’t you also apply sockets to those from the vendor?

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

yeah you can apply sockets to anything from 8.3 content, though it takes 4-5 vision clears per socket (killing every mob, looting all chests, looting all 10 crystals, while wearing 5 masks for memento multiplier). atm im just adding a few to pve set gear, and saving every other socket token in the bank at the same time

mage is like 468 with 5 sockets from luck. Working on stacking haste and haste azerite traits for toxic Greater Pyroblast. Druid is 478, very little room for ilvl upg outside of the last 2 Mythic bosses and leveling my neck infinitely.

Druid also has a set of gear with speed on every item. 197% move speed base and could get faster with certain azerite traits and better stat stacking for Longstrider. You can wear a set like this in travel form while holding flag.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020