Is there a need of "twink tutorials"?

• Yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Verum

twitch.tv/dVerum
So, been thinking for a long while about doing some kind of "tutorial" videos for people that is interested in getting into twinking. Helping them "get going" and get their Twinks up and running so to speak. If so, I will try to make one video every each week. Each video will contain as much information as possible regarding the Class.

In the videos I will Walk through:
• Gear, both PVP and PVE.
• Useful macros
• Playstyle
• Comp
• and some kind of "tips n tricks" on that specific class

And I will also have some kind Quest tutorials aswell that will be linked in the videos. Since I won't be having time walking through how to do the Signet of Argas quest on each class-specific video I make. I could just have all that done before making the video about that class and just link them to my "quest tutorial vid" if they do not know how to get, lets say, Signet of Argas. Because most of the people that are twinking already know how to obtain it. I don't want the video to be painful to watch for people that knows their shit ukno? I'm just rambeling atm, but I do have alot of ideas about this little "project". Hopefully it just gets some good feedback from the community.

This will be mainly for 19 twinks, but if I enjoy it and get positive feedback I could definatly do f2p's and 29's for example. I'm open for proposals.

But the main reason why I want to do this is because I want this community to thrive and flourish. Getting in new Twinks into the bracket is always fun to see. Also it might get some of the old tinkers to get excited and get back into twinking again. Seeing old faces in WSG is something we all like to see (as long as it's not Vianco & co. ;) ). No, but srsly, I have earlier experiences in video editing and stuff, I have everything really set up back from when I used to stream more. So I do have the stuff I need to get going. I just need a little kick in the ass from you guys.

I could need some help though if you think sounds like an good idea, and what I am looking for is someone with greater experience then me to fill in the blank spots. Cus I ain't no master for every class in 19 you know? If someone is down to help out I'd be greatful, all that I need is a lil chat with you about the class that you're playing and your thoughts on how you should play, what specialization etc etc.

If you do have any ideas regarding this, feel free to reply, I could need some inspiration from you.

Lets make twinking great again!
Ok it's good, but lets make it better!

Cheers.

I'd actually be interested in seeing some 'Skill Capped' style vid's. Yes, I know we are only talking 19's and possibly 20's & 29's, but seeing some vid's on class play style, macro's, tips, hints etc would be quite cool. Maybe even like arena tips, bg tips, positioning, rotations etc for each class / spec.

When I used to play end game the tips and tricks I'd glean off Skill Capped was just next level awesome! Obviously that is a huge site with a wealth of players contributing, but still was super helpful when trying to push rating.

I'm not so much interested in the gearing side, though that would be good for newbies, but I'd certainly check out some play style type vid's if you were to make any.

Lets make twinking great again!
Ok it's good, but lets make it better!
^ This :)

Good luck!;)

ps - I'm voting yes! Not so much need, but want some tutorials.

You're a bad player so I'd pref. that you edited the videos (granted you're good at it(?)) and then have an actual good player do the teaching.

I like the idea tho'.

sure here's a survival hunter tutorial; make sure you reroll to tauren or belf, get a 2.0 speed bg crate staff, equip boa neck and rings over whites, remove all keybinds except for 1 (flanking strike), w and of course s so you can move around a little. oh, and remember to have your pets every single ability on auto and have your pet on assist so it can chase anyone who's mean to you across the map and macro /spit & /rofl into your flanking strike for maximum damage from your swifty one shot macro.

congratulations you're now officially a great legion survival masterrace reroller autopetshitfacecunt

Good idea and an even better intiative! The only thing I'm considering whether it's worth making videos rather than doing that in a written form, but then again 1) videos are better if you plan to demonstrate some techniques etc. and 2) there are so many guides already, maybe it's better to have everything in a video.

You're a bad player so I'd pref. that you edited the videos (granted you're good at it(?)) and then have an actual good player do the teaching.

I like the idea tho'.

Don't be put off by things such as this, just cringe, ignore & repeat.

Good luck!

I like the idea tho'.

I think you got this on wrong foot, this won't be a cool BG video with cool "plays". This will be an informational video for players that are new to either the game or the bracket.

And yes, I am not saying that I'm good at playing, that is why I said I could need some help from you guys.

I like the idea tho'.

Good and bad is in the eye of the beholder.
We have seen you in a recent video, people can judge for themselves if you are a judge of what is good.

/cheers

Step by step in written form would be faster to produce. And may even be easier for the masses to understand.

We used to have some really nice written guides on here when people actually cared for the community more than their egos.

/cheers

sure here's a survival hunter tutorial; make sure you reroll to tauren or belf, get a 2.0 speed bg crate staff, equip boa neck and rings over whites, remove all keybinds except for 1 (flanking strike), w and of course s so you can move around a little. oh, and remember to have your pets every single ability on auto and have your pet on assist so it can chase anyone who's mean to you across the map and macro /spit & /rofl into your flanking strike for maximum damage from your swifty one shot macro.

congratulations you're now officially a great legion survival masterrace reroller autopetshitfacecunt

LingMee

Would also love to read a segment about useful BG addons, general HUD options and things to do in the ingame-options. I get the feeling default is not the way to go ;D

Would also love to read a segment about useful BG addons, general HUD options and things to do in the ingame-options. I get the feeling default is not the way to go ;D
default is fine, some addons I would suggest though would be BattlegroundTargets so you can see who is on the other team and can target them to check where they are/if they're alive etc. and probably NameplateCooldowns to see certain CDs and whether or not the person has them available, it's nice knowing that a druid doesn't have dash for another 2 mins. those are the 2 addons that I always use. if you use the zone map (shift-M) then you could get Enhanced BG Zone Map which allows you to resize the zone map to a size which you may prefer

Users who are viewing this thread