EU Are these twinks still well geared? been off for a while

which of my items are BiS, specifically on the 1st rogue "Wìlly"

Not that tuned into 19 but looking at it I'd say the GFd argas is the most important on that char but you also have:
Talbar mantle on the shaman and mage
Inferno robe and seal of wrynn on the mage
Tunic of westfall on the other rogue

So you got a good start, one of the thing you can do to update the chars is to get engineering to get green lens or master engineer's goggles for your chars. There is an armory list somewhere that should give you a good idea for where to go gearwise.

Keep all of them 19 great chars, wb

Well, one thing to point out as is that unless WoW Armory is messing up and incorrectly scaling-- many of your enchants are INSANE and no longer available to the 19 bracket, so that may affect the BiS standing of them. Your leg armor for example is giving you a whopping FIFTEEN agility even after being scaled down from its max of +19. Same with your +5 Vers rings which are pretty much universally +1 for everyone else. My advice would be not to get rid of a single piece.

Check out the directory and look at some of the newer rogues like myself who don't have much grandfathered gear (I level my originals twinks :\ #regret). Cross reference the new BiS gear guide and see how the numbers compare with some of your old pieces that have bonkers enchants or features on them. If you need any specific advice I'm certainly available to help, but everyone here has been super helpful when I've had a question or two about gearing.
[doublepost=1541605215,1541605066][/doublepost]Also, I would keep both Shadowfangs cause I could never vendor a Shadowfang (even soulbound), however, Shadowfang is now only BiS in certain builds in the offhand. Generally speaking, you are going to want a IL25 Blue BG Crate weapon for your mainhand.

My rogue for reference:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/Isarra

Last edited:
@Vianco see that is what I thought too, but looking at his armory sheet it does show that they are being scaled down and still giving an insane amount of stats. I know some of those chants are no longer able to be put on low level armor-- but I'm far from 100% sure, could just be armory. For example, it does show his +50 vers rings scaling down to +5, which is still a huge leg up on us +1ers.

@Vianco see that is what I thought too, but looking at his armory sheet it does show that they are being scaled down and still giving an insane amount of stats. I know some of those chants are no longer able to be put on low level armor-- but I'm far from 100% sure, could just be armory. For example, it does show his +50 vers rings scaling down to +5, which is still a huge leg up on us +1ers.
Would just be weird, as I've seen no one else with those enchants so probably just armory bugging out. I guess we have to wait for @Willy to enlighten us

Should i keep em 19 or not worthy?

Definitely keep. Even if you didn't update them, why level them? Just leave them there and level something new from 1.

Well, one thing to point out as is that unless WoW Armory is messing up and incorrectly scaling-- many of your enchants are INSANE and no longer available to the 19 bracket, so that may affect the BiS standing of them. Your leg armor for example is giving you a whopping FIFTEEN agility even after being scaled down from its max of +19. Same with your +5 Vers rings which are pretty much universally +1 for everyone else. My advice would be not to get rid of a single piece.

WoW Armory is messed up and is incorrectly displaying unscaled enchants for chars that haven't logged in since the stat squish.

Willy the rogue has the full blackened defias set, which is cool AF and not obtainable anymore. Not usually BiS though. Argas is now grandfathered at ilvl 32 and is BiS or tied for it. AGM is no longer obtainable. Shadowfangs are still obtainable, though expensive as fuck. Shadowfang is BiS offhand, and still really good mainhand. You might have other pieces in the bank.

Willy the shaman has talbar mantle, maybe inferno robe?, double argas, and AGM which are all GFd.

Ytny the other rogue has tunic of westfall, argas, and AGM. Also the belt may be grandfathered at that ilvl, though it isn't amazing. Just 1 more possible secondary than the new ilvl 23 version.

The mage has talbar, inferno robe, GFd ilvl 25 belt, argas, AGM.

All in all, you got some sweet gear. Just need a few updates. Theres a guide in my sig for gearing new twinks, you'll want to play around with that gear and fitting some of your GFd gear in where possible. Don't throw any of your old gear away. Check your bank for other gear. Anything ilvl 24+ is probably GFd. Feel free to ask if you don't know if something is GFd or if you want to know if a GFd item is BiS.

Got some nice gear, but it's more swag than anything else.

Rogue needs changes on basically everything except off-hand. Look at my rogue for some quick pointers.

You can swap head for engineering goggles (you can get 300 engi now).
You can swap MH weapon fro BG weapon.
Gloves for Gloves of the Fang.
If you don't have the belt (or screecher's belt), then the belt from SFK is decent.
AGM can be swapped for DMF arena trinket, which is obtainable (or wait for 8.1 agi heirloom trinket).
Heirloom shoulders is a decent choice as well.'

Everything else you see on the rogue is obtainable.

Mage could use minor upgrades.

Shaman need some upgrades, most significantly the full slitherscale set. Minor off-piece upgrades.

@necroaqua Thank you for clearing that up lol! I was wondering because they were showing as scaled on the armory and I had never seen grandfathered enchants of that magnitude.

Welcome Back, @Willy!
Nice characters, I would keep them 19. You can always make new ones if you want to try a different bracket. But a good suggestion would be to NEVER throw away any item that is above item level 23 on your 19s.

Users who are viewing this thread