Are there any 79 holy pally twinks out there?

Explicate

Grandfathered
We dont have a 79 armory list, so I was curious if anyone wanted to step out of the shadows and help me gear my holy pally, mostly concerned about gem choices...

and if your not a holy pally and possibly know one, could you please provide an armory link? :)

Holy pala relies a lot on crit, since Holy Shock crits give you the 1s cast Holy Lights. As such, I would say the standard 5 int 5 crit gems are best. If you find yourself lacking stamina so much that you die in a stunlock, or get globalled too quickly, you can always add a few 5int/6stam gems (or use a stamina trinket).

For gearing any 79 twink, see the guide in my sig. As a holy pala, you probably want to ignore the meta gem head and go for a 3-socket one. Up to you though.

Holy pala relies a lot on crit, since Holy Shock crits give you the 1s cast Holy Lights. As such, I would say the standard 5 int 5 crit gems are best. If you find yourself lacking stamina so much that you die in a stunlock, or get globalled too quickly, you can always add a few 5int/6stam gems (or use a stamina trinket).

For gearing any 79 twink, see the guide in my sig. As a holy pala, you probably want to ignore the meta gem head and go for a 3-socket one. Up to you though.

thanks for the info, you are actually the warrior i followed to gear mine lol

Don't give up the meta. There's too many amazing choices for holy. The standard PvP stun reduction is near priceless, but there's also the critical bonus meta that would synergize really well with a high crit build. Most of the armor pieces will be identical to a war or ret, but you'll want the sunwell trinket and a handful of other healing oriented pieces and enchants. TheBruce is my bud's ret pali but he's working on a holy set now, should be a decent reference.

For some reason I assumed OP would play human, in which case the stun reduction meta is not that great since you can take Relentless as your pvp talent. I agree it's useful for non-human palas though, or if you want to take Adaptation.

On the 3% crit effect meta, I would personally take 10int and 5 crit over 3% crit effect (edit: it's 10int and 17 crit since the 3-socket plate helm has a ton more crit than the meta options), but again it's a judgment call. In any case I'm just theorycrafting, I freely admit I haven't played a holy pala much so I'll bow out of the discussion here :).

Last edited:
For some reason I assumed OP would play human, in which case the stun reduction meta is not that great since you can take Relentless as your pvp talent. I agree it's useful for non-human palas though, or if you want to take Adaptation.

On the 3% crit effect meta, I would personally take 10int and 5 crit over 3% crit effect (edit: it's 10int and 17 crit since the 3-socket plate helm has a ton more crit than the meta options), but again it's a judgment call. In any case I'm just theorycrafting, I freely admit I haven't played a holy pala much so I'll bow out of the discussion here :).

ya sorry i didnt mention, strictly horde pvper here :D lol

ya sorry i didnt mention, strictly horde pvper here :D lol

Does the stun duration meta work alongside Hardiness? I'm thinking yes since it's stun resist, not reduction. Haven't double checked though since Wrath.

Does the stun duration meta work alongside Hardiness? I'm thinking yes since it's stun resist, not reduction. Haven't double checked though since Wrath.

There are 2 Int metas that deal with stuns - one is 5% stun resist, which should stack with the Orc racial Hardiness, or with the Relentless pvp talent (since those 2 reduce stun duration). The other meta is 10% reduced stun duration, which wouldn't stack with the Orc racial, or with the pvp talent.

In any case, OP is rolling a pala so kind of a moot point to discuss Orc racials :).

There are 2 Int metas that deal with stuns - one is 5% stun resist, which should stack with the Orc racial Hardiness, or with the Relentless pvp talent (since those 2 reduce stun duration). The other meta is 10% reduced stun duration, which wouldn't stack with the Orc racial, or with the pvp talent.

In any case, OP is rolling a pala so kind of a moot point to discuss Orc racials :).
I'm pretty sure the 10% stun reduc meta stacks with orc racial?

I'm pretty sure the 10% stun reduc meta stacks with orc racial?
I may have been thinking of the recent-ish patch where they disabled the orc racial to stack with the relentless talent. I was under the impression that they made it not to stack with any similar effects, but may well be wrong since I haven't tested.

edit: I just looked up the patch notes in question, there's indeed only mention of orc racial and relentless stacking. So if you've tested and it works, I was wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread