US Are 91s viable at all or is this bracket dead?

I haven't heard of much activity in the 90-99 bracket.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe that 91 was a 'thing' because of certain scaling factors/gear availability.
I'm pretty sure people levelled up to 99 after legion or WoD as the niche that was keeping them at 91 subsided.

At the moment, due to level queue separation you won't find a battleground with locked xp and I haven't heard of any organised wargames happening.

I haven't heard of much activity in the 90-99 bracket.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe that 91 was a 'thing' because of certain scaling factors/gear availability.
I'm pretty sure people levelled up to 99 after legion or WoD as the niche that was keeping them at 91 subsided.

At the moment, due to level queue separation you won't find a battleground with locked xp and I haven't heard of any organised wargames happening.

I think a big part of 99s was the fact that you could get your artifact weapon - However with their effects being disabled, i doubt they're much better

I have a level 90 collecting dust, was debating going 91. Is there any point?

what is your class ? 90 is one of the best bracket for a mm hunter .. Double Tap is available and this is one bracket i am waiting for all my hunters to reach one day .. they are all at lvl70 atm, preparing them to play in 70-89 bracket .. at lvl90, stop your exp, grind the full set of SoO raid gears with max number of slots (use 4 agility 4 mastery lava coral gem) with focus on gears that has the max mastery stat too, once you complete gearing, release your exp and you should be OP till lvl100. in this bracket 90-99 (especially when there are no more twinks around) you can kill almost anything within 4-5 seconds (including healers), and you can hit from a range of 74 yard ! to give you an idea how far 74 yards is .. you hit a mage starting at 48 yards (they have nothing further than 40 yards to hit you back), they blink away 20 yards .. they are still in your hitting range especially when your rapid fire is on lolol

all the above is that you release your xp and lvl up .. while having fun being the OP player in the entire bg, if you are thinking of twinking with freeze xp .. nope, there is no hope for lvl90 or 91 or 99 at the moment .. i have at least 20 twink hunters mothballed at 89, 91, 99, 100, 101, 109 .. nobody plays these brackets now, so you can either gear up and mothball them, or you can gear up and do 1 last OP battle that you can remember in your wow life

I think a big part of 99s was the fact that you could get your artifact weapon - However with their effects being disabled, i doubt they're much better

It was also because gear used to scale. Now gear no longer scales in instances, there might be/there is still ilvl scaling but it's much less potent and not enough to warrant level 91.

Outside a BG you might find that level 91 can get better secondaries but at 99 you will far surpass in the mainstats which have such a big impact these days.

There's little to no reason to be 91 at the moment, it's a relic of the past.

Outside a BG you might find that level 91 can get better secondaries

I don't think you can since the +6/+12 ilvl update. The biggest difference was at what ilvl enchants were limited to, and since that patch grandfathered a lot of stuff for 98/99 (also killed it by returning segregation) a 91 wont ever be "better" than a grandfathered 98/99. I guess fresh you could compare, but not really any point aside from what merlin does and twinks thru brackets with XP on.

edit- also, artifact weapons were too high ilvl for many enchants so not always "best" for every situation.

Users who are viewing this thread