Legend
Hello, sorry to bother you all with something so trivial, but
I haven't seen any guide on forums regarding a guide for
Archaeology, so I cant find an answer to the following: I want
to try to see if vial of the sands recipe
Is obtainable for a lvl 20 char with full cata alchemy. What would
Be the most optimal route for it? Try to do tolvir digsites? Can
We loot them or are we hit with a lvl requirement? Do other digsites
And exchange at vendors for tolvir fragment crates?
Any info would be appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken you can craft the vial but cannot use it.
Also you the fastest way to get tolvir fragments is spamming Zandalar/Kul Tiras digsites because of how quickly you can complete them with little to no walking and fighting. Then you buy crates.
If you want to do the Kalimdor digsites you can, the tolvir fragments are not level restricted or at least they weren't in SL (didn't checked recently) but the spawn rate of those digsites if quite low compared to any other (even arrakoa digsites are arguably more common in wod and we have 1 as Horde and 2 as Alliance). Also beware cuz one of the digsites, Temple of Uldum/Obelisk of the moon, requires you to die (or stealth) to reach it because of Schnottz mobs being in dense packs of ten.

If F2P you cannot obtain the Sands of Time (~3000 gold a piece) or the Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial (~ 5000 gold). You need to be a vet/subbed to get the gold for those.

The Vial of the Sands currently only required Apprentice Riding to use.

Also need Deepholm to fish up the Albino Cavefish for the oil. (Which currently only a lvl 20 Shaman on the Enhancement Artifact quest can do withotu a summon (which I believe is disabled).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread