EU+US Arcane Mage or Balance Druid?

Grinding up an epic Foamspittle and undecided as to what to twink next.

Personally, I regret not putting my foamspittle on my druid. I equipped it right away on mage, and at 20, mage is a bit of a onetrick pony as arcane. Balance feels like it has more going for it spell wise, plus interupts don't destroy your damage since you have two schools to work with. My votes on bal druid imo. Plus there's other boes you can farm as a leather wearer, not as much for cloth

Long term, I feel like druid is gonna be your best choice. Mages tend to fluctuate in power between xpacs pretty wildly. But some form or fashion of caster druid is always gonna be viable, either as resto FC/healer or as balance or (in the current xpac) both.

Druids.

Overall, Arcane Mages shines only due to the hability to spam CC and to get kills in LOS or when farther than 40 yards, by abusing the channeled nature of missiles. Druids have a higher skill-floor due to shapeshifting, healing, DoTs and procs.

And as said, Leather-users also have acess to more BoE Epics like https://www.wowhead.com/item=3011/feathered-headdress.

Last edited:
I can only speak from my experience, not a single Arcane Mage can win vs my fury, Balance druids can win against my fury ^^

I'm not even finished gearing my balance, but I have the basics, engi helm, epic foamspittle 5 piece fang, and I am getting staraurge crits on target dummies for 1050. Pretty insane. I was planning on playing resto, but maybe a FC assassin is in the mix, lol.

Yeah, ima make a moonkin eventually (casually whenever I'm next subbed which may not be for months). Been farming probably an hour or 2 a week and on 6 foamspittles now, 0 procs.
[doublepost=1557751960,1557751927][/doublepost]Ty for the input lads and ladesses
It's a pain, but I highly recommend turning wm on when you farm. There's no 19's there because it's not available until level 20. I ended up getting like 27 greens, 2 blues and finally an epic. Totally worth it! I also made a separate account just for vets because I missed not pvping on my main after a few months.

It's a pain, but I highly recommend turning wm on when you farm. There's no 19's there because it's not available until level 20. I ended up getting like 27 greens, 2 blues and finally an epic. Totally worth it! I also made a separate account just for vets because I missed not pvping on my main after a few months.
I do have a vet resto sham on my main account, could I move it to a trial account without ever subbing the trial?

Personally like arcane over boomie. Also, someone mentioned they are a one trick pony. This is accurate, and also kinda why I like them. They have the potential AT TIMES to kill bookies, and that to me is profound. Especially when a lot claim and boomies are best option, it kinda adds a bit of a fairness to the field.

/shrug

There is a time and place for both classes, and both are important to the success of a match. It’s all personal preference, but understand why some people really prefer mages over booms

Let me add another bit of information :

Arcane :
Zero Fun & skill (just press acrane missiles and occasionally sheep)

Owl :
Have fun while playing while doing Top DMG in BG's if you're not a moron

Pick Owl dummies!

Users who are viewing this thread