Arcane mage discussion

I'd argue that Disengage is -vastly- superior to Blink, even with the 35% speed boost, due to the fact that if you position yourself and take advantage of jumps, Disengage can give you soooo much more breathing room that blink.

But then again, this threads gone pretty far off topic as it is.

Arcane Barrage is the source of DPS for arcane, hands down. So that being said, you don't want to rely too heavily on crit as arcane. Stacking raw spell power, I feel does you more good than waiting for a crit. Because 9 times out of 10, you will be getting off more raw damage than getting crits. And lets say. you cast a fireball/frostbolt, instantly followed by an arcane barrage, and your missiles proc, followed by a fireblast. In that sequence of spells, you're bound to get a crit off, or so I've noticed playing my mage anyway.

I feel int/crit stacking is something more of an offensive frost mage should be stacking, rather than SP. The crit multiplier in the talent tree is just nuts.

_Arkant_ said:
Well, one last question: You think Drain Life and Fear outweigh CoC, Frostnova, Frostbolt, Polymorph and Blink in terms of survivability?

Dood, you forgot soulburned healthstone and demon armor. You obviously don't have a lock. Locks are unkillable if you can find those abilities in your spellbook and put them on your UI.

Hellmuth said:
Dood, you forgot soulburned healthstone and demon armor. You obviously don't have a lock. Locks are unkillable if you can find those abilities in your spellbook and put them on your UI.

Yes, I do have a lock.

Play more nicely children. You can have differing opinions without insulting one another.

Anyway, on with my post:

I'm a little late to this discussion, but I'll throw in my thoughts anyway.

30sp is strictly a dps increase over 22int. If you do the maths on it you will see that, but the RNG factor that the crit brings makes up for that. the 330 mana is nice, but for me it is just a minor perk, but regardless I prefer 22int over 30sp on my arcane mage. I would never consider going 7 int on bracers though. The sp loss: crit gain ration is way too high for it to be worthwhile. High crit chance is nice, but not at that expense.

Also, someone mentioned minor speed on the front page. Im not a fan of it on my arcane. I find the 7 stamina far more useful than minor speed. In a 1v1 vs a hunter the fight is determined either by the hunter's skill or the number of team mates that either of us have. Either way, I find the bigger healthpool more useful in both situations than a slightly enhanced ability to hug the hunter. That said, minor speed is useful for trying to outrun a hunter, but thats not a deciding factor for me.

Kore nametooshort said:
Play more nicely children. You can have differing opinions without insulting one another.

Anyway, on with my post:

I'm a little late to this discussion, but I'll throw in my thoughts anyway.

30sp is strictly a dps increase over 22int. If you do the maths on it you will see that, but the RNG factor that the crit brings makes up for that. the 330 mana is nice, but for me it is just a minor perk, but regardless I prefer 22int over 30sp on my arcane mage. I would never consider going 7 int on bracers though. The sp loss: crit gain ration is way too high for it to be worthwhile. High crit chance is nice, but not at that expense.

Also, someone mentioned minor speed on the front page. Im not a fan of it on my arcane. I find the 7 stamina far more useful than minor speed. In a 1v1 vs a hunter the fight is determined either by the hunter's skill or the number of team mates that either of us have. Either way, I find the bigger healthpool more useful in both situations than a slightly enhanced ability to hug the hunter. That said, minor speed is useful for trying to outrun a hunter, but thats not a deciding factor for me.

There are also some cool ways to hit cap with the +5 hit enchant on boots.

game i got dropped into, i was ganked as soon as i hit the FR. i didn't know what had killed me and there was alot of QQ in the BG chat concerning mages. game was lopsided but tied 1 - 1, 5 mages....i was like what? and 5 hunters too...

duplicate error?

arcane mages spamming arcbar from max range are literally the dumbest thing in 19s

sadly....you missed it then. apparently to others it is a big deal

SS shows the damage of what a mage can do, SS also shows hunters too...supposedly most OP class at 19.

no point of making i wish dream chardev's with items no longer in the game

you do like your crit rating..

Beaulol said:
There isn't anything unrealistic with any of these chardev's. I made these specifically for Gracob. If you don't have a few of these pieces then there are plenty of replacements available. Gracob does have every one of these pieces on his mage, so, it's a matter of changing a few pieces around.

Thanks those sets look good one of these days i'll have to get the BOA ring.

Users who are viewing this thread