EU+US ap farming

Anonymous

Is neths lair still the best for when it comes to ap farming? I know theres certain spots without the cube but was curious if it stills hold out or I'm I better off archaeology. My main is having bad luck getting it with the chests

Best way to get ap is to look for a boe imp farming group in the group finder. Normally there is one group going every night. In a full group you can expect about 2000 ap in hour and a boe.

I haven't able to find 1 in a while but I think its because I'm horde

Archaeology is an effective way of farming AP. Depending on the zone it can be as effective or more effective as neltharions lair.

And in theory if you have a large raid group you could potentially get an obnoxious amount of AP through archaeology. We're talking 4x faster than neltharions lair. Unfortunately I've never been able to get together a group of more than 5 people. If you were able to get 20+ people who had legion flying unlocked then you would probably get around 10,000 AP per hour. AFAIK this has never been done before though.

Archaeology is an effective way of farming AP. Depending on the zone it can be as effective or more effective as neltharions lair.

And in theory if you have a large raid group you could potentially get an obnoxious amount of AP through archaeology. We're talking 4x faster than neltharions lair. Unfortunately I've never been able to get together a group of more than 5 people. If you were able to get 20+ people who had legion flying unlocked then you would probably get around 10,000 AP per hour. AFAIK this has never been done before though.
need to be in a group to kill the mobs where gold shovels spawn. always gold ?? elites there.

need to be in a group to kill the mobs where gold shovels spawn. always gold ?? elites there.

Depends on the zone. There is always one zone where Legion archaeology is active and it changes every other Tuesday. Suramar is completely unfarmable at 99. Aszuna isn't great because the gold sites are unfarmable. Valsharah, Highmoutain, and Stormheim are all excellent zones for archaeology farming. In Valsharah, Highmoutain, and Stormheim you can very easily solo the gold dig sites.

The benefit of being in a large group is that once in a while, maybe one in every 15-20 dig sites, you'll dig up something that you can click on which will spawn an elite. The elite is gauranteed to drop an item that gives 300, 400, or 750 artifact power. The elite is also tagable by anyone. So being in a raid group would not limit who can loot it. Everyone that tags the elite will get AP. So if you have 20+ people digging then someone is bound to dig up an elite every one to three minutes. Once someone does they call everyone over and give them a minute to come over to them and everyone gets AP.

But again, AFAIK no one has ever done this with a large raid group, which to me is very surprising. Even 110s would get a ton of AP this way.

Users who are viewing this thread