US Anything New?

Just came back after not playing for 4-5 months. Anything changed that I need to bother with?
Some "highlights":
;)

EDIT: Also, I suppose seeing Death Knights and Demon Hunters in our BGs might surprise you... :p

Last edited:

Thank you very much! That party sync thing seems pretty neat.
[doublepost=1570790762,1570790323][/doublepost]
EDIT: Also, I suppose seeing Death Knights and Demon Hunters in our BGs might surprise you... :p

What's that all about? :eek:

That's kind of neat. Can people with XP turned off do it with XP on or nah? I wonder how it would scale my level 70's gear if I were to join 19 or 20.
Party sync didnt affect xp-on/xp-off separation at all. You still wont get pops.

As for scaling, you can read more in those threads but it doesnt actually "scale" you down so much as it'll turn you into a level 29, all your gear will be ilvl 33 and you'll be given a Legion-esque template (IE, no real control over your stats and none of your enchants will work). And there's no way around that. We've tried.

In other words, you might as well just make a pure f2p or a vet.

Party sync didnt affect xp-on/xp-off separation at all. You still wont get pops.

As for scaling, you can read more in those threads but it doesnt actually "scale" you down so much as it'll turn you into a level 29, all your gear will be ilvl 33 and you'll be given a Legion-esque template (IE, no real control over your stats and none of your enchants will work). And there's no way around that. We've tried.

In other words, you might as well just make a pure f2p or a vet.

Seems a bit odd to scale down the gear if you get templated anyways. I mean mastery is the only thing low levels don't have so they could just you know remove the mastery passive if they were so worried about that, and the gear scales down to the same ilvl anyways so why not just let them keep their stats? Do they keep all their spells and stuff?

Seems a bit odd to scale down the gear if you get templated anyways. I mean mastery is the only thing low levels don't have so they could just you know remove the mastery passive if they were so worried about that, and the gear scales down to the same ilvl anyways so why not just let them keep their stats? Do they keep all their spells and stuff?
So, a more in depth answer.

In testing, we've more or less determined that they are actually giving you a Legion template (not sure if its the exact template from legion or not but it works the same). So that means average ilvl is what determines the stats and so every piece of geared on a scaled down character is made ilvl 33 just to make things easy and consistent. And thats any piece of gear, even pieces that dont normally scale already, like LFH and engi helms and the like. If you take pieces of gear off, you'll lower your average ilvl and actually lose stats (though not stats that correspond to the gear you removed) but theres no way to add to your average ilvl. EVERYTHING is ilvl 33 on scaled down characters.

Blizz actually did a pretty solid job of making sure party sync couldnt be exploited to overpower levelers in BGs. Party syncd toons are actually fairly balanced. They perform as well as you'd expect any well geared but unenchanted* level 29 toon to perform.

*DKs runeforging still works

*DKs runeforging still works
also frost mage pet ability works
BM exotic beast abilities works
in theory any higher level warlock pet abilities should work? I have yet to confirm or deny this

Users who are viewing this thread