Anyone around from the old days?

Pre-4.0, Bloodlust, Cyclone, Nightfall. I was bouncing around on Subjection and my druid the other day and I didn't see any familiar faces, which isn't surprising.

More generally, are there any servers with 39 guilds? I know it'll never be the same, but I'd like to make a character and see what the bracket feels like now. I always enjoyed lower level PvP and the sense of community that accompanied playing in lower brackets.

Thanks,

Sub

I had toons on alliance 39 guild Shake N Bake. I miss those days.

Pre-4.0, Bloodlust, Cyclone, Nightfall. I was bouncing around on Subjection and my druid the other day and I didn't see any familiar faces, which isn't surprising.

More generally, are there any servers with 39 guilds? I know it'll never be the same, but I'd like to make a character and see what the bracket feels like now. I always enjoyed lower level PvP and the sense of community that accompanied playing in lower brackets.

Thanks,

Sub
Yea man i was in Bloodlust, server i played on was Frostmourne, i had a 39 male orc warrior named Bulleit. He was arms back then.

39's for the most part are dead for now but might pick up next xpac depending how it turns out.

I played a little on my 39 priest named Livingforce.

Still around, on the forums at least. Haven't played a whole lot the past few months and haven't touched 39s in an even longer time. Apnea/Revival, I started off playing in Nightfall way back in the day, then bounced between there and Reckoning.

Been playing on my main toon, Axonn, since BC. Was in Reckoning back then and for a bit in WotLK, then xferred to Nightfall to join Fuze on Jaedenar. Been there ever since. Took a big break in Cata, MoP, and WoD, and just recently came back for Legion. Miss the good old days with BC leg enchants, Rumsey Rum, quivers with different buffs, the green arrows that you farmed for, having both a ranged and melee weapon...

Very cool. I made a 39 horde priest on Bleeding Hollow if anyone wants to que sometime. My battletag is Subjective#1452. Hit me up!

These threads are always so sad to read, even for a lad like myself who's only experience in old school 39s came from catching the tail-end of THEE prime era of competitive twinking. The Michael Jordan era. Get outta here with your Lebron stuff. Old school 39s never die.

Last edited:
These threads are always so sad, even for a lad like myself who's only experience in old school 39s came from catching the tail-end of THEE prime era of competitive twinking. The Michael Jordan era. Get outta here with your Lebron stuff. Old school 39s never die.
It is a bummer. Definitely the most fun I've had playing anything. Maybe classic realms will be cool for twinking if they leave them alone and launch them fairly authentically--I don't know.

I do know that I miss real class identity with unique skills/qualities; the times when gear mattered, had character, and took time (transmog didn't exist, items were actually identifiable and familiar, and we looked like glorious retards hellbent on each other's destruction); when customization was actually possible (not ubiquitous BoAs); when flying mounts and lfg didn't exist and hadn't ruined literally any sense of community or world this game had. The weird part is, I understand the rationalization behind most changes Blizzard has made, but at every turn they've sacrificed genuine fun and community for convenience, profit, simplicity (how much really distinguishes a good player from a bad one anymore?), and balance/fairness (and went way overboard leading to homogenized gameplay).

Anyways, thanks for making me go on a nostalgia-riddled rant about this game, lol. 2018 and somehow still not over it, not completely. I remember logging in immediately after 4.0 and just thinking "fuck." I know some of what I mentioned came before it, but definitely the nail in the coffin for the oldschool era of the game for me.

It is a bummer. Definitely the most fun I've had playing anything. Maybe classic realms will be cool for twinking if they leave them alone and launch them fairly authentically--I don't know.

I do know that I miss real class identity with unique skills/qualities; the times when gear mattered, had character, and took time (transmog didn't exist, items were actually identifiable and familiar, and we looked like glorious retards hellbent on each other's destruction); when customization was actually possible (not ubiquitous BoAs); when flying mounts and lfg didn't exist and hadn't ruined literally any sense of community or world this game had. The weird part is, I understand the rationalization behind most changes Blizzard has made, but at every turn they've sacrificed genuine fun and community for convenience, profit, simplicity (how much really distinguishes a good player from a bad one anymore?), and balance/fairness (and went way overboard leading to homogenized gameplay).

Anyways, thanks for making me go on a nostalgia-riddled rant about this game, lol. 2018 and somehow still not over it, not completely. I remember logging in immediately after 4.0 and just thinking "fuck." I know some of what I mentioned came before it, but definitely the nail in the coffin for the oldschool era of the game for me.

I couldn't agree more if I tried to.

Not playing much nowadays. Soskanky/Skanks/Dispel in Red Text/Fuse days. Toastage is playing end game a bit. Arock still playing quite a bit. I see Rennen on from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread