EU+US Another way to get AP in 7.2

Aelobin

DK Twink (80 / 85 / 101)
In 7.2 they're adding Legion invasion world quests (a bit like the pre-launch event) which appear to be available at 101. Most of these just grant order hall resources or xp but I noticed on the PTR that one of them gave a 285 AP token.

lfZyTjD.jpg

8oj8Vun.jpg

Not sure how often these world quests will reset but it's at least a small bonus :)

Too bad they don't reward more AP. But I guess it's not bad considering it may be faster than doing a dungeon run and not getting anything from both chests.

So, did a bit of archaeology on my 101.
a5w9Ep5.png

T0Uso7v.png

I did a silver dig site first.
During the 12 surveys I got 1
fbeI0H6.png

Silver = 115 AP

Then I went to a golden dig site. (Legion is the only place where golden ones appear.)
During the 12 surveys I got 2
bkgV3bz.png

and 1 Doom Dust (and 2xwww.wowhead.com/item=130905/mark-of-the-deceiver)
Golden = 285 AP
_______

I will do some more digsites after work. After that very short look at it ... golden digsites seem to have a higher chance for items in comparison to silver ones. Will see after I've done some more. (1 Add spawned at the silver and 2 adds at the golden digsite. All 3 only dropped archaeology fragments.)

Did one more golden digsite, was too curious.
Okay, now listen ... this is what just happened after I did my second golden digsite:

1 Golden Digsite = 1370 Artifact Power!

(5xMark of the Deceiver)
3xImp's Femur(85)
1xDoom Dust(110)
2xFaded Green Gem(300)
1xFossilized Succubus Horn(400) - an usable item appeared on the ground, after activating it an elite spawned and dropped it.

8aPCFp1.jpg

jx1aA1K.png

Last edited:
Did one more golden digsite, was too curious.
Okay, now listen ... this is what just happened after I did my second golden digsite:

1 Golden Digsite = 1370 Artifact Power!

(5xMark of the Deceiver)
3xImp's Femur(85)
1xDoom Dust(110)
2xFaded Green Gem(300)
1xFossilized Succubus Horn(400) - an usable item appeared on the ground, after activating it an elite spawned and dropped it.

8aPCFp1.jpg

jx1aA1K.png
Thanks for the info man. I definitely have some work to do. 4 10s to level archeology from 1 skill level xD

Yeah looks like i'll be leveling archeology soon ^^

I've already told you that sometimes a mob spawns (890k hp) which drops extra fragments. And sometimes you get an item to summon these normal mobs. This time he exploded on death and spawned three lootable items. All of them contained fragments and one contained 85ap and another one 115ap. Happenend on a silver digsite.

On the same digsite I had another exploding mob. This time it gave me 85ap and 400ap. 770 Artifact Power at this Silver Digsite overall.

3rd silver only gave 300ap.
4th silver gave 815 ap.
3rd golden 585ap.

So even more ap for us. :p

Last edited:
Are digsites still spawning in 110 elite areas? I honestly quit looking at archeology in the first round of 7.2 when I saw half of the spawns would require having a 110 bodyguard.

Are digsites still spawning in 110 elite areas? I honestly quit looking at archeology in the first round of 7.2 when I saw half of the spawns would require having a 110 bodyguard.
After doing 17 dig sites, all of them in stormheim, there is one silver spawn where 1 110 elite is. You can just skip it. Or kite the giant away and dig.

Users who are viewing this thread