Another "off the beaten path" 49s twink?

poppabear

Grandfathered
I played some demonology lock yesterday and there seems to be some very good potential with it. Can anyone else let me know their experience with it? I was running Demonic Strength, Demonic Calling, Demon Skin, and Call Felhunter. Between Call felhunter 6s silence and the 4s axe stun from my felguard, it seemed great. Top 5 damage in each bg i ran last night, and as those of you know that I play with, 90% of that was put on healers. Im clumsy as hell with it right now and no clue what im doing. Im not fully geared by any means and am running haste. Any experiences or gear/build suggestions from yall would be greatly appreciated!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/doomhammer/popabear

lock is getting a boost or something .. before and after the patch, lock at every brackets is a easy target for me .. i think after the recent patch, they are like 2 times harder to kill .. at least it feels that way in bg now and yeah, i found their dmg increased, afflic lock is the most obvious

lock is getting a boost or something .. before and after the patch, lock at every brackets is a easy target for me .. i think after the recent patch, they are like 2 times harder to kill .. at least it feels that way in bg now and yeah, i found their dmg increased, afflic lock is the most obvious

i concur, locks were tearing it up last night. can no longer ignore them, specially if properly geared

Demonology can shred. My only experience with a twink lock is at the 60 bracket.

May I suggest that for battlegrounds you run Doom. If you apply this onto all the targets you'll get a few to tick. They crit for around 2k on my lock with a max of 3k with zerker buff.

Sacrificial Pact is a must have. It's so much stronger than demon skin for battlegrounds and 1v1 fights. Unless you're running a dungeon where demon skin has time to stack itself passively it's just not worth it.

With sacrificial pact you'll sacrifice 330 hp and gain a 1650hp bubble. Of course, the usefulness of this bubble wares off the lower hp you are. But if you have 2 fury warriors switch on you in a bg, pop this and you'll last maybe 2-3 seconds longer.

Felhunter pvp talent is great but I often run the instant dreadstalkers as it helps a lot with my mobility & shard management.

A good thing to note - using Demonic Strength on a target will cause your felguard to dash to that target. It's useful to know this in certain situations.

New to 49's and new to the Warlock class, haven't tried Demo spec yet, its on the to do list...

welcome! i have found Demo to be fun as hell! lots of dps potential and good survivability...unless you are up against Alice's mw monk! :p
[doublepost=1545310129,1545308929][/doublepost]
Demonology can shred. My only experience with a twink lock is at the 60 bracket.

May I suggest that for battlegrounds you run Doom. If you apply this onto all the targets you'll get a few to tick. They crit for around 2k on my lock with a max of 3k with zerker buff.

Sacrificial Pact is a must have. It's so much stronger than demon skin for battlegrounds and 1v1 fights. Unless you're running a dungeon where demon skin has time to stack itself passively it's just not worth it.

With sacrificial pact you'll sacrifice 330 hp and gain a 1650hp bubble. Of course, the usefulness of this bubble wares off the lower hp you are. But if you have 2 fury warriors switch on you in a bg, pop this and you'll last maybe 2-3 seconds longer.

Felhunter pvp talent is great but I often run the instant dreadstalkers as it helps a lot with my mobility & shard management.

A good thing to note - using Demonic Strength on a target will cause your felguard to dash to that target. It's useful to know this in certain situations.

i gave Doom a shot last night, but unfortunately, I tried it when we had a full group of big dps, so everything died before it could proc. I dont think its viable at 49s, not much stays alive for 25s against a twink group?

Dark Pact is a great move for 1v1 fights, but it seems that demon skin helps against all the dots and bleeds that get put on me. I think the whole idea with this spec is to stay away from melee, so as i adjust my playstyle, i'll keep testing.

I do really like the insta-Dreadstalkers, but its a high price to pay for the 6s silence of felhunter. I switch it out depending on how many healers im against.

thank you for the advice though @hom Much appreciated! :)

i gave Doom a shot last night, but unfortunately, I tried it when we had a full group of big dps, so everything died before it could proc. I dont think its viable at 49s, not much stays alive for 25s against a twink group?

Dark Pact is a great move for 1v1 fights, but it seems that demon skin helps against all the dots and bleeds that get put on me. I think the whole idea with this spec is to stay away from melee, so as i adjust my playstyle, i'll keep testing.

I do really like the insta-Dreadstalkers, but its a high price to pay for the 6s silence of felhunter. I switch it out depending on how many healers im against.

thank you for the advice though @hom Much appreciated! :)

Yes with a full group it's difficult to make Doom work. I find it useful for Arathi Basin as there's often times someone will run past on a mount, out of range to lock down but enough for me to curse them with Doom.

Some of the most satisfying kills are when you do this, 25 seconds later 'Killing Blow on XXX' and I see my doom tick for 2.5k across the map!

Power Siphon is my go to after Doom. Demon Bolt can hit pretty hard and the fact it's instant makes life easy.

I guess for Demon Skin I never noticed it's impact. It's also frustrating when you do get switched on as there's almost nothing we can do & having a bubble is at least some kind of panic button that helps out.

No problem, glad you're enjoying Demonology. The burst aoe damage and control it has is a lot of fun.

Can we get a bis list for demos/locks in generally I'm trying g to decide between 39s/49s for my lock as demo more than likely dont really enjoy affl and haven't picked it up cause of that

I got to play some Demo lock last night, and agree with the post above. Its very team dependent, could see potential in wargames or pm vs pm fights...

Pretty much using the same gear as I was playing Aff, but running around as Destro now. Which is pretty fun getting Chaos bolts off, but would still role Aff for team fights imo...
Can we get a bis list for demos/locks in generally I'm trying g to decide between 39s/49s for my lock as demo more than likely dont really enjoy affl and haven't picked it up cause of that

Users who are viewing this thread