Another Monk: FEEDBACK

Adam

Grandfathered
Hi y'all,

Ronjeremiah @ Darkspear - Community - World of Warcraft

Very recently made this BM Monk. Yes, a BM Monk. I would like helpful feedback about what I can improve on in my build, plis don't bother posting asking me why I chose the class and/or that I shouldn't be playing it. I can't be bothered to grind out the Charged Gears of Agility so I just have Argas/Ello's rn. As for the Inherited Insignia of the Alliance, I have it there as a placeholder as I don't have a level 100 atm to get Touch of the Void, and I realize boot enchants don't stack with cloak. Also, what professions would you guys suggest?

Thank you!

You might want to try and get Shadowfangs and charged gear rings of agility;
other than you look good to go. I wouldnt stress to much on gloomshroud armor, but it will definitely be a better upgrade

and your probably not gonna get any posotive feedback if you play a 29 BM monk
(their hated on TI...well all fotm in general)

I actuall like using glass cannon intellect gear on my 29 BM Monk, it allows me to heal more.

Thanks for this boys. Great start

If you don't care about my gear don't bother coming to this forum.. just die

Alright man we will make an exception since you are new here. I apologize for my inaccurate behavior, as a brewmaster monk your main stat priority is Strength. Strength allows your kegs to hit harder and you get bigger shields due to the attack power bonus. For secondary stats you want to use Mastery>multistrike>crit>anything else. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

You might want to try and get Shadowfangs and charged gear rings of agility;
other than you look good to go. I wouldnt stress to much on gloomshroud armor, but it will definitely be a better upgrade

and your probably not gonna get any posotive feedback if you play a 29 BM monk
(their hated on TI...well all fotm in general)
Thanks for the advice mang.

Transmog the shoulders and weapons, unless it's just armory being a punk.

Personally, I'd have multiple weapons, with different enchanments. Landslide is absolutely great at for most melee based classes on it's proc. Colossus isn't as useful on a 29 Brewmaster, but it can still be rather nice in clinch moments.

As for gear, well, since you don't want charged gears...I guess Heavy Silver rings are your next step up. I'd highly advise trying for the gears though, it's well worth the effort. I've never played a 29 Fotm, but I've heard Vibroblade is nasty as offhand weapon.

Transmog the shoulders and weapons, unless it's just armory being a punk.

Personally, I'd have multiple weapons, with different enchanments. Landslide is absolutely great at for most melee based classes on it's proc. Colossus isn't as useful on a 29 Brewmaster, but it can still be rather nice in clinch moments.

As for gear, well, since you don't want charged gears...I guess Heavy Silver rings are your next step up. I'd highly advise trying for the gears though, it's well worth the effort. I've never played a 29 Fotm, but I've heard Vibroblade is nasty as offhand weapon.
I left the shoulders because I didn't have any good ideas for them. And same goes for the weapons, but weapons are kinda cool imo. Any suggestions? So you think it'd be best to do keep one Dancing Steel weapon enchant and go for a Landslide on the other?

A question for anyone else: what profession is most beneficial for me? I know Engineering gives the glider

Last edited by a moderator:
I left the shoulders because I didn't have any good ideas for them. And same goes for the weapons, but weapons are kinda cool imo. Any suggestions? So you think it'd be best to do keep one Dancing Steel weapon enchant and go for a Landslide on the other?

A question for anyone else: what profession is most beneficial for me? I know Engineering gives the glider

Cutthroat's Mantle - Item - World of Warcraft and/or Serpent's Shoulders - Item - World of Warcraft would be my go to things for that set. Personally, I'd go with the BoA agility sword for that mog, it'd go pretty well. Having Landslide for it's pure attack power proc would be nice, but that's up to personal preference.

Lol I think it may be ok to most if you remove guard from action bar as that's what makes bm so hated. I know the 39s do that.

i'll be helpful this time around i suppose. i'd say go for the 2set defias gloves(Glove Reinforcement enchant)+legs(Shadowleather leg armor) for the additive AP/Bonus Armor 2set + Cloaked Shoulderpads of Power (Heavy Borean Armor kit..i think?) then Of course fangs if you cba to farm em.

said it before and i'll say it again. if you want respect as a monk don't play brew... you are after all asking for "feedback" on your twink right?

the monks on the armory are bis, you pretty much want to stack AP like there's no tomorrow. find the gear on wowhead if you're unsure and you'll see what's up. :) GL

i'll be helpful this time around i suppose. i'd say go for the 2set defias gloves(Glove Reinforcement enchant)+legs(Shadowleather leg armor) for the additive AP/Bonus Armor 2set + Cloaked Shoulderpads of Power (Heavy Borean Armor kit..i think?) then Of course fangs if you cba to farm em.
Cool, decided to go for the Blackened set as you suggested. Will get enchants on them tomorrow when the prices hopefully drop. xD

Trialkiller said:
said it before and i'll say it again. if you want respect as a monk don't play brew...
Don't worry, I didn't make this class thinking that I'd get respect lol
Nonetheless, thanks for the advice. :)

Actually just laughed out loud to that video [MENTION=19875]Waterguns[/MENTION]

Users who are viewing this thread