Announcement -- Moving from vBulletin to Xenforo

Myrm

Legend
Hello everyone.

Given the research I have done on vBulletin 5, the majority of the customer base is saying that it is a crap product. After messing around with the demo, I am inclined to agree with them.

So, with that being said, I am working on a brand new design for Xenforo for this site.

I do not have a completion date of yet, but figured I would let you all know that something is in the works to combat the issue with this site not being mobile-friendly whatsoever.

I thank you all for your time and I hope that this new design / forum solution ushers in a new era of twinks!

- Shane

What benefits are there over staying vb4?

Right now, we need to make this site mobile-friendly because it isn't at this point. Given that 55% of our user base is viewing this site on one or more mobile devices per day (according to Google Analytics + Webmaster Tools), we need to do an overhaul to ensure that we are helping to appeal to that market share.

There will be more benefits as well, and they will be outlined in more detail down the line. Right now, my main concern is just getting the mobile-friendly stuff going.

Right now, we need to make this site mobile-friendly because it isn't at this point. Given that 55% of our user base is viewing this site on one or more mobile devices per day (according to Google Analytics + Webmaster Tools), we need to do an overhaul to ensure that we are helping to appeal to that market share.

There will be more benefits as well, and they will be outlined in more detail down the line. Right now, my main concern is just getting the mobile-friendly stuff going.

So excited!

I setup a couple sites with Xenforo late last year, great software. Good move. The core of the Xenforo developers are people that left Jelsoft. Good luck.

My biggest concern here is Tapatalk support. No mobile interface can compete with it. It works fairly well with VB4. Isn't XF still not fully supported by Tapatalk? How much is your mobile traffic coming thru Tapatalk? I use another forum with XF mobile web only, not Tapatalk, and it's a miserable experience compared to Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread