EU An idea?

Torunament Saturdays

• Total voters

Asterias

best player europe
I have been discussing with quite a few of you a way to bring back some competitive games. What I propose we do is that we have a tournament each week of maybe a 50 dollar prize pool, any people can sign up with 10v10 teams and we can play on a Saturday, OR every person buys into the tournament with $2. The winning team takes all and is divided between the team. I propose if this happens we could hopefully get permission of the 'bigger' streamers FROM the twinking community to hopefully support in anyway ( both financially or through promotion ) this tournament. Hopefully would attract more attention to this bracket from other people, and obviously the more people that enter the bigger the prize pool, so we would promote this on Trade Chat, I personally am happy to donate to Streamers and ask them to promote this event on their twitters ( the very big ones ) to get extra coverage.
Obviously a few basic rules
No Survival Hunters
No stacking of classes etc
One that i was considering is no previous twink cup teams allowed to enter together, just to keep things interesting, and if a team wins twice, that it is forced to remove 3 players from the team or something along the lines and form another team ( this rule is a little f*cked but you get what I'm saying ).
Possibly some midweek entertainment would be on a Wednesday evening at about 17:00 realm time, we all form 5 man groups and queue into eachother with a SET group, obviously there will be a lot of trolls idiots and immature people that don't want competitive games and will just want to jerk off over 4 survival hunters 1 disc priest. We will find a way to get over this however.
Please let me know what you think of both and if you have any suggested rules for either or conditions or any feedback, please don't hesitate to comment below or message me.
Thank You for reading this aids without slitting your wrists.
pce

( i am happy not to run this if people prefer anyone else to, which is completely understandable )

Problem with Twink Tournaments currently is not the prizepool but the amount of Teams that join in. This kind of Tournament wouldn't solve that issue. It'd be cool if the underlying issue was resolved, though.

I think Twink Tournaments etc fail as only the sophisticated and experienced twinks (ar allowed to) join, whereas in this case we could have all and any twinks participate and therefore we would have more teams.

However, as much as I like the idea I think given the current state of the twinking, organising 10v10 tournaments every week would be optimistic. Maybe we could resort to doing 5v5 snipes on the weekends (tbh they happen either way but we could get more structure going) and as this becomes more of a tradition we could slowly aim at beginning to organise 10v10 wargames. Not an ideal option, but something we could work towards.

Big up on the initiative tho ! :)

No sub, game aint worth 0.01 cent in the current state, and my 150k gold is better spend not being spend, than used as payment for sub.

No sub, game aint worth 0.01 cent in the current state, and my 150k gold is better spend not being spend, than used as payment for sub.

I miss u, godlock :(

On EU, you will have 1 team dominating the whole thing. A lucrative way to approach this is by making 2nd, and 3rd place not worthless. If winner takes it all, we all know who's gonna run with the winnings. At least by how it looks right now. There are no established EU teams. This could maybe work better on US, since there are already established teams there, although I'm all for promoting EU. There's just a lack of teams/history, which creates flaws in your current way of organizing the event.

Money is always a good carrot on a stick, but it could be an idea to start elsewhere, unless it's donation money. Having to buy in might deflect teams who would have given it a go otherwise (risk/reward kind of thing). First we need to develop a proper environment for teams wanting to form, and you do that by giving them minimal risk at first, or extend the carrot (i.e. not making 2nd and 3rd place worthless).

The way I see it, we are skipping vital steps towards realizing what you are trying to accomplish.

On EU, you will have 1 team dominating the whole thing. A lucrative way to approach this is by making 2nd, and 3rd place not worthless. If winner takes it all, we all know who's gonna run with the winnings. At least by how it looks right now. There are no established EU teams. This could maybe work better on US, since there are already established teams there, although I'm all for promoting EU. There's just a lack of teams/history, which creates flaws in your current way of organizing the event.

Money is always a good carrot on a stick, but it could be an idea to start elsewhere, unless it's donation money. Having to buy in might deflect teams who would have given it a go otherwise (risk/reward kind of thing). First we need to develop a proper environment for teams wanting to form, and you do that by giving them minimal risk at first, or extend the carrot (i.e. not making 2nd and 3rd place worthless).

The way I see it, we are skipping vital steps towards realizing what you are trying to accomplish.
i'd dominate

I miss u, godlock :(

Likewise. Such a shame the game I itch to play, has ceased to exist..

Did they fix Artifact pwr yet, I mean can you play alts at endgame or still forced to stick with 1, 3-button rotation class ?

Might resub and gear my druid or priest if you can force Sami to do 3s ala wod xD

First we need to develop a proper environment for teams wanting to form, and you do that by giving them minimal risk at first

we could resort to doing 5v5 snipes on the weekends (tbh they happen either way but we could get more structure going) and as this becomes more of a tradition we could slowly aim at beginning to organise 10v10 wargames.

Wouldn't my suggestion fit the description of what you have in mind, at least to some extent? Having consistent snipe games would grant 'history' to draw on which would encourage people to group and create teams and thus resort to 10v10 instead of 5v5 at some point in the future.

Wouldn't my suggestion fit the description of what you have in mind, at least to some extent? Having consistent snipe games would grant 'history' to draw on which would encourage people to group and create teams and thus resort to 10v10 instead of 5v5 at some point in the future.

Sniping is more of a mercenary type of thing. What we want is actual 10-man teams to form. Sniping got common in Legion to get somewhat competitive PuG games. We are talking with tournaments in mind here.

My suggestion was still with a 10v10 in mind.

The problem lies in, as mentioned, that one team in particular has been competing over at US for years when EU was dead. This is a HUGE factor to consider when talking about a barrier between the teams. You'd essentially be putting "little league" players against "major league" players (hard truth). If money is going to be the incentive, we need to make sure that people don't see this barrier as an obstacle, but rather an opportunity. You do that by nullifying the risk factor of participating in the first place, while trying to establish a sense of accomplishment for underlying teams. I.e. making 2nd and 3rd place relevant, rather than winner takes all. Keep in mind, I'm not promoting full-casual-everyone-is-a-winner type of thing you see in kindergarden. It's merely a strategic angle to get things going.

As time progresses, teams get better, and with progress comes great fortune.

Last edited:
I think Twink Tournaments etc fail as only the sophisticated and experienced twinks (ar allowed to) join, whereas in this case we could have all and any twinks participate and therefore we would have more teams.

Nothing stops noobs from forming a 10 man and join.

Give plebs incentive to play (going back to my previous posts). Let it grow and harvest the fruits when time comes. I can guarantee you, that with your current strategy, you won't see a lot of sign-ups. I can see GSC, and maybe 2 mercenary teams forming. Nothing more. You might be okay with that at first, but it will never grow from that. It will keep being those teams over and over because of the huge gap between what you currently have in the group of EU twinks. Most will see it as throwing away money simply to get stomped. If you make it lucrative for all skill levels to get into the action, you will have a way more diverse tournament with possibility of growth. Not rocket science really.

Users who are viewing this thread