Dismiss Notice
Hey Mr. Anonymous! Now you can post here as a guest without registering on the website! Enjoy ^.^

News Amateur Esports Association - Introduction

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Burg, Nov 26, 2017.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burg

Burg <Nagaz With Attitudez> Senior Coordinator Amateur Esports Asso

testaea.png

The Amateur Esports Association was founded on the basic concept that most (if not all) esports cater to the top 1% of gamers. AEA’s primary goal is to focus on the 99% of gamers who are either casuals or semi-pros. This means that everything we do will have a unique, community centered approach to it.

To start, AEA will not be focusing on one single twink bracket. It is our intent to jump around the more active twink brackets including some of the higher level ones, and creating tournaments/events there. This means we won’t just be focusing on BGs and Arenas for 19s like the Nineteens Wargaming League did back in 2015, however there will still be plenty of that.

Our events are intended to place more of an emphasis on consistency over raw broadcasting and organizational quality and capacity. This is not to say that we don’t prioritize these things, on the contrary, they are incredibly important to us, but what is most important to us is allowing our organization to naturally progress with the trust of the community that our events will happen.

Given our desire not to jump straight into the “deep end” of esports, our events will start off more casually. Events will be streamed, shoutcasted, spectated, and analyzed (yes that means the pre-game show will return) but there will not be tournaments with prize pools until we as an organization feel comfortable with the state of ourselves and the community. Big events similar to The Twink Cup cannot be forced or they will not succeed. We will not plan or announce large events until we have 100% certainty that those events can be supported across the board.

We’ll be announcing events shortly but this thread is to put the community on notice. If you want to play in or get involved in creating events, now is the time to make that desire clear.

If you want to get involved contact @Conq / @Blackout

Below is a list of events we’re planning:

• 19 Twink 10v10’s (Two teams, Best of 5)

• 29 Twink 3v3’s (Two teams, Best of 11)

• 29 Twink 10v10’s (Two teams, Best of 5)

• 70 Twink 3v3’s (Two teams, Best of 11)

Below is a list of roles that we could use more help than we already have in:

• Adobe After Effects (create animations for the Stream)

• Analysts (Participate in 15-30 min Pre-game Analysis show)

• Shoutcasters (All Brackets)

These events do not have dates yet and AEA will not be replacing XPOFF.com, and in conclusion we won’t just be focusing on the above three brackets. If a bracket shows enough interest in events, we have what we need to begin putting out those events, so it’s only a matter of time. If you have any questions, please post them here. They will not be answered on the thread but later this week. @Blackout and @Conq will be releasing a Stream and Vlog discussing specifics and answering hand-selected questions, so ask the good ones!

(Credits to @Embu for the logo)

• Like Like x 8
  2. Devm

Devm Member

gay

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Romeo_Quack

Romeo_Quack Banned

Great idea, not sure if I agree with the staff, Best of luck regardless.

4. partygirl

partygirl Toxic GSC

Might aswell remove any plans on any 10v10 events since nobody can be bothered / is able to form and keep up a solid team 10 man roster to compete in any kind of tournament. Shame.

5. OP
    Burg

Sadly you are right but at this moment in time we are not pushing for a tournament. We are wanting to get just two teams, so for example One Punch vs GSC, and have them face each other in a series of games. Hopefully over time players will return, teams will form, new teams will step in, and we can maybe one day have another tournament. Will that happen? More then likely not. But we are here to try to help as much as possible to get something to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. partygirl

partygirl Toxic GSC

Its not impossible that more teams will form in the future but I doubt it idk, maybe next expansion if there are massive changes or something. I doubt even one punch will form a 10 man to fight us in friendly wargames aswell XD

7. OP
    Burg

Yeah, for sure. But here's to hoping!

8. Warlord Daboo

Warlord Daboo 10-19 Coordinator 19s Coordinator Warlords of Warsong

Love the idea and would love to share some of our ideas and stream them! I'll pst you Burg, looking forward to this taking off!

9. OP
    Burg

Thanks, that would be great. You are better off messaging @Conq though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Embu

Embu French Moderator Moderator Senior Coordinator Amateur Esports Asso

Thanks.

Anyway we remain open-minded. If anyone wants to contribute, add a suggestion or an idea, he's welcome.

11. Fry

Fry Herping 'n derping

Sorry, this isn't intended as a troll comment. But if this thing has been planned and is being coordinated mainly by Blackout and Conq why didn't Conq post it himself? o_O
    Also, I have another question. What kind of After Effects content are you looking for? Can you throw some examples please? TY :D

12. ohti

ohti Member

Neato

13. Yapah

Yapah Grandfathered

delet this offense post

14. Allybeboba

Allybeboba ...

Sounds like fun!!

gay = happy right?

15. Light

Light alcoholic

no it means fagg0t
    like you like dck up your asz
    a fruity muthafuka
    you know?

edit: but in this instance its used as an insult
    the event being gay meaning like stupid or something

16. Budgetmonk

Budgetmonk Conqueror Moderator Social Media Coordinator Amateur Esports Asso

17. Allybeboba

Allybeboba ...

I like fruit. Had some for a mid morning snack my friend. A few grapes and a tangerine.

@Burg Conq should be still sitting on a sizable donation I gave him a few months back for the TC or something, I really don't remember what it was for to be perfectly honest. Dip into it for this. If it has been used for funding of other fun stuff just PM me and I will get you guys some more.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!!

18. Trollguden

Trollguden Yey-Hough

Sounds cool, would love to join something like this but I'm not playing US so will most likely miss out again. Sucks for those ppl who doesn't want to pay for 2 accs, play until early morning or know ppl on US. Best of luck tho.

19. Kageroo

Kageroo Veteran

What about overwatch?
    @Conq the overwatch manager.

20. Devm

Devm Member

Was meant as a joke :/ not trying to offend anyone

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.