EU+US Am I Bad If I Hate Endgame PvP?

Tom Ganks

I know I'm bad at Endgame PvP, but the reason I'm bad at it is that I get too frustrated to even bother getting good at it. One thing that has really killed the mood of pvp is the over-complication of it. I personally think there are too many abilities, but also that endgame is effected the most everytime a new expansion drops. For some reason Blizzard thinks it's necessary to change up the way entire classes are played when hardly anybody has a problem with the previous iteration. I just don't feel like re-learning every enemy class in PvP on-top of already having to learn my own after each expansion. Plus there's the ever-changing artifact traits, legendary variation, and unnecessary pvp talents that just means adjusting to new keybinds from PvE to PvP.

I appreciate the ability pruning (unlike many people) because I value skill towards objective over skill toward class mastery. If a class is relatively simpler, the person then focuses more on becoming a better objective player and maneuvering instead of constantly trying to keep track of CDs and procs. When you are spending 50% of your attention on your interface, you probably aren't going to be very aware of your surroundings.

But there's one thing that hasn't been pruned, that's stuns. There's no doubt that playing 19s vs playing endgame would be a huge difference. But if there's one thing I appreciate about low level PvP, it's the freedom of movement without being stunned, silenced or feared every 2.5 seconds.

A player on the B-Net forums worded it perfectly. If you're playing without colored nameplates (varying on class), every other player may as well be a rogue, because you're constantly having to worry about cc or stuns from every type of class. What's worse is the vast amount of stuns, kicks, etc, available to each class/spec.

I'll probably get some hate for this, but I don't care. I respectfully believe one of the main reasons people play twinks as opposed to endgame PvP is how simple it is.

I don't see intolerance for a huge number of abilities as lack of skill, but rather as what some players value over others in terms of mastery. For instance, if you play shooters, you may hear players complain about too many unnecessary additions. Halo 3, which is a shooter from 2007, hones skill in consistent aim, movement/positioning, and teamwork/map control. A newer game such as Halo 5, focuses skill more on spartan abilities, and has faster kill times, granting luck to sometimes inconsistent aim and slower reaction time.

Last edited by a moderator:
youd be bad if you enjoy legion endgame

TLDR: Endgame is over-complicated. Not that I think over-complicated is bad, it just takes away focus on objective for me. I'd rather focus on my surroundings rather than my action bar.

Also too many stuns/cc

Totally agree. I think health pools are just absurd too and the TTK sucks. I just find the length of engmanets to be too long and tedious.

My one complaint with low lvl PvP is concussive shot which is too easily spammable...

Well first off, learning end-game abilities and the ever-changing meta takes time, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Sure it may be "hard", but if your goal is to be a great arena player or whatever then you do what it takes to get there. Sure, the class changes may make it more difficult, since people have to learn new abilities and how to deal with them, but that's part of the "fake adaptation" that blizzard wants players to experience. I think they feel that if abilities/classes don't change, then the game will be stagnant and less people will play, which is probably true for casual players. Alot of casual players like to see new abilities for their classes, since they aren't having to worry about other class changes. Also, alot of classes remain generally the same, yet they may have a few different abilities. Like i said, that comes down to adaptation and relearning, which isn't necessarily bad, but it takes away from actually learning how to play arena when you have to keep learning abilities again. Regarding the stuns. Stuns have a DR (diminishing return) so you can't just continuously be stunned since the duration decreases each time until you have to wait for DR to fall off to be able to stun again. Sure, you can stun into trap into poly etc if you're in a bg, but there are ways to avoid it with awareness and good players around you. If you are in stun and you see a mage going to poly you, you could trinket then meld or trinket then shadowstep or wild charge interrupt. You see where im going with this. There are ways to avoid getting globaled or cc-chained. I agree that some people play twinks for the simplicity and casual play, which is fine. I don't even have legion, so I just twink. I have fun twinking and like to try and get bis, but everyone has their reasons. There are multiple glad/r1 players who also twink. Everyone has their own reasons for it. But you're right in one regard. If this game was simply for pvp, they shouldn't have abilities changed and stuff because it forces players to improve to win games and make plays. Like in super smash bros melee, for example, they have no changes yet the meta keeps evolving because players are discovering little things in the game that haven't been discovered. So, if the abilities didn't change, wow could be more optimal and more skill-oriented for pvp. So a good solution would be to just have another spec for just pvp, and have wow devs balance it. Then, even if pve and class changes occur, pvp will remain the same. This will never happen though so idk. And also about spending the time on your interface thing. That's why people keybind. You learn the abilities you have bound so that you can focus on the game better. About people thinking twinks are worse than end-game players because less abilities = less skill. Not true at all. Yet, that doesn't make twinks have more awareness etc just because they have less abilities. It just kinda allows twinks to more easily be aware of surroundings. Level 110s with 30-40 abilities can have the same awareness, if not better even with 40-50 abilities because they learned them all. Anyways, i realize this is way too long now and i've probably repeated myself alot in this post but yea.

im not the best at end game pvp ether tho
wpvp is a diff story haha
pve > everything
robo ur 110's are nicely geared for some pve u could definitely spank in wpvp as well

Users who are viewing this thread